Search results

1. OFI

Alana Radio Problems

Small bump.. Just bought a 2003 and the HU is in SAFE mode. Guy who sold it said it was working fine until he disconnected the battery to work on it the other day. There is a security code in the front of the booklet but having waited an hour and then entering it and pressing SCAN it just...
  2. OFI

Aux In Alana Headunit

Thanks for the answers, just ordered this one for my CD6 unit. eBay: 270675905991 Fingers crossed.
  3. OFI

IBIZA 1.9 TDI dualmass or single flywheel?

When my Leon broke it was highly suspected my slave cylinder was at fault. No garage would touch it without doing the clutch and they wouldn't do the clutch without doing the DMF. I couldn't do the work myself and the quotes I was getting to do the work meant I ended up selling the car for...
  4. OFI

Thanks for the reply. In that case I think I might look elsewhere! Worrying about a car that has done 80k in this day and age is just not right, that's a design fault. I appreciate remapped ones will kill those components quicker but i'm seeing unmodified ones having the same issues.
  5. OFI

I'd like to not have to fit a SMF if possible, I don't want to do the clutch at all. Looking further last night on AutoTrader it is quite worrying to see an Ibiza TDI Sport with <95k on it with a new turbo fitted and requiring a clutch and DMF.
  6. OFI

Sorry to bump such an old thread but it seems better than making a new one :P Firstly this thread has given me an answer I was looking for. All the MK3/MK4 1.9TDIs have the DMF then :( My question is, are they as worthless as the ones fitted to the 1.8T? I feel like i've just given away my...
  7. OFI

Clutch / Gearbox Removal - Haynes Manual?

Thanks i'll see if I can borrow a copy of that then. I'm not sure but I think the early Golfs only had the 5-speed. I've checked it over and over and the 02m isn't in there.
  8. OFI

Clutch / Gearbox Removal - Haynes Manual?

I'm currently planning to have my clutch changed at home and have had a flick through my Haynes Manual and it doesn't appear to cover the gearbox I think is fitted to the Leon Cupra. Am I right in thinking it has the 02m (6 Speed)? My 'VW Golf & Bora April 1998 to 2000' (Green Book) only...
  9. OFI

clutch slipping..but only in 6th?

Thanks for that, that's very good to know.
  10. OFI

clutch slipping..but only in 6th?

For a Leon Cupra 2001 could anyone point me towards the LUK/GSF replacement parts that i've seen mentioned in other threads? (part numbers?) I've looked on EuroCarParts and GSF and I can't be sure i'm seeing the right parts (DMF is £330+ on ECP) as people have been saying lower prices...
  11. OFI

15" winter wheels advice wanted

Small bump but it's probably useful to bring this back to the top anyway. Hugeley disappointing that the minimum size is 16" :( Are there any cars running 16" steel wheels that would fit (don't know what the non sport models use) and do they have a slimmer width? 16" tyres are not the...
  12. OFI

installing 5v usb port in car for charging

Before you go spending £20 on one of those Belkins I got mine on Ebay still in the packet from some sort of Belkin reseller for about £6 I was going to mount a usb port in one of the spare buttons in the centre console, I think it's the far right one of the rear screen heater buttons. I too...
  13. OFI

arb fitting guide?

Thought i'd just bump this one.. My car is currently horribly knocking, i'm told this is very likely to be the front ARB and reading on here it does seem likely. I'm quite paranoid about having work done in garages but what sort of cost should I expect to pay to have the bushes replaced...
  14. OFI

Replacing Lower Suspension Arm

Well searching for a thread I came across my own thread for last time! It's that time again and now the drivers side one has gone. I can't seem to find the arm on EuroCarParts or GSF. I've booked it into a garage to have it done on Wednesday but they could only quote me for the labour right...
  15. OFI

Difficulty Retracting Rear Brake Calliper Piston

Well after much swearing and pushing the whole piston back out again it seems I must have pushed it out too far in the first place and it just wasn't grabbing the thread! It's all back together now but apparently I don't know the first thing about bleeding my brakes as I had to revert to...
  16. OFI

Difficulty Retracting Rear Brake Calliper Piston

Been trying to do this for far too long now but I cannot get the brake piston to go back in. I have a brake piston tool and it is positioned almost like this: Except the piston is out too far so I am unable to slot the plate into place. I have tried just pushing it in anyway and...
  17. OFI

Cruise Control retrofit

There must be somewhere to get this cheaper than £80 surely? VAG Parts used to do the whole kit for around £55... (yea I realise I am comparing prices to a company who went out of business...!)
  18. OFI

Fitted Ds2500 not so great, poss need Brake Fluid change?

What is the recomended life on brake fluid, I think I read 2 years for normal road use right? I think mine might be well overdue as i've had the car a little over two years..
  19. OFI

Spring snapped

Had my driver side front snap last year. I paid about £180 to have both front springs replaced with direct replacements. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to drive round here with it lowered.
  20. OFI

Urgent help required

I don't understand why a pot hole would have anything to do with these faults.. A nicked tyre, bent wheel, damaged suspension arm maybe.. Yea your cambelt is well past due as mine was! Almost 2 years out and also by suggested mileage. Good luck claiming from the council. A friend wrote a...