Search results

1. g60stu

A/C flush after compressor failure?

My air con has got worse over the past couple of years to a point that its now kicking out no cool at all. I had an air con guy round the other day and he tells me that the system has plenty of gas in it (not bad – its never been regassed EVER!). Now the bad news – he says the compressor is...
  2. g60stu

Brake light switch

Anyone installed a brake light switch recently? I’ve installed a couple over the past few years, but the light doesn’t come on unless you have reasonable weight on the pedal. Thats an issue in traffic where generally you only lightly touch the brakes. It got my thinking that I missed a step...
  3. g60stu

Brembo rebuild

Has anyone attempted a DIY brembo rebuild? I recently acquired a set from our favourite breaker with a view to stripping, painting rebuilding etc. The pads are out and I popped the pistons/seals out (using a bike pump!!!). All look good. I see a couple of blockers to me moving forwards with...
  4. g60stu

Suspension refresh - rear mounts and bump stops?

I've ordered a Bilstein B12 kit with Eibach pro springs. My front top mounts were replaced only 10k miles ago so I don't plan on replacing them when fitting the new kit, but my rear top strut mounts will be original. Anyone know if the LCR rear top mounts are any different (firmer) to the...
  5. g60stu

Headlamp replacement beam adjust

I’m replacing my headlamps and there is a difference between the new and old units. The original ones have what looks like an electronic unit for beam adjust. The new Valeo ones don’t. Any ideas if these are interchangeable?! At first glance they don’t look like it and I want to avoid breaking...
  6. g60stu

Where’s wally - cupranet edition!?!

My garage is a total mess. No chance of me getting the Cupra in it. It dawned on me that I have Cupra related bits and bobs all over the place, so I thought I’d take a photo. In a “where’s wally” kind of style, can you spot the 11 Cupra related items in the photo?? PM me your answers. I’ll post...
  7. g60stu

Badger 5 TIP fitting questions

So I removed the original TIP last night and this morning I started putting the V03 TIP in place. The location of one of the connection from the hockey puck pipe just seems too short and at the wrong angle to connect to the TIP. Am I missing something or do I need to buy a new piece of hose...
  8. g60stu

Driver window dropped. Help!

my driver window is stuck fully open this morning. I’m in the process of taking it all apart. Do I need to remove the window regulator from the metal door card to get the door card off completely or does the whole card plus window bits come off in one piece??
  9. g60stu

Anyone got PDF brochure/spec for 16/66reg Cupra 290?

As the title says, I’m just looking for some coherent info on the Mk3 Cupra 290 from around 2016 in terms of colour options, standard specs and what things were options. I guess most most out there are ones with the “black” pack. Anyone got any brochures/specs/options PDFs from around that...
  10. g60stu

Cupra R downpipe and cat options

Last year I fitted a Milltek cat-back 2.75" bore system to my LCR. I appear to have an exhaust leak somewhere further upstream (exhaust fumes coming in through the air vents when I'm sat in traffic). So I'm contemplating a new downpipe and sports cat. Turns out that Milltek have discontinued...
  11. g60stu

Thames valley/M4 corridor meet?

The north west members seem to have got their act together. What about us southerners?? Anyone interested in a meet up somewhere round the Thames valley over Xmas/New Year?? Suggestions of venue welcomed. Stu (near Reading)
  12. g60stu

Anyone tried Michelin CrossClimate+ tyres??

I’m going to put my old original wheels back on my LCR for the winter next week. I was going to put some Michelin pilot sport 4 on them but then saw the Michelin CrossClimate+ for not much more money. Anyone tried CrossClimate+ on their Leon?? General reviews online look good.
  13. g60stu

Injector seat sealant??

I’m planning to give my PCV system an overhaul. I have decided to take the inlet manifold off to get better access to it. Car is a LCR BAM engine. Whilst doing this I thought I should sort out the weeping from the injectors. I can’t tell exactly what is leaking so I have new o-rings and new...
  14. g60stu

Part number for coolant pipe retaining clip

This is a long shot but does anyone know the part number for this clip (shown in the 3rd picture below). It retains a coolant pipe and stops it rubbing the top of the alternator. Car is a LCR225 BAM. I've already tried ETKA with SEAT and we can not identify it on the diagrams. I suspect that...
  15. g60stu

Armrest removal - bolts

Hi, I have just (painfully) removed the armrest from my LCR. Referring to this picture: http://www.cupra.net/Leon/Mein_Cupra/MAL/MAL_13.JPG Look directly at the picture above, the left hole mounted on an existing bolt using a nut, whereas the right two holes seem to mount to the chassis...
  16. g60stu

Swapping speakers (like for like) in a LCR - how easy??

I'm now the owner of a 210 LCR and 225 LCR!!:D I just took my Alpine headunit out of the 210 and put it in the 225 The sound system in my 225 LCR sounds "flat" and "muffled" compared to my old 210 LCR. Seems a little strange :confused: So I was thinking of swapping the speakers, but...
  17. g60stu

Anyone know the pinout of the cd changer fitted in the Cupra R?

I've got an 03 LCR with the aura headunit and (recently replaced) cd changer. I basically want to find out which pins on the 12 pin cd changer connector are the audio inputs + gnd signals, so I can use them to create an aux input for my mp3 player (preferably with a switch so I can still use...
  18. g60stu

Massive footers on replies get on my nerves!!

This is probably the wrong subject area but..... Why o why do people have such big footers with pictures etc when they post threads? I think it really breaks up the viewing of a thread when there's more footer info than the actual replys. Things like Scoobynet is a good example of how it...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.