Search results

1. jumpinjackflash

Does anyone know what this light means?

I was going out and it cleared when o stopped. I'm just about to give the car a wash so will be sure to clean the sensors. Thanks for your advice.
  2. jumpinjackflash

Thanks. I should have been more specific. It's the light between the P and 8 on the right hand side. Your shout of BLS/Side Assist is a good one but I couldn't find anything like this light in the Owners Manual.
  3. jumpinjackflash

4. jumpinjackflash

Mk3 Questions

Thanks a lot guys. @scrich7, I'm guessing the tags on your keys are similar to the ones I have on my current keys. The salesman has already told me they'll be a new set of mats in it when I pick it up.
  5. jumpinjackflash

Mk3 Questions

I bought a Mk3 at the weekend, this will be my 3rd Leon. I have some questions that I will ask the dealer but wanted to know what to expect by asking you guys and girls first. If the car has alloys that it will have locking wheel nuts or should I confirm? Is the Emergency Tyre Repair Kit...
  6. jumpinjackflash

Missing torx screws

As it turned out, the occasional rattling noise was because the radiator hadn't been fitted properly and on top of that neither had the bumper. And they broke the front grill. I got the local mechanic who normally looks after my car to check things out and he confirmed my fears. I've been back...
  7. jumpinjackflash

Missing torx screws

Hi, I've just got my car back from the dealers after having the radiator replaced. All done under warranty so good news there. After driving home I noticed an occasional noise coming from the front passenger side. Further inspection showed that one torx screw is missing on each side. The...
  8. jumpinjackflash

MP3 CD Player

Make sure the disc isn't using Multisession and IIRC it should use ISO 9660 + Joliet with 8+3 filenames.
  9. jumpinjackflash

MPG 2.0tdi Leon 140bhp

With my last Leon, a 56 plate pd140, I got about 45mpg almost constantly from when I bought it with about 10k on the clock. It improved a bit about 40k to 47/48mpg until I changed it. I've now got a 60 plate pd140 that gets about 42mpg almost constantly, I guess the drop may be to do with it...
  10. jumpinjackflash

Some advice on possible oil leak

It's very possible that it is coming from somewhere else given that its so little. I know the mechanic at my local garage well enough that I can pop in and ask for 5 minutes of his time. I did this on Friday and he said that it could equally be coming from an oil filter that wasn't put on...
  11. jumpinjackflash

I should have mentioned that I did exactly that this morning. I used some wd40 on a rag to clean any obvious signs of oily dirt drove for about 10 miles or so and its re-appeared. It is quite literally a spot or two, the car isn't using any amount of oil to speak of.
  12. jumpinjackflash

I have a 60 plate 2.0 tdi pd 140. I bought it last september when it was almost exactly a year old. I was topping up the screen wash last weekend and notices some oil around the top of what I think is the EGR valve where it connects to the manifold (I think!). It's not alot, quite literally a...
  13. jumpinjackflash

Maintain SEAT history or move independant?

Until my last car I always had my car serviced at the main dealer while in warranty and have had mixed experiences when it comes to making a claim either in or out of warranty. With my last car, I used a local independent garage that me and my family have used for some years and completely...
  14. jumpinjackflash

Where is the EGR valve on my Leon?

I had the same problem with my 56 plate 2.0TDI 140 Ref Sport a few months ago. I was getting 3 fault codes via the diagnostics, the important one was P3103 but there are some more with the last digit changing that are potentially the same problem. After much reading, I found the part...
  15. jumpinjackflash

Alarm/Drivers door problems

Fortunately I got mine fixed under warrantly but Fusster's £200+VAT sounds similar to what the dealer told me it would cost for the Door Control Unit if I was paying.
  16. jumpinjackflash

Keyfob battery

I believe that if the battery has been dud for too long or the the battery is out of the key for too long it can lose its "coding". There is information in other posts that explain how to re-code the key. I think that the "coding" relates to the remote part only though and the key should...
  17. jumpinjackflash

Keyfob battery

I fixed this myself with the key for my 56 plate Leon only a couple of months ago. The battery you need is a CR2032, I paid £1 for 1 from a local motor factor store but you can get them cheaper. Here's a link to the guide I found. Goto www dot riskin dot org slash vwkey
  18. jumpinjackflash

Alarm/Drivers door problems

This sounds like exactly the same problem as I had with my 56 plate 2.0tdi Reference Sport. A couple of trips to the dealer later and it was fixed. The 1st time was diagnosis and the 2nd for the fix. It turned out to be a faulty door sensor in my case.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.