Search results

1. Tom.

Tom.'s Darkside Developments big turbo'd Ibiza TDI

So done a massive U-turn with this over the last week, and decided to break it for parts. Too much time/money required, and they are thigs I don't have enough spare of at the minute. Drop me a PM if your interested in any of the parts.
  2. Tom.

Not to the same extent. I'm keeping the dashboard in, as I think it looks an awful lot better with it there. Likely end up caging it too.
  3. Tom.

So a year has passed, and the Ibiza has sat in my parents driveway since I parked it up after lifting the head last July. Then last week I found the motivation I needed to crack on and get back into this project. The plan is to generally tidy things up, lose a few bits, add a few new...
  4. Tom.

No updates on the Ibiza as of yet. Been busy sorting things with the house, and also tinkering with the daily. Few up to date pictures of the Jetta to give an old thread a bump. IMG_3399 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr Tomjetta-3 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr IMG_3513 by Tom.Walton1, on Flickr
  5. Tom.

PD130 2003 Ibiza sport, no smoke...

Colder temperatures at this time of year equal better combustion. Better combustion equals more efficient burn. This in turn equals less smoke. So basically your car is less smokey because of the colder weather :)
  6. Tom.

Can get it much cheaper than that! I havent even paid half that, and I've got digital management, twin compressors ect. Great to hear mate :) Best of luck going forward with it!
  7. Tom.

Gone for Airlift V2, with slam bags, twin Viair 380cc compressors, 5gal stubby tank, and a bit of a showy but practical boot build. Get it done Adam! Thanks mate. It went even better with the shorter ratio box I fitted just before taking it off the road. Looking forward to getting the...
  8. Tom.

Not really no. Been sat on my parents driveway since Inters last year. Since it last made an appearance, Ive bought my first house and been playing about with my daily driver, and just not had time/funds/motivation to fix the few niggles with the Ibiza. Heres a couple of pictures from my Jetta...
  9. Tom.

Help Urgent! MANIFOLD!

Milltek dont make manifolds for the PD's :/ I'm running a Darkside manifold with a GTB2260 too. Power is estimated at 280bhp+
  10. Tom.

a new diesel tuning company

Yeah, clocking is rotating the compressor housing. Easy to do. 6 small set screws on the back face of the housing, slacken them, rotate to desired position, tighten. Job done.
  11. Tom.

Aftermarket wings?

Bit of a late reply, but if your still after some...... http://www.ebay.de/itm/GFK-Kotflugel-Seat-Ibiza-6L-NEUWARE-/190621830234?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2c61f24c5a#ht_685wt_922 When it comes to finding obscure parts, youve got to think outside the box (or border in this case).
  12. Tom.

aBhardwaj1990's daily, Laura the Bora.....Runner up at Inters, pics on page 62

He Hadnt given it any attention and was looking a little sorry for itself.
  13. Tom.

aBhardwaj1990's daily, Laura the Bora.....Runner up at Inters, pics on page 62

His car hadn't had any love or attention until last week. He got it back to how it should be and took it to players, killed it, standard.
  14. Tom.

mk1 golf caddy/homemade 24v v6 4wd turbo

If you went for a GTB2260vk on a tubular mani, 300bhp is achievable with the right injectors. Problem being finding said injectors, as nobody has really done much with the PPD engines yet. The siemens management/injection is a pig to work with.
  15. Tom.

mk1 golf caddy/homemade 24v v6 4wd turbo

Ooo PPD170 engine? Sticking with the stock turbo?
  16. Tom.

Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Very similar spec to mine. Guess your running standard valves? You on a cut and shut cast mani or tubular? I was going to use a Newman cam in my engine build but upon recieving it sent it straight back, as the quality of the work was terrible. Still had burrs on the edge of the lobes! What...
  17. Tom.

Nice one Scott. Done anything to it yet? I'll take you out in it if your ever at any shows or meets. You'll want one even more then ;)
  18. Tom.

So I got this through the post the other day. Turns out despite my dissapointment with my times at inters, I still managed to win the diesel class on the Saturday, and came 4th on the sunday, to a Q7 V12TDI (2 drivers) and a very quick haldex mk2 Golf running a hybrid turbo and lots of nitrous...
  19. Tom.

Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Interested to see the spec on this. Imagine it to be similar to mine, bar I didnt bore mine to 2.0l You done any head work or fitted a cam?
  20. Tom.

Cone Filter or Panel Filter

How many cone filters have you tried on your car seatman? I'm gonna assume none. Vroomtshh ran logs back to back panel filter and cone. The Only difference was the amount of flow. The cone filter increased the g/s, so is actually beneficial.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.