Search results

1. jezyg

SEAT Ibiza DSG or Manual

By chance we had an Arona DSG hire car in Portugal with the 1 litre 110 engine. Overall, I was impressed very smooth and nice auto box with a decent economy as well. I will say the 7 speed DSG has the edge on the 8 speed box I have recently driven in a Peugeot 2008, overall economy in the Arona...
  2. jezyg

SEAT Ibiza DSG or Manual

I was coming to the same conclusion, then got offered a 2008 GT auto for the same monthly lease as an Ibiza Lux 110 manual with free servicing. It would of been silver or Tech Grey, as agree after a black Mito a lighter colour is easier to keep clean my favourite mystic blue is no longer a...
  3. jezyg

SEAT Ibiza DSG or Manual

I went for a Peugeot 2008 GT EAT8 in the end - like the Ibiza it is a lease deal and worked out cheaper as price dropped on the 2008 backend of last week.
  4. jezyg

SEAT Ibiza DSG or Manual

I am finally coming back to SEAT after three years in what was to be my eldest's Alfa Romeo MiTO and selling my Arona. However COVID and Uni mean he still has not past his test... I am moving from a WFH role to hybrid so need a newer and more reliable car. Although, Mito has only given me minor...
  5. jezyg

Lighting Retro fit auto lights

I decided not to order the £250 comfort pack as only wanted auto lights and ACC in terms of options. Realised I could buy an auto light kit off eBay for £25 for a Golf mk7/Octavia 2015, which we all know are the same as the MKIII Leon...
  6. jezyg

Fitted sound proofing and upgraded trim

Sorry for the age in replying, yes got it all from eBay and still doing a great job - just had a Leon as hire car in Portugal and my Arona is just as quiet in terms of road noise, engine wise I have a derv so there is a little more rattle and roll...
  7. jezyg

CUPRA Ateca Open For Ordering

What a surprise! After damaging my new car then blaming me for the damage, lying to SEAT CS, lying to me, I won't even blow wind in one of their showrooms... Asked under GDPR to remove all my details and never contact me by any means ever again - they really were that bad.
  8. jezyg

CUPRA Ateca Open For Ordering

I would rather snog Teresa May than have to contact Bristol Street. This is a family website so unable to truly state what I think of them after being told more porkie pies than they have in Melton Mowbray!
  9. jezyg

Armrest in New Ibiza

I used a spanner for two bolts and a socket for the side and rear bolts. I just pulled the rear tray out by hand with a good tug. Took 15 mins in total to fit, very easy and simple DIY job with half-decent instructions supplied in the kit.
  10. jezyg

Sound Proofing + Small trim upgrade

I thought I would mention here seeing as the Arona has the same door cards and interior fittings as an Ibiza. I quite easily removed the door cards to add sound deadening material to the back of them to reduce noise and vibration. It worked on both accounts! Door cards do sound more solid...
  11. jezyg

Fitted sound proofing and upgraded trim

The sound deadening I had ordered arrived today so I got about fitting it to the front doors and at the same time noticed the interior door handle once removed was ideal for wrapping in some carbon fibre wrap. Apologies the sun made photographs difficult. First of all I removed the door handle...
  12. jezyg

Bye Bye Leon...

It represents good value and anyone could get £1000 off if they gave the dealer a good kicking and the dealer would still be laughing. I brought mine for 1.5K less, so the new deals last year were pretty much outstanding :1st:
  13. jezyg

Bye Bye Leon...

Yep I traded it in as they wanted a quick deal for June registration on the Arona. Not flown off their forecourt over six weeks since we said goodbye... https://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/seat/used-cars/leon/12-tsi-se-dynamic-technology/fl18snn
  14. jezyg

Retro fit auto lights

Sounds like possibly a faulty unit as never had any issues with warning lights on mine???
  15. jezyg

Seat Mii - General Thoughts

I owned a 60ps Up! a few years back and was surprised at how nippy it was. No issues with motorway work, no powerhouse but cruised happily on the motorway light weight helped. Great fun to drive and good mpg, ideal first car. Although Mii values have apparently risen in the past six months.
  16. jezyg

Retro fit auto lights

That was a few posts back and when I owned a Leon :bounce: Well worth the money and even managed to sell the lit on for £20 via Ebay... Better residuals than a car :roflmao:
  17. jezyg

Retro fit auto lights

Yep plug and play and work quite well, sensitivity level could be a bit more sensitive. They look 100% OEM, nearly identical only the plastic which you cannot see seems to be of a lower quality. The one I had was white as was the Golf version, you can sometimes find SEAT versions which are red...
  18. jezyg

Arona SE Tech Lux

Euro 6 EA288 engine in the Arona, four years ago was the EA189 Euro 5 - we have the same 2 litre version in our Tiguan ordered two weeks before dieselgate eeek and luckily just as the new Euro 6 engine was launched, not half bad lump as I am no real diesel fan. Obviously been isolated well in...
  19. jezyg

Arona SE Tech Lux

Picked up our Arona on Thursday after a very smooth and quick order with just under two weeks from order to delivery. Coming from an 18 Plate 1.2 TSi SE Dynamic Leon there is a notch down interior quality wise but the media system especially the display is much improved. Shame you don't get the...
  20. jezyg

order to delivery

I got my SE Tech Lux in under two weeks from order to delivery. Was already in SEAT stock at the port, the upside of standard spec and just having to choose colour - of course being a diesel helped as not quite such a demand at the moment...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.