Search results

1. Altea how long have you had yours and are you pleased?

another thing - stupid rear lights blowing constantly.....
  2. Altea how long have you had yours and are you pleased?

fell out of love with mine. Had it about 5 years now, ready for a change. Love the fuel economy & driving it in a straight line, plus cabin & boot space are great (1.9tdi). But that's it. Can't see anything when trying to reverse, or corner. Pants in the snow, slides all over the place. Stupid...
  3. change front coil springs

I started to look at this - jacked car up, found I'd not got a large enough star bolt to undo the bottom strut bolt, got the face on when I realised it'd be more complicated than I thought (fed up with car costing me money) so told our lass "can't be ar53d, let the garage fix it". Boy, should I...
  4. change front coil springs

is it a simple job to change the front coil springs on an Altea (2005 1.9 TDi). Had one replaced under warranty last year, but now the other's gone. Done it on my wife's Scenic & my old Beezer, so think I have the tools necessary - will I find any surprises? No special tools needed? cheers
  5. best place to buy brake discs?

hi folks, I need new discs & pads for my 1.9tdi Altea, 05 plate. Cheap is nice, but I don't want rubbish - anyone recommend where to buy from? ta
  6. Average MPG

got an 05 plate 1.9tdi Altea, computer tells me 51mpg, when I work it out (how much put in tank against miles driven etc) I get 41mpg. Very dissapointed - sold my S plate 2.0 Ibiza Cupra to get something much more economical - was getting 35mpg in that, with added bonus of a smile every...
  7. dash light for front fogs?

Should my '05 plate Stylance have a light appear on the dash when I turn my front fogs on? Does it when the rear one's on....
  8. how do I change the clock?

now clocks have gone back an hour, I need to change mine but have no idea how?
  9. My new kiwi gti..New Wheels Fitted Today :-)

wow, didn't realise she was famous! Yeh look forward to seeing more pics Nick. Still not loving my Altea as much as I did Brenda but the kids fit in the back better!
  10. My new kiwi gti..New Wheels Fitted Today :-)

sob, tear in my eye reading this......still wearing black
  11. Altea - To be, or not to be?...

i love mine, but have to admit i find the position of my knee against the dash is a little uncomfortable (no matter how many times I move the seat), also i find it awkward reversing/seeing out the back - high seat backs and high parcel shelf I feel. Apart form that - spot on family car - kids...
  12. tiny tap-tap from climate control

I've just started to notice a very quiet 'tap-tap-tapping' noise when I have the fan/heater blowing. Anyone else had this & know what it is? Don't fancy pulling the dash apart if it's nothing to worry about.....
  13. Laying up the MK2

i'm sure someone told me once to plug exhaust pipe with a rag, prevents condensation creeping up.....might be wrong tho?
  14. Exhaust trim

any pics? seen some exhaust trims on other cars & some really do look pants....but for £6, I might get the wallet out
  15. wipers keep pausing

blimey that's clever! It was whilst I was on the motorway & travelling at 69.5mph :whistle:
  16. wipers keep pausing

noticed it a couple of times now. When I have the wipers on intermittent, when they reach the bottom of the down sweep, they sometimes pause for a couple of seconds before sweeping back up. Anyone else had this problem & know how to stop it?
  17. Clutch pedal bracket

i bought the bracket & a new clutch cable from the dealer (just over £100 total) and had my garage do it - they charged me £250 ish.
  18. buyers guide help? creaking clutch!?

mine creaked for a short while, but then it stopped creaking......because the pedal box snapped
  19. a quick hi hello how are ya! buyers guide?

think white's supposed to be uncommon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.