Search results

1. edmong

Most likely source of the squeaks from the front suspension ?

Thanks for the reply Martin. It's not door seals, definitely front suspension. I greased the new top mounts before they went back in. I'll take another look tomorrow
  2. edmong

Creaking, Metal on Metal Suspension Noise while Turning Steering

I've got a 2014 Leon FR 184. I've owned it for a year and over the last 6 months I've had some knocks and creaks from the front suspension. Did a few checks and decided to replace the front lower arms with the Super Pro bushes ones from Awesome which stopped the knocking. The creaking while...
  3. edmong

So, I've replaced the lower arms with the ones from Awesome GTI and the Super Pro bushes. This sorted the knock out. I still had the creaking when turning the steering wheel so I did the top mounts and put ECS ones in with new bearings. I still have the creaking when turning! It's almost like...
  4. edmong

Morning all. My 2014 FR 184 has started getting really bad now. Are the best options just to poly bush it all? I think mine is top mounts and dry lower arms but I could be wrong. It's getting worse though so I need to do something.
  5. edmong

MK II focus RS Injectors

Anyone?
  6. edmong

MK II focus RS Injectors

Hi peeps, Does anyone know if the above 440cc injectors will fit the 1.8T? Any guidance appreciated!
  7. edmong

Cupra Koni Street Kit

I've fitted Powerflex top mounts a couple years ago. Are your H&R the 35mm drop springs?
  8. edmong

Cupra Koni Street Kit

Evening peeps, We fitted the above package a few weeks ago with H&R 35mm springs. Now, its looking like its not dropped at all over standard and am looking for a side on view picture of the same car with 17" alloys? Just to compare really. I've searched already and the only picture I could...
  9. edmong

Door locking mechanism

Did mine yesterday. Bought one from TPS as needed it straight away. Think it was £100 though : (
  10. edmong

Reverse Gear Lost

Update: Couldn't get reverse from directly on top of the box. Stripped the box down and could easily move the forks into reverse. The reverse and 5th/6th gear forks are slightly damaged so have put it down to the selector shaft. Ordered one from TPS who tell me that its got to come in...
  11. edmong

Reverse Gear Lost

My first post says that I have done the reset already :) Box is coming out tonight so I can take a look internally.
  12. edmong

Reverse Gear Lost

That's what I thought initially. I'll take a look under the heat shield tomorrow on the ramp
  13. edmong

Reverse Gear Lost

Hi peeps, Engine - AUQ Gearbox - FML MY - 2002 Mileage - 60k Over the last couple of months I've been finding it hard to select reverse gear in my wife's LC. She said it was me :p Anyway, Saturday night I could not select reverse at all and 5th and 6th where very unusual too. Sunday...
  14. edmong

a little help needed with my friends 2000 tt 225

Sounds like coil packs to me. You may want to try disconnecting the MAF and going for a spin and seeing if it makes a difference. If it does then a new MAF is required.
  15. edmong

vagcom to determine bhp

You can use vagcom VCDS to check Torque in Nm's then convert to BHP, this only works with petrol's though. You need to log block 120. Start in 3rd gear, low down the revs all the way to redline. You may want to log block 115. This is requested and actual boost via the MAP sensor. If you...
  16. edmong

Chip or map!?

Have you had a look on DNA Tunings website? They're based down in Alcester so not far from you. Awesome software, one of the best imo. I have had REVO, Custom Code and APR (no longer in the UK) but have found that nothing comes close to DNA
  17. edmong

Chip or map!?

Remap :D Boxes are ok but with the new changes coming into force regarding MOT's and 'illegal chipping', you will have to either hide the box behind something or remove it when your car is due its MOT. There a quite a few reputable tuning companies out there now and you should pick wisely...
  18. edmong

Remapping

DNA Tuning, say Gareth Edmonds sent you. Might give you a discount ;)
  19. edmong

Remapping

Alcester is only another 63miles up the road from Bristol. I dont know anyone in Bristol or Cardiff worth mentioning, sorry buddy!
  20. edmong

Remapping

How about Alcester? It'll be worth the trip, you'll be smiling from ear to ear :D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members