Search results

1. TheMikeh

TheMikeh's LCR - Revived!

Just spent a further £250 on front discs and pads! Got a nice shiney set of EBC Ultimax discs for the front and some Ferodo DS2500 pads ... now on a hunt for something for the rear! ... stock piling parts now for when the car returns from the garage
  2. TheMikeh

TheMikeh's LCR - Revived!

Introduction to this thread Hey A few of you may remember me from back in 2008 with my Luna LCR with Anthracite wheels ... anyway it was abused for a few years doing the daily commute, then the gearbox went, then the clutch failed, then it hit 130k on the clock and finally the steering rack...
  3. TheMikeh

URGENT!!! Noisey 3rd gear

The noise is just getting worse, for me now it has got to the point whereby the noise is that loud you can hear it above the stock radio on its loudest setting (before speakers give in!!) ... I'm currently seeking gearbox, clutch kit and flywheel to replace all together. I have just been...
  4. TheMikeh

Gearbox / Clutch -- Some Advice

Thank you for the advice, will strip the boot tomorrow as it deff not right ... :) oh and when I say 'noise' from the gearbox I mean its loud enough to stop me being able to hear someone talking to me in the car, its a very loud, nearly shouting level, grinding noise, not even a whine ... so...
  5. TheMikeh

Bulb Sizes

I know that mate but on the site are a few variations e.g. 1x LED versions and then multiple LED versions of the same lamp!
  6. TheMikeh

Bulb Sizes

Really confused what I need now :( wanting ideally to replace ALL interior lighting ... So Glovebox, Puddles, Courtesy Lights, Number Plate. Anyone care to help me? lol
  7. TheMikeh

Do I need to do the DMF? how much are they roughly? also any ideas on price for an OEM clutch on a LCR?
  8. TheMikeh

LCR Wingmirror issue!

Still got this issue, short of changing the mirror Im stumped :(
  9. TheMikeh

:( *cries*
  10. TheMikeh

Hey, This message is in relation to my LCR 225 ... 2004 reg (114,000 miles, poor thing!) As some of you know I've been having some horrendous noises from 3rd gear whilst 'engine braking' ... have done as much testing as I can and concluded the problem lies in the gearbox so now wish to...
  11. TheMikeh

My LCR sounds like its electric powered!!

God that took some turning!!! pair of pliers AND a screwdriver, wasn't even registering on the dipstick oops!! my bad!! all filled, drove it, topped it up and sorted, noise is virtually gone.
  12. TheMikeh

Erm, how do I open the power steering fluid, bottle cap looks odd and won't turn like the others ... I'm being stupid
  13. TheMikeh

Hi, Right bit of an update on this one ... the noise is like the noise you get from an electric motor when it powers up ... like a whirring noise, its louder than the engine!! it's not always present BUT as soon as I turn the steering wheel it get's very loud ... if it wasn't making the noise...
  14. TheMikeh

Argh help!!! My LCR has started making this whirrring noise, which increases with pitch as the engine rev's ... sounds a bit like an electric milk float accelerating, could this be a bearing on one of the wheels/pulleys/pumps? Anyone got any ideas of what could be causing this? Im dreading...
  15. TheMikeh

URGENT: LCR Broken Down!! towed home ...

FIXED!!!! Its fuse number 28, replaced with another 15a fuse and she lives!! :D yey
  16. TheMikeh

Ive just got a series of unhelpful icons! just going to search for the manual on here
  17. TheMikeh

Looking at the cover now but can't see anything thats obviously a pump ... lots of engine ones with a lightning bolt through it, haha god you can tell Im not a mechanic!!
  18. TheMikeh

Right just ran out to the car and I used to remember there being a whirrr noise when the ignition was turned on so the dash lite up, its not doing this now!! would this indicate the pump isn't working? What fuse do I check for the fuel pump?
  19. TheMikeh

Will have a look first thing, the car has just under 3/4 of a tank in it, never let it go below half way. To be honest ive not checked to see if the pump makes the whir noise before it starts ... will have a check later.