Search results

1. Third brake light is it a pain to change?

Hi Willie, is there a link for the guide? I can't find it, thanks.
  2. MAF, Coil or Throttle body

Hi guys, I'll proble give my TB a clean aswell, but I have a 1.8 20v non turbo engine, so is my throttle body just the bit after the maf?
  3. Cleaning Maf

Yeap there's two types of security torx, hexaganol, (6 sides) or pentagonal (5 sides), I think the MAF was 5 sided. Whilst using the correct bit, the bit broke and snapped off, so I just used mole grips to undo the screws, cleaned it, and revs settle down a bit better.
  4. Windscreen

Hi guys, just took measurements, the gap is exactly 1cm, or 3/8 of an inch. The fitter said it should be 1/4 of an inch gap, so he's close, only 1/8 of an inch out, I think that 1/8 of an inch would make my vin more visible ( I can read all of the digits looking up at it from an angle but not as...
  5. Windscreen

Thanks for the reply guys, I'll take some measurements of the exact distance tomorrow, and call up the company again. Is there any harm in the windscreen lying a bit low? It really was a b*itch to get the old one out it wouldn't budge at all, even I tried pulling the cutter as I'm bigger than...
  6. Windscreen

You can still make out the Vin, the screen slightly covers the top of most of the characters but they are easy to see if u look at it from the right angle. I know that the old screen made it blatently obvious to read the VIN, but it doesn't seem to be doing any harm. And as for the fitter I have...
  7. Windscreen

Here's the pictures http://rapidshare.com/files/260677719/photo_2_.jpg http://rapidshare.com/files/260677900/photo.jpg
  8. Windscreen

Thanks guys, I spoke to his boss, he said the screen should always be 1/4" away from the top, which it is, its about 1/3 of an inch away infact. Seems like Seat fit screens really close to the top of the frame as standard for some reason which makes them impossible to take out conventionally...
  9. Windscreen

Just had my windscreen replaced as the old one's crack had almost reached the opposite side of the windscreen lol! The repairman had a NIGHTMARE getting the old one off, as it was apparently in too tight on one side such that he couldn't get a blade in there to cut away at the glue. In the end...
  10. Cleaning Maf

Yea cheers for that... but isn't it easier to take out just the actuall sensor not the housing aswell (which has been done in the guide).... the only problem is it seems to be held in by screws with a strange head... they aren't torx philips or flat head; any ideas?
  11. Audi A3 Wheels on mk1 leon ?

Old shape is fine
  12. Audi A3 Wheels on mk1 leon ?

If theyre the new shape a3 then no, if its the old shape then yes as they are both 5x100 stud pattern
  13. Cleaning Maf

Hi Guys, How do I clean my MAF sensor?
  14. WHITE LED bulbs

LOL EL, those I have as aswell, they are blue aswell. Thanks anway. Seems as though LEDS and Xenons bulb retailers are infecting each other with colour blidness. In fairness, LED in xenon white looks ok!
  15. WHITE LED bulbs

I just changed all the bulbs in the car to LED bulbs... can't recommend doing this enough. Halogen bulbs are a joke! I didn't get pure white bulbs, but xenon white, (actually blue) which looks fine as the leon is blue! lol
  16. WHITE LED bulbs

thanks but those are xenon white aswell lol!
  17. WHITE LED bulbs

Where can I get pure white, not "xenon white" LED bulbs? (2x 501 bulbs for map lights, 42mm festoon central light, 36mm festoon glovebox and 42mm boot bulb) Reason I ask is I ordered two xenon white bulbs from ebay and they are too blue for my liking, jus wanted pure bright and brilliant...
  18. Power Steering

Hi, just wondering, do I check the power steering fluid with the ignition on or off? I checked the level with nothing on and it seems fine, but steering is making whining noises on full lock. A friend says my steering is heavy compared to his audi. Thanks.
  19. Cracked Windscreen

116 fitted, allthough its not genuine seat glass best price so far
  20. Cracked Windscreen

Cheers guys, I called one company they said 150 fitted. Will cary on calling round to get it cheaper; and hopefully get it changed this week. Does a genuine windscreen have any advantage over a normall tinted windscreen which I'll probably fit? (apart from saying Seat on it lol!)