Search results

1. IanG

Clutch peddle vibrating?

The cornering fog lights can be deactivated if you have got access to or know someone that has VAG-Com
  2. IanG

Seat Leon FR tdi turbo noise

I had the same noise on mine and it's normal I asked the Seat garage when mine was in for service and apparently it's some sort of release valve on the Diesel Pump/Common Rail They even let me take a brand new car out and it made the same sound
  3. IanG

recomended head bulbs

Higher power bulbs tend not to last as long as normal bulbs so it's not uncommon for them go after only 12 months
  4. IanG

help with headlights please!!

Could have sworn they weren't before you edited your post ;)
  5. IanG

I'm not what daza has linked are CANBUS compatible so you'd better make sure before you buy them otherwise you could get a bulb error. You might be better off with something like these...
  6. IanG

I would avoid the 100w bulbs as they might fry your wiring and damage the headlight Stick to a bulb like Philips Xtreme, Osram Nightbreaker Plus or Ring Xenon Max 100%
  7. IanG

recomended head bulbs

Well if you believe what Auto Express say they reckon the new Osram Nightbreaker Plus is the pick of the bulbs available. I had the Ring Xenon Max 100% in until a couple of weeks ago when one of them went and now I've swapped to a spare set of Philips X-Treme +80% and they are a decent bulb...
  8. IanG

Fan keeps running after engine switched off?!?

They are turning lights and are becoming more common now You should be able to turn these off if you have access to VAG-Com
  9. IanG

Cheapest place for new Cupra R?

SG Petch in Durham had a speed blue Cupra R in the showroom when I was in there this afternoon Didn't pay any attention to the price though :rolleyes:
  10. IanG

New Leon MP3 Incompatibility on ALL FR 2009> models.

Finally sorted today :D I was originally booked in to have it done last week but couldn't get to the garage due to the snow. If you have the same issue it's definitely the CUP interface that need replacing not anything else like the multimedia controller etc.
  11. IanG

tyre help

If they are Kumho KU31 then they are a pretty decent tyre my mate has them on his A3 and swears by them. I had the Dunlop Sport Maxx fitted to mine from factory and didn't like them at all the fronts wore out at 13500 miles. Grip was average IMO although they do have decent rim protection...
  12. IanG

MK2 Leon - Very poor in snow

I've had them on mine and yes they are hopeless in the snow
  13. IanG

Mk2's in the snow

Only one I've got from Monday
  14. IanG

Replacing the foglamp bulbs on a Facelift Mk2 FR

Can't quite remember but I had the same issue as you did and then figured it out just by looking at the foglamp housing from straight on. First time I did it even realised that the manual was wrong when it said the Fog lights were H3 and found out that they were actually HB4 so then had to go...
  15. IanG

Replacing the foglamp bulbs on a Facelift Mk2 FR

You just need to push in part of the clip that holds the foglight in place (I used a screwdriver) on the bumper then twist and it comes out easy. Sorry don't have any pics but it is easy to change the bulbs
  16. IanG

Tyres for FR FLift

I've got the 18's on my FL FR and mine came with Dunlop Sport Maxx Now using Hankook V12 Evo which are holding up pretty well and aren't wearing as quick as the Dunlops and have good performance in the wet and dry
  17. IanG

iphone 4 playing music

Excellent thanks for the update seems like my dealer is being a bit economical with the truth then!
  18. IanG

iphone 4 playing music

If you don't mind me asking when did you get the fix done as my dealer is claiming that the parts are on back order and they claim the order for the unit was placed on 12th November
  19. IanG

Spoken to the dealer again today and parts are still on back order and they can't even give any assurance when might be available! If anyone has any joy with their dealers can they please update the thread. For me its not just the CUP interface they also need to replace the centre console...
  20. IanG

Good luck getting it fixed hope you have better luck than i've had so far Parts still on back-order
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise