Search results

1. help, all wiindows open and won't go up

does anyone know if i unplug the window regulators will i still be able to lock the car manually. ie using the key on the drivers door and the snibs on the other 3? I cannot think of another way of stopping my windows from going down.
  2. help, all wiindows open and won't go up

the remote key no longer works after the mechanic took the relay out of the ECU last week. the doors now have to be opened manually. Plus the fact the remote never worked from further than 3m away.
  3. help, all wiindows open and won't go up

ok scrap that fixed idea. windows are now going down themselves all the time. ive disconnected the battery for the moment as im in work. it sounds like there is a random clicking sound coming from the front passenger door. i had the car washed on saturday as i was trading it in. Agreed to buy a...
  4. help, all wiindows open and won't go up

Problem solved. A friend told me to put the key in the drivers door and turn it to lock but hold it there.... and all the windows went up. :) Sent from my VS TOUCHTAB 8DC using Tapatalk HD
  5. help, all wiindows open and won't go up

last week my toledo began to open the windows and unlock itself which turned into constantly trying to lock while i was driving but all the indicators flashing as if pressing the lock key. i was about to trade the car in so a local garage took the relay out of the ECU which stopped the...
  6. slow v5

i spent ages looking for a solution to my cars poor starting. Eventually i gave up and just give it a bit of gas when cold.
  7. Alternator Belt - Toledo V5 20v

thanks. means only 1 trip to B&Q. :)
  8. Alternator Belt - Toledo V5 20v

does anyone know where i can get the bolt that loosens the tensioner or what size of bolt is is? My belt is gradually squeaking more and more so i'm going to see if a new belt will stop it.
  9. Alternator Belt - Toledo V5 20v

here is the pic. The circled part is the indicators i mentioned above.
  10. Alternator Belt - Toledo V5 20v

Thought i'd tag onto this thread as i have the same car. See the tensioner pictured above, it it normal for it to move slightly when the engine is running? There are 3 lines on the top of one part the tensioner and a line that points to them (poor description i knowi'll take a photo if i get...
  11. Seized Brake calliper

a wee update, Dave was about £20 cheaper than europarts once you took into account the April 25% discount code on the europarts website. But Europarts also have a £54 refund after that once you take in the old caliper. I also called up my local national tyres, it was £290 to get the caliper and...
  12. Seized Brake calliper

went one europarts and searched for 2001 cupra. if one of you wouldn't mind looking, assume these are correct? Rear discs pads Caliper
  13. Seized Brake calliper

unfortunately this has became kinda urgent. The sort of sound you hear when your brakes have rusted started coming from it yesterday. I had a look and my novice eyes didn't notice anything, then i looked at the other side and realised there is no actual pad part left. DOH! Serves me right for...
  14. Seized Brake calliper

hmmm, that's not so good. looking on ebay there is this; 2.3 toledo caliper but then it says piston diameter 41mm and you say Elsawin says its 38mm....
  15. Seized Brake calliper

I wonder if anyone could help me. Since owning th ecar i've had an on and off seized sear side rear brake calliper. I didnt get it fixed at first because i had an engine starting problem and i wanted to get that sorted before paying the £180 the garage wanted for the part. It has been fine with...
  16. Windscreen shared with other models?

if you don't mind me asking, how much will it cost to get the car shipped to NZ?
  17. The V5 Tyre Thread

Personally i need to buy 2 new front tyres now. TBH i'd probably be as well getting 4 but that is rather costly. So the 2 rears may need to wait for a month or 2. Unless anyone knows of any deals? I've been looking on tyre shopper and these BRIDGESTONE T001 @ £77.90 fitted caught my eye. Mainly...
  18. The V5 Tyre Thread

I've had a quick look in this forum and there doesn't seem to be a thread involving peoples experiences with different tyres. So i thought i'd create one. As per my previous thread, it seems searching by car registration on tyre website brings up the wrong size. the correct sizes being...
  19. V5 first drive, holy smoke!

i could be doing with new tyres. But as i'm stingy i'm getting every bit of rubber out of them. They are still legal mind you. One front down to about 2mm the other 3mm.
  20. Anyone with Torque (android) and a V5?

i've just ordered one of those bluetooth OBD2 thingys so i'll add my figures when it arrives/when i get a chance on that "private road".
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise