Search results

1. knotty

Boot won't catch right when closing

sometimes it is somthing simple, check the catch isnt loose as sometimes the bolts come loose and then it rattles when the bootlid is shut, also try snapping the catch shut with a screwdriver and see if it holds, if it doesnt then the cable that controls the catch might be sticking.. or it maybe...
  2. knotty

QQ: coilpacks and misfire

if its 2 cylinders next to each other then i would say that 2 failed coil packs would prevent it starting. Have you checked all the hoses? because i got that fault with a vacuum hose came loose
  3. knotty

can an ibiza flame

oh jesus why fork out all this money if your running a nice work occasionally popping turbo back exhaust just get down to your local homebase and buy a bottle of lighter fluid.. spray tons of it into your straight through backbox and get on the revs to heat it up.... and watch the flames fly...
  4. knotty

FMIC: Universal or Forge?

I would go with the uni tbh, there isnt a great deal of difference as the size and thickness of the uni is compartive to the face area of a forge so you wont see a great deal of difference considering more face area of the uni is actually shown because there is less bumper to block it. the...
  5. knotty

What do you guys think of my Mk3 Cupra.

i love the DVD fitment thats quality! Did it cost much to get that done?
  6. knotty

Alpine CD changer

Fitting a non-standard headunit was definately the best thing I ever did to my ibiza, the sound quality from the original headunit is 30% of the new headunits sound quality. It was also the simple in comparison the lengthy efforts required to fit a CD changer.
  7. knotty

how i fitted my uni intercooler

great job, you've no convinced me to pull the job forward and do this to my cupra, going to order the kit at the end of the month and get it fitted before crail. need to find somewhere that has that steel strapping i know thats good stuff to use!
  8. knotty

N249 bypass

Standard mapping only boosts to 8psi?
  9. knotty

one word to describe your Mk3 Ibiza, what would it be and why?

rocket as many people tell me...
  10. knotty

Playstation PSN Gamer Tags

PSN: WeeKnotty
  11. knotty

Engine management light flashing and car misfiring

looks like i have the exact same problem on my car as described above only a week after getting my timing belt done :( it was funny how i was on route to the seat garage for the brake servo hose recall.
  12. knotty

how to change temprature sensor

if your temprature gauge isnt moving the thermostat is gubbed... the thermostat is connected between a radiator pipe and the engine block, not as easy to change without experience.
  13. knotty

Slight problem

im going in tomorrow to get mine, ill change it myself if they have it in stock. the jubilee clips used are s**t though so i would make sure they use better ones
  14. knotty

Slight problem

Quick start up with the bonnet open and i found the fault. 1 hose had came away from the intake manifold.
  15. knotty

Slight problem

the engine management light has not came on, ive just checked it with vag-com and im getting 6 fault codes. VAG-COM Version: Release 409.1-S Control Module Part Number: 6K0 906 032 AA Component and/or Version: 1.8L 20VT EU3 0002 Software Coding: 10500...
  16. knotty

Changing / fixing ABS sensor

yea its easy mate, i had never done 1 before and i had to change my nearside front sensor a couple of weeks back, the old one was too difficult to remove so i used a sharp(ish) flat headed screwdriver and a hammer to break the old one, i didnt even need to remove the brake disc, managed it all...
  17. knotty

Slight problem

Was driving last night, all was fine for ages then i just happen to be slowing down for a set of lights and pressed the brake pedal to find it really hard to press.... my first thought was it could be this brake servo hose mentioned http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51097...
  18. knotty

Momo Seats Help

remove original frame and get the new subframe welded in.
  19. knotty

Oil light flashing

yea it was the oil light with the oil lamp symbol not the red light beside the water temp. i have been quoted £85 for an oil pump from eurocarparts but would still need to get it fitted, if they say the pumps gone ill go buy the pump and drop it into them cos theres no way im paying 400+ for...
  20. knotty

overheating/no fans/also buzzing noise gone :S

for fans not kicking in it could be the coolant temp sensor (G62) that sits between the battery and engine block, doesnt cause beeping & would usually show an error on vagcom but it does stop the fan kicking in, other possibility is the thermostat which is located on the engine block underneath...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise