Search results

1. Altea XL and Freetrack folding boot floor

Seat Altea XL and Freetrack folding boot loading floor . Never used this, so although used it's in excellent condition, just been sat in a dry garage for a few years. Comes with the divider . This gives the Altea XL or Altea Freetrack a level boot floor when back seats are folded down, making it...
  2. Stereo fitting

This is listed in the Parts for Sale area, but if no interest I will be splitting up and ebay-ing it next couple of days. Would be a shame to split it up but hey ho.
  3. Stereo fitting

My whole ICE install is now up for sale. It is time to say goodbye to the Altea XL, trading it in, but removed it all. Pioneer X3500DAB head unit, cage, harness + connects2 harness for steering wheel controls - modified to accommodate power and mute control to the included GPS module + Igo...
  4. Stereo fitting

well, its been a while but the car is still going strong, and the pioneer avh-x3500 dab has been brilliant for the last year, no troubles at all. So time then for a further upgrade - gps! Not wanting to pay the ridiculous £350 for the official pioneer GPS add on unit (they are having a laugh!) I...
  5. Stereo fitting

loving the carpet! - good stuff
  6. Boot catch return spring?

I've found this thread on the Ibiza forum: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312747 I think Altea will be largely the same - i.e. remove boot interior panel to get to the latch and then spray some WD40 onto the relevent bits of the mechanism, and check everything is operational
  7. Boot catch return spring?

Nope, not yet. Will try and look at it soon!
  8. Stereo fitting

First the aux cable mod - If you only have rear aux socket on your new radio, and you still want to use the aux input in the centre consul just behind the cup holders, this can be achieved by making an adapter cable. After removal of original stereo, take a look at the big block quadlock...
  9. Stereo fitting

Feeling it already :D Couple of quick pics of mine - am going to write bit more comprehensive guide later
  10. Stereo fitting

Right - I've made my own aux cable, badly soldered, but works and is crackle free! - clips have arrived, so I'll put it together tonight and take a few pics
  11. DPF disaster......arrrghhh.....

Good news - garage have managed a forced regen - car back to normal..........for now...... Think I might now invest in vcds ;-)
  12. DPF disaster......arrrghhh.....

Car is going to garage on Monday now, to see what can be done. In the meantime I've been looking for somewhere in the southeast to do DPF delete. Have found a company called VRT (volkswagenrepairsandtuning.co.uk) in Slough who say they can do it. Anybody got any experience of these guys? or can...
  13. DPF disaster......arrrghhh.....

Thanks - good point I'd forgotten about that. I know a guy here with at a garage with vcds, so I'll talk to him!
  14. DPF disaster......arrrghhh.....

So the Mrs decided today to drive all day with the dpf light on, and consequently the coil light is now flashing, car in limp mode. I've just taken it for a long motorway run in 4th at 60mph and it isn't clearing as per usual. I've connected up my code reader which gives fault "P2002 Powertrain...
  15. Stereo fitting

I take it we're going to hear you coming now :D
  16. Stereo fitting

gonna have to make my own cable for this - rs components sell the connector I'm after. anyone else want one whilst I'm about it?
  17. Stereo fitting

Hopefully people are still reading this ;-) - I want to use the original aux socket in front of cup holders with the new radio. In order to do this I think a need a cable with a 3.5mm jack on one end which plus into rear of new radio, and a 12 pin plug on the other, which will connect with the...
  18. Stereo fitting

light has gone out with a quick rev of the engine, probably got upset when I reconnected the battery.
  19. Stereo fitting

One more thing - I've upset the car doing this and now have orange steering warning light on dash - will do a search to see how best to rectify that, unless anyone has an idea ;-)
  20. Stereo fitting

Ok, first too off pillar trim and fed wires down the hole Then pulled them forwards and routed past the fuse box (will cable tie up properly once head unit is installed) Attached to a knitting needle with selotape (very technical that) push wires into hole behind and into radio...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members