Search results

1. 1981whips

Throttle Body Cleaning..

thats what i did and worked well just didnt get very good readings
  2. 1981whips

Throttle Body Cleaning..

my readings was after a really good clean it made a bid differance to drive and revs but just made me think is this right as im new to vag com an could do with someone who knows vag com to check an set some of my settings
  3. 1981whips

Clutch pedal problem

hows the wife driving it if your clutch is down on the ground
  4. 1981whips

there is a button next to the drivers seat ......

how do you turn it back on with vag com
  5. 1981whips

smell of petrol through vents

in short yes youll get a pressure drop and go in and out of limp mode well mine did anyway stupid price for part but do a search as theres a good guide for an alternative which is stronger than standard
  6. 1981whips

smell of petrol through vents

i had this problem aswell an it was the breather pipe under the second cover leading to the oil filter housing didnt notice it until i wiggled the pipes as the covers frame was wedged into the pipe so give them a wiggle
  7. 1981whips

Leon Cupra Tyre Pressures With Vredestein's

nice one they seem pritty good when i rang them before christmas still waiting for the rep to call back
  8. 1981whips

Throttle Body Cleaning..

what does it mean if you get low reading via vag com on a tb alignment as my figures was on the low side but it did run better after and the numbers was within the range
  9. 1981whips

ive cleared mine a few times but keeps comming but if i lock the car with the windows open and stick my hand through the alarm still goes of some im not bothered just thought id ask as it would be nice to have a scan with no faults. do all lc with electric wing mirrors have heated mirrors as...
  10. 1981whips

i thought it changed it to a combine harvester for all the yorkshire folk
  11. 1981whips

if you press it to turn it of does it come back on if you press it again or is there a time limit as it says in the book. im asking this coz ive pressed it a few times a while back and on vag come it says theres a fault with intirior sensor and no i havnt got an itchy arse
  12. 1981whips

Clutch pedal problem

be carfull not to pull the pedle up and down to much as you dont want to bend the wite rod/stick
  13. 1981whips

Clutch pedal problem

if you get on your knees and check high up on the stem of the peddle you should feel a small plate which are know for popping of if its not there you either need a new peddle or you could get it welded if it has gone youll see a wite stick. this is what happend to mine but i was doin about 80...
  14. 1981whips

yeh they seem to grip well and last they say there in the same range as proxies but last a bit longer which to me would say dont grip aswell but they do. they work well in the rain and if you go in a deep puddle feels strange as its like slappin on ye brakes as they grip ive only got them...
  15. 1981whips

i haveVrederstein Ultracs sessantas on mine but there 225/45/18 and on the vw site they say 35psi compared to vredersteins 48psi and mine run fine at 35 all round
  16. 1981whips

What petrol are you putting in your Cupra's?

i can only get 97super from esso/tesco does 98 make that much of a differance coz i could feel a difference from puttting the 97 in as the regular is only 95 at esso/tesco i think
  17. 1981whips

is this the gearbox oil filler plug????

nice one it wont come out on its own now but it dont need to breath does it as ive raped aload of tape around it and wedged it in
  18. 1981whips

does this men it doesnt matter if it comes of then as ive wegded mine in now as every time i opened the hood it was not on it sat near the battery
  19. 1981whips

what happens if you havnt go a plug or hex in here as my rubber bit keeps poping of just put some tape round it and wedged it back in whats the risk or dont it matter
  20. 1981whips

Boost gauge effects on Split R DV

ive got mine connected to the fpr aswell just bought some 4mm hose and run it round the back with clips and ties then run it in from the maf sensor side keeping it away from hot pipes and runs smooth i got some 5m hose with is to much but at least i knew id have plenty. theres a guy from forge...