Search results

1. MatthewB

Central SEAT, Tyburn Rd, B'ham

Went in there last year with an engine management light problem. I explained that it'd been to Barlows in Wolverhampton the previous time it had come on about 3 months before and was told to take it back there. I explained that I no longer worked in the area so it was a bit out of my way. The...
  2. MatthewB

Seat Leon FR TDI from Romania

DJAlcohol - Where do you get to drive it? I was in Bucharest for 3 months last year and the driving in the city is crazy! 4 or 5 cars drive on a 3 lane road with bikers in between! The mountain roads in Sinaia and Brasov were pretty cool though.
  3. MatthewB

Leon cc??

Looks a bit better lid up though
  4. MatthewB

Leon cc??

A bit fugly if you ask me. Best part of the leon is the rear 3/4 and its rounded behind.
  5. MatthewB

DSG - yes or no

The big difference between the VAG flappy paddle and most (of the older) systems is that the VAG system has 2 clutches compared to 1. What JC hated so much was that those systems suffered from terrible lag from the system disengaging the clutch, changing gear and re-engaging the clutch. 2...
  6. MatthewB

10,000 service

Mine was £142.96
  7. MatthewB

econ / aircon ! ??

quick update: Mine was faulty in the end. It required a new high pressure sensor fitting - done under warranty. Nice and frosty now :)
  8. MatthewB

Leon to M1 Autos

It certainly is a top notch outfit. I bought mine from there and I live in Birmingham. As well as the polite and unpushy attitude of the staff, they allowed a full and proper test drive, tea/coffee (pepsi if you're my other half, and remembered that when we went back), and even a choice of...
  9. MatthewB

econ / aircon ! ??

hmmm I had the same thing yesterday, turned eco off as soon as I got in the car, 20 minutes later and the air being blown out on Lo is still warm. It's the first time I've used it since I bought the car (new) in September. Does anyone know if aircon is one of those systems like exhausts that...
  10. MatthewB

Interior lights too bright

Just don't drive too slowly through town. Ladies of the night are attracted to the glow of the console light for some reason ;) :whistle:
  11. MatthewB

Greetins from a new old member!

Greets, I take it the thought of £440 for tax next year on the RX8 bought you back?
  12. MatthewB

Brake noise....

My guess is that's it's down to the pad material and the light corrosion layer on the discs first thing. Once they've warmed through the squeaking/grating stops.
  13. MatthewB

DSG Auto Programme - Not Very Good

Good point there Flak! I'm of the push the stick forward to look down persuation on the PS3, although when playing on a PC with a mouse I play "normally" I always thought the stick thing was a throwback to years of playing flight sims! It's a good explanation as to why I think the DSG manual...
  14. MatthewB

DSG Auto Programme - Not Very Good

Flak - Although the gearstick is labelled + and - I think Hugo's taking about the movement. I also think that the stick is the "wrong way round" Look at motorsport - pushing the gearstick forwards downshifts not upshift as it does with the DSG (wonder if I could rewire that?).
  15. MatthewB

Best Petrol for Leon FR 2.0 TFSI?

Would love to try the Tesco 99 stuff but there isn't a single garage in the Birmingham area with it, the nearest would be Stoke or Shrewsbury!
  16. MatthewB

New Leon DSG Foot Rest(s)

Yup there's a rest for your right foot. Might be a bit uncomfortable if you've got big feet though. The accelerator is too soft to rest your foot on it.
  17. MatthewB

stealth leon paint

Very good :D If all the other clues didn't give it away "Santos Inocentes" is Spains equivalent of April Fools.
  18. MatthewB

Rusty Wheel Hubs

I'll be complaining about mine to SEAT UK. 2 dealers I have spoken to have said that it's normal. It's only surface rust and isn't a cause for concern. Mine have got progressively worse in 6 months of ownership and I think it lets down the overall look of the car. I think if they can rustproof...
  19. MatthewB

Driving the DSG safely

Hmm I don't treat the DSG any better (or worse) than any manual I've ever owned. The only thing I try not to do is to hold it on the brake up a hill in gear. I think the EVO test is possibly hampered by the fact that those guys are very accomplished manual drivers and can get the best out of...
  20. MatthewB

What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

Mk5 Fiesta 1.4 - a suprisingly good car!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.