Search results

1. g60stu

Genuine VW AUDI ŠKODA SEAT fuel vapour purge valve 06J133781CE

Genuine part. Brand new. I bought this to fit to my 2011 Škoda Octavia 2 vRS petrol but have since sold the car and the part was never fitted. Please check that this part number fits your car before purchase. It should fit various mk2 Leons with 2.0 petrol engine.
  2. g60stu

Coolant expansion tank for Mk2 Leon (Mahle CRT 19 000S)

This is a brand new Mahle CRT 19 000S coolant expansion tank. It was due to be fitted to my Mk2 Octavia vRS 2.0 petrol, but I sold that car. It fits the Mk2 Leon so am selling it here. You can look it up on the Mahle Online parts catalog and it fits SEAT LEON (1P1) 2.0 Cupra R (09.2009 -...
  3. g60stu

what have you done to your car today ?

Sorry to see you’ve sold it. But glad you have another one to focus your time on.
  4. g60stu

Fitted a new coolant expansion tank. Nice easy job and looks so much better. Used a bike bleed kit to empty the reservoir.
  5. g60stu

Removing MK1 nearside rear passenger window - but nothing else.

Great. That’s what I wanted to hear. I have a triple square bit from when I did the front driver side lock many years ago so I think I have enough to do this job now. Just wanted to be sure given how everyone states what a PITA the rears are.
  6. g60stu

Didn’t get an answer to my last question… can anyone help? TIA I watched the video in another thread. In the latter half of the video it shows the glass "frame" being removed and some vertical guard rail being removed - is all that necessary to replace the lock module??
  7. g60stu

Thanks for your reply. Jusy to confirm that there is only one peg and dowel (6N0839511) needed per rear window? (and any spares I need if I mess up) I watched the video in another thread. In the latter half of the video it shows the glass "frame" being removed and some vertical guard rail...
  8. g60stu

Yes, given it is only just February I will likely put this job off for as long as possible, but want to make sure I have all the parts needed to get the job done.
  9. g60stu

I removed my rear door card yesterday in preparation for changing the door look. It’s been intermittent for about a decade now and I know I’ve been pushing my luck. How many of those plastic plugs are required per door? What is the bit circled in the picture for?
  10. g60stu

Do you think it has been weakened by over tightening in the past? Get yourself a lottery ticket! Though I’ve been buying them for years and here i am still driving a mk1. 😂
  11. g60stu

While we’re waiting… I changed my crank sensor today. What a pain!! Lossened the bolt from the top of the bay but couldn’t get the sensor out. Jacked the car up. Swore at the undertray for a bit and spent 20mins trying to prize out the sensor from under the car. Finally got it out and replaced...
  12. g60stu

5 likes. You’ve set the bar very high!! :)
  13. g60stu

Where did you buy them from? I was looking last year but wasn’t sure who sold them.
  14. g60stu

My a/c got gassed last week and I put the car back together. All good. Went for first test drive yesterday and all good. Today I popped out and the car cut out at the traffic lights. Eventually it restarted, but I seem to have the classic EPC light on problem with the car hitting a wall if I rev...
  15. g60stu

More little bits done today. Replaced an old knackered disc brake screw with a new torx one. Replaced all the metal clips on the inner arch liners. This has been in the cards for several years!! Cleaned brembos and front wheels.
  16. g60stu

Oops! Removing bumper is essential I think.
  17. g60stu

Yes. Bonnet lock is quite straight forward. Two torx screws to remove the cover plate, then you can release the cable which is quite fiddly because it’s covered in filth and a bit blind. Then another torx screw and it’ll pop out. And one electrical connector.
  18. g60stu

Installed my new condenser and radiator. Slam panel is back on the car. A/C compressor installed and new o-rings on all the A/C lines. I even removed the bonnet lock and cleaned it up. My god they get filthy! I filled up the coolant and ran the car up to temperature. It took an age to get the...
  19. g60stu

Just realised my car is in pieces in the garage. Here are the RHD parts:
  20. g60stu

You should be able to find out on the Valeo website. I can tell you I bought lights a few years back. One of the numbers was 087482 (checked in my emails) so that doesn’t tally with you photo.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members