Search results

1. rickisgrate

Buying a MK3 Cupra

ive got the printed hpi check for mine from RAC. all clear
  2. rickisgrate

Buying a MK3 Cupra

hi mate but mine its got fsh, no smoke or rust, all electrics work on 83k:lol: i'd just make sure it was serviced well and was just generally well looked after they dont seem to rust all that much
  3. rickisgrate

Insurance on a MK3 Cupra

im 23 with 11 points and a ban, 3 years ncb all mods declaredand i pay £800 tpft
  4. rickisgrate

X Car Link USB Review

unlimited tracks buddy
  5. rickisgrate

2001 cupra water pump constantly running

i dunno where the pump or the plug is:doh:
  6. rickisgrate

2001 cupra water pump constantly running

Gotta bit of a problem, the electric water pump is constantly running on my 2001 cupra AYP, which of course is flattening my battery, iad to take a couple of the water hoses off to do a few jobs, but ive since topped it back up with coolant, a mate sais its the system needs bled but i dunno how...
  7. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

Pump all primed with vagcom, all good, but we did find the problem, gotta burst rear flexi hose on the passenger side so will order one of those tomorrow so cheers guys
  8. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

is it simple enough to do though?
  9. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

i mean when the bleed nipples are cracked off, fluid runs out, bleed nipples tightened brakes still spongey
  10. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

Does the pump need anything doing with VAGCOM?
  11. rickisgrate

what plugs?

NGK-IRIDIUMS Probably best bet
  12. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

well as i say ive bled them twice and theres a steady run of fluid coming out all 4 corners
  13. rickisgrate

Spongey brakes

Its taken me 5 months to finally get the abs system all working on my 2001 ibiza cupra, now its all working ive rebled the brakes twice using an EZ-BLEED kit but the brake pedal is hitting the floor and the brakes suck, anything im doing wrong? Ive fitted a new abs pump and controller and the...
  14. rickisgrate

ABS Problem persists

ok update. Turns out the abs pump i bought off someone on here has a buggered controller so now i gotta source another pump and controller and go through all the hassle of changing it all over again, piddled off to say the least :censored:
  15. rickisgrate

ABS Problem persists

the original fault was abs pump low voltage, checked all the connections and they all seem ok
  16. rickisgrate

ABS Problem persists

Not sure if anyone will remember but my ABS pump packed in a few months back, ive just finished fitting a new one and re-bleeding the brakes but the abs and tc lights still remain on the dash permanently, it hasnt had a battery in it either for 2 months, i cant drive it on the road as it has no...
  17. rickisgrate

Saying goodbye to the cupra

gonna finish off my mk3 astra 16v project, havent looked at it in 6 months so its in a bit of a sorry state at the mo
  18. rickisgrate

Saying goodbye to the cupra

well after 6 months of ownership ive decided to get rid of the ibiza, its been non stop trouble and hassle since day 1 so decided enough is enough and not spending any more time or money on it. Its all fixed now tho luckily but ive been put off for good with it all. So just a big thanks...
  19. rickisgrate

New wheels fitted

look good, quite fancy doing mine that colour
  20. rickisgrate

Decat and downpipe upgrade, your honest opinions

what about the downpipe as i read these are a restriction? Also will it sound any different?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise