Search results

1. dubnut71

3M Di-Noc Carbon Fibre Wrap.....

I've used the di-noc and its available in the Uk direct from 3m's network of suppliers such as William Smiths. We took a 25M roll off them earlier this year at 1500mm wide and used it for roof's and body wrapping until we sourced an alternative which was just as good but much more cost...
  2. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Well I would say it looks good wouldn't I :D I think it suits the shape really well, we wrapped 2 bonnets on Saturday one was a clio cup 182 and the other was a pug 1.9 205. The clio's bonnet had more " curve" to it and seemed to suit it really well, just like a Seat. Go on mate - give it a...
  3. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Nope! its stuck fast! but saying that I am power washing mine regularly and if you apply a bit of common sense its fine. hold the lance 1" from the film and you'll damage it just like you will remove paint, it conforms to the panels and the seams / joints are located to take account of water...
  4. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Yeah I stuck it up to gauge interest, another project looming to my door! It heals pretty well with minor scratches but at the end of the day its still vinyl not kryptonite! if it gets badly ripped then you can also just re-do that panel. It cover very well, if a black car is covered white...
  5. dubnut71

Battery cover mod

Nice one Nath, I am off to do this come monday!!!!! Good spot and great mod!!
  6. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

It deals with rough weather like ... vinyl really! its 5-7yr life product so its coping just fine! I have had one slight scratch that ripped the vinyl (don't know what from) and I have managed to "heal" it with the heat gun. the other option is to just re-wrap that panel!
  7. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Its usually 1 day prep, 2 days wrap, 1 day finishing. Some comapnies do manage to so it in 2 days though......:shrug:
  8. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Hi Ross, Unfortunately as its my company that did the work, I cant actually reply to that as SCN deem that as trading which I fully understand. we work out of a unit in Godstone just off the M25 and co-locate our services with one of the UK's top detailers though!. Were you thinking of...
  9. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Ha !! that made me laugh mate!! I was just in town for a moment too and gave your car a good look over as its brilliant in that colour!! I never for a moment though someone would do a "spotted post":D:D
  10. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

the c/f is actually quite thick (relatively speaking) but you may still see minor imperfections where it settles into the chips the weave of this product helps with this. With a normal vinyl I'm afraid a stone chipped paint means a stone chipped vinyl as it is a thinner product and rally does...
  11. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Ok so its not my car and its a slightly different roof but this M3 was done today with a carbon fiber product and I thought the shots might be of interest to you guys!: :)
  12. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

This all makes sense now!! I knew it would be someone on SCN, the K1 ws looking very good! Bet you spotted me a fair way off too in that fog !!!:D
  13. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Appreciate when in someone else's house you obey their rules its only right! I plan on coming to Deutsch connection and GTI International at the moment, any other suggestions gratefully received!!
  14. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Guys - I will decline to answer any further on this thread due to the commercial aspect of the business. Whilst this is indeed my car I appreciate SCN's view on this being construed as "trading" or being commercial. I have PM'd the mods to work out supporter status and will not discuss the...
  15. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Cheers guys, I love the colour! its 100percent brighter in the flesh!!
  16. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

If you look really closely at the video you'll see that the other 2 people applying the film as well as me are Bryan from Drive n Shine and Paul from Shine on! Ironically when it came to prep the car for the wrap Paul (who's been on 5th gear hosting a piece about car washing) made the coffee and...
  17. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Full green-ness is here!!!!:
  18. dubnut71

window replaced

Well done mate!!:)
  19. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Daffster, the top is grained so wil always be grained even with vinyl on it, worth a go though! It does come out pretty easy! PM Bry over on DW He'll hook ya up!! Its wickedly green! Come monday I am gonna strip the bumps and do the roof so its a full colour change wrap!!
  20. dubnut71

The Car Wrap pics!!

Hello mate, godstone is here The gloss black is "gloss" I am not sure how to answer any fruther but its as glossy as gloss black vinyl?!?:) Roof should be half a day depends on the condition of the car and the prep required. Its worth noting that the car and film should be at the same temp...