Search results

1. vwbassett

Mk1 genuine seat leon roof bars

Genuine seat leon mk1 roof bars Lockable with key Aero aluminium roof bars Two seat stickers missing from caps Cash on collection from sanderstead jct 6 m25
  2. vwbassett

Bones of Dog

I bought a second hand one with both polly bushes fitted. Usually quite a few for sale on ebay and facebook marker place. It gives a more direct and solid feel with less wheel hop but it will make gearbox noises and whines more noticeable as well as sending a reasonable amount of resonance...
  3. vwbassett

what have you done to your car today ?

After not using the car at all during lockdown it was well over due an oil change. Oil and filter with a baffled sump and new pick up wont hurt when on track. Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  4. vwbassett

After advice about forging BAM

Stage 1 I would stay stock engine and buy a reliable running one Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  5. vwbassett

LCR track car build

Got it from Awesome GTI, it was a tad over £200 with black Friday discounts. Cheapest I've seen them for a long time. Shame I've got to spend the extra 50 quid on new gaskets, pick up and sealant Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  6. vwbassett

LCR track car build

No idea if I will ever truly be using it but good to know engine will have some protection as well as a good excuse to change the pickup and oil Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  7. vwbassett

I went "big" today and finally found the new rear wiper to fit the fabia estate wiper arm. Bosch A350H if anyone is interested and took all of 10 seconds to fit, that's my kind of job! Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  8. vwbassett

Rear Handling

Seems pretty likely bushes but surely worth getting it up in the air and going underneath first to check for play with a crowbar. Then check the wheels haven't got any play side to side and top to bottom incase it's bearings or something. Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  9. vwbassett

Black does look awesome when its freshly cleaned up. Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  10. vwbassett

Thai's grey mk1 Cupra R

Top work on the recent upgrades. Sounds challenging that the suppliers can't get the brake lines right. For a very brief moment before I read the text I thought you had it all together rolling again until I read the text of the new car. What's the plan for it? if its a breaker I would be...
  11. vwbassett

What do you think of this?

I bought mine last year 62k and other than a detail and a wheel refurb its at that level but 7.5k cheaper Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  12. vwbassett

Show your interior mods

Haha 100% I had the indicator stalks covered in human slime when I bought it. I'll give the electrical cleaner a go. Cheers Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  13. vwbassett

Show your interior mods

Cheers I've got some loose screws it seems, same cupholder issue aswell as the previous owner making the buttons rather sticky i want to clean out Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  14. vwbassett

Show your interior mods

Always wondered how this part is removed if you wouldn't mind a brief write up? Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  15. vwbassett

Bonnet cable clips

Seriously stupid question but does anyone know the part number or have a link to the clips that hold the bonnet cable to the wing? Mine are toast and whilst you would think you dont need them mine definitely rattles around quite noisily under any turning. Adam Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
  16. vwbassett

I was hoping the same but it was a pain to get enough downwards movement to get the old unit out with the driveshaft bottoming out on the subframe. Either that or rust as the old one went all the way down apart from the last 3mm and then wouldn't budge down or back out for ages! If I ever do a...
  17. vwbassett

Guess what part of the leon I was working on this morning. What a ball ache this job is Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members