Search results

1. kenny_fr

Kenny's Mk5 Cupra - Coilovers and BBS fitted page 4***

Thanks mate. Tuning box has been great so far, mostly run it on setting 6 but sometimes up it to 7 for a change. I've had the car nearly 3 years and touch wood no issues yet, but its the same as any car I think take care of it, check the oil every now again, don't thrash it from start up and...
  2. kenny_fr

Mk5 coilovers ,Which ones???

Hi Stu It's really down to what your willing to spend and if you want lows or quality. I've had quite a few sets of springs / coilover setups now on different cars ranging from cheap FK's through to KW V1's and 2's. You'll find mixed reviews all over the forum but in my experience FK's were...
  3. kenny_fr

Nah ,not get them anymore. Binned them when I got the coilovers fitted as they were starting to look a bit done.
  4. kenny_fr

Thanks mate its getting there slowly although I cant decide whether to keep it and get air and an install to finish it off or sell up and start a new project. Decisions.:shrug:
  5. kenny_fr

Got the springs from DPM performance a while back. If I remember right KW have rebranded them as ST by KW but are only available as a 30mm kit which could be why you cant find them.
  6. kenny_fr

Ow not that mk5 Ibiza again.....

NUE's really suit this. Thought about a set for mine a while back but refurming my RC's worked out cheaper, wish I had just went for it now.
  7. kenny_fr

Thanks its getting there.
  8. kenny_fr

Well its been a while since I've updated this so here's some pics of the new look which was finished just in time for edition 38 at the weekend past. Only phone pics for the moment but some better pics will come soon. Plans next, who knows bigger brake set up, re-paint the tired looking bits...
  9. kenny_fr

Marks Mk5 Ibiza FR (2L 140cr)

Looks good Mark definitely getting there! As for the filter I recon you would be better with a panel filter on the diesel vw racing or green filters do a decent ones. The intercooler is quite straight forward I just used the guide on here to fit mine cost just over £100 at the time for a...
  10. kenny_fr

Yeh I'm alright just taking it easy. Plans sound good, so when do you think you'll get it all done then? Ha ha, Yeh chrome bulbs are the way forward, gets rid of the fried egg look. Just need brakes and my bbs wheels refurbished and I'm good for summer now. Might get a sub will see how...
  11. kenny_fr

Ah right, How's it going? You happy with how its sitting now then? The intercooler is a pretty easy job just takes ages to strip everything down and rebuild. Theres a decent guide which I used that turboboy put together in the mk5 section. If your planning on going stage 2 are you doing the...
  12. kenny_fr

Thanks. What did you go for then springs? Intercooler and pipework was from ebay. Theres a guide in the mk5 section of all the parts needed defo a must for the tsi engine.
  13. kenny_fr

Universal intercooler, the guide.

Forgot to post a pic of mine fitted so here it is.
  14. kenny_fr

Also added some new led registration plate lights, pressed plates and plate surrounds to finish things off. Next up get the standard wheels refurbished, finish polishing the summer wheels then maybe a sub of some description.
  15. kenny_fr

It's pretty good, really opens up the mid range and makes it feel like there's more torque.
  16. kenny_fr

Most of the pics are from when its was just lowered on KW 35mm springs but is on Ap coilovers now ill post better pics up in a bit.
  17. kenny_fr

Not updated this in a while, not much has happened to be fair but here's a couple of teasing pics Ap coilovers and a toyosports intercooler now fitted.
  18. kenny_fr

Agreed its easy to get off but not the easiest to put back on and align up with all the clips etc. So are you getting a replacement rad then? What are you doing to fix it, are you adding in a top bracket to fix onto the crash bar?
  19. kenny_fr

What made you check it? Mine was pretty tight when it was built back up with maybe a 5mm gap if your lucky. But there's no way I'm taking my bumper back off again, its a pig to get all aligned up. Id rather sell up, or let someone else do it as its been on and off about 8 times now trying to fit...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.