Search results

1. Coolant warning

Coolant level slowly dropped in mine due to leak in thermostat housing. Replaced under warranty only to leak substantially a month later - they had nipped the washer/seal when fitting the new thermostat causing a bigger leak! All sorted now with no problems since. Sent from my SM-G973F...
  2. Occasional DSG slip when shifting from 1st to 2nd?

Have 290 DSG 2016 and it happens occasionally - once or twice a month. Nearly imperceptible 'thud' on very light throttle up to embarrassing loud bang if accellerating hard. (passengers think I have hit something). Can happen hot or cold. Cannot replicate on demand and therefore the 3 times...
  3. Calling Cupra experts

I made it to 48 without touching automatics but was interested enough to jump to dsg. Still like to change gear when I want to so 95% of the time use paddles or stick. I find in Drive it changes up too soon (5th gear at 34mph) and stop start kicks in when you don't want it to when slowing down...
  4. Cupra Insurance

1st Central insurance has always been good for my Cupras. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  5. Cupra 300 nightmare in the snow

Switch traction control off for snow (long press of traction control button). As you say with it switched on power will be reduced until wheels are no longer spinning causing you to stop half way up a hill. With it off start in 2nd gear and the tyres will spin but rather than cutting power the...
  6. CUPRA with DSG - How are people driving it round town

I found the extensions a great improvement. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  7. CUPRA with DSG - How are people driving it round town

Comfort idles just below 1000rpm whereas sport, Cupra etc idle just over 1000. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  8. CUPRA with DSG - How are people driving it round town

Coming from all previous manual cars I don't like the way D races up through the gears so quickly and S too slowly. Control freak in me keeps it in manual and use paddles or stick to pick the fear I want when I want it. Limited experience of D mode (and autostart kicking in at 5mph!) gave me a...
  9. SEAT DriveApp & Android Auto

It see it is on the Play Store in UK now. Will have a look at the weekend. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  10. Gear clash DSG

Sometimes on my 290 Cupra there is a loud clunk from 1st to 2nd. Has happened about 4x in the last 7 months. Can't seem to replicate it deliberately. A couple of times was under brisk acceleration from the lights but the other two times were very light acceleration. Always in manual mode with...
  11. Tyre pressure monitor

I've a slow puncture on my cupra and if I inflate to 39 psi it pings when it drops to 30 psi. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  12. Android Auto - which phones ?

Samsung S8 and LG G4 both work. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  13. Drying out wet carpets

I left a tray of (fresh) cat litter in the footwell for a week after I accidentally (buttons pushed and held in pocket when leaning over) auto opened all my windows and left overnight on a wet January. Have deactivated auto windows in the new car! Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  14. Boot Liner

I moved my mk2 boot liner to my mk3. It was tight in a couple of places but otherwise works well keeping the crap off the carpet! Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  15. Am I getting the correct mpg?

My petrol Cupra 290 has averaged 24 mpg based on 10 mile commute every day. Average speed 20 mph! All the more fun though when I do get to let loose Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  16. Mirrors not folding

Check if it is the key battery. Might be ok for initial push to lock but fades before long push is registered. Try your spare key or swap better. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  17. DSG Paddle Extensions

I got the same from ebay and fitted easily - No issues at all.[B)]
  18. DSG Paddle Extensions

Just fitted the ebay metal extensions - so far so good. Will let you know how it goes. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  19. DSG Paddle Extensions

Dw911, excellent link - I have short fingers and have trouble reaching paddles if holding wheel around the bulge on the rim - these finger extensions should be perfect! Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  20. DSG Paddle Extensions

Excellent, will order some when the seller is back.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise