Search results

1. jezyg

SEAT Ibiza DSG or Manual

I am finally coming back to SEAT after three years in what was to be my eldest's Alfa Romeo MiTO and selling my Arona. However COVID and Uni mean he still has not past his test... I am moving from a WFH role to hybrid so need a newer and more reliable car. Although, Mito has only given me minor...
  2. jezyg

Sound Proofing + Small trim upgrade

I thought I would mention here seeing as the Arona has the same door cards and interior fittings as an Ibiza. I quite easily removed the door cards to add sound deadening material to the back of them to reduce noise and vibration. It worked on both accounts! Door cards do sound more solid...
  3. jezyg

Fitted sound proofing and upgraded trim

The sound deadening I had ordered arrived today so I got about fitting it to the front doors and at the same time noticed the interior door handle once removed was ideal for wrapping in some carbon fibre wrap. Apologies the sun made photographs difficult. First of all I removed the door handle...
  4. jezyg

Arona SE Tech Lux

Picked up our Arona on Thursday after a very smooth and quick order with just under two weeks from order to delivery. Coming from an 18 Plate 1.2 TSi SE Dynamic Leon there is a notch down interior quality wise but the media system especially the display is much improved. Shame you don't get the...
  5. jezyg

Arona on the way

After three months of Leon ownership from new (long story of dealer issues) just ordered a Aron SE Tech Lux 1.6 TDi. Great spec although would have thought Lux would have brought climate control being 'Lux' and the winter back adds heated seats and washer jets but no heated mirrors... Bizarre...
  6. jezyg

Bye Bye Leon...

The shortest ownership ever just three months. After the debacle with the dealer, Mediterranean blue looking good but a pig to clean and easily scratched after the dealer gave me several optional scratches FOC. was going down Astra Sri-VX Line but sticking with SEAT and have ordered a Arona SE...
  7. jezyg

Faint praise...

For once I have to praise SEAT customer services for getting stuck in and dealing with my complaint. I took delivery of a new car in the dark and due to the snow it took me a few days to notice some scratches. Not overly too bad, but not what you expect of a brand new vehicle. I spoke to the...
  8. jezyg

SEAT Derby

SEAT Derby at this point in time is one to avoid. Following points: Complete disorganisation lack of staff and headless chicken staff springs to mind Car park is so rammed of cars damage is going to happen. In my case our brand new car was parked into some bushes and suffered scratches to the...
  9. jezyg

Retro fit auto lights

Guide now located in the new resources section of the site https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/retro-fit-auto-lights.17/
  10. jezyg

Leon Dynamic SE Med Blue

After spending half the day applying Gardx to the bodywork, Autoglym alloy wheel protector. Mediterranean blue looks lovely when all clean and shiny and suits the car. Very quiet and smooth especially the 1.2 TSi, no real 'kick' in terms of performance but very smooth and progressive. Engine is...
  11. jezyg

Brochure and Finance Calculator Live

Both the brochure and fiance calculator are now available. I have already seen discounts of up to 3K on a top spec FR Sport. Overall, looks good value, especially with all colours being standard and FOC!! T-Roc looks a bit pricey next to the Arona now. My wife wants either an Arona or T Roc next...
  12. jezyg

Back in Business

After a six year absence from SEAT, my last a MKII Leon FR TSI 210, and a few other cars, I am back with a Leon. Just made use of some of the mazing deals on offer this month and ordered a Leon SE Dynamic Technology 1.2 TSi just under 13K and £175 a month. Very cheap when it is only £10 a month...
  13. jezyg

Ibiza v Polo

I was on here about 8 months ago considering a Polo or an Ibiza. I was very close to ordering an Ibiza Toca 3dr in the summer when they were going for £8995. But really needed 5 doors. Finally got round to ordering a Polo in the end after a deal which was better than SEAT, which is the second...
  14. jezyg

Ibiza Toca v Mii Sport V High up!

I have a Take up! at the moment that takes me to work and back as well as the odd family trip at the weekend being such a good town car. Downgraded the Leon FR TSi 211 to a BMW F20 116i...so have a 1 series and an up! now. Really need five doors as the 3 doors in the up! is a pain. Looking to...
  15. jezyg

Autoexpress Leon FR TDi 184 v BMW 118d M Sport + link

In this weeks Autoexpress they have pitched an F21 118d M Sport v the new MKIII Leon FR TDi 184. The Leon actually beat the BMW mainly on interior and boot space followed by price. 118d was the better handling and overall drive though. Although I would have thought a 120d Sport v FR TDi would...
  16. jezyg

Leon FR Replacement

After just over two weeks since I sold my cracking FR TSi 211 I picked up its replacement in the form of a BMW F20 116i with the new 1.6 136 turbo lump. Stuck with standard 16" wheels this time after knocking the tracking out on my FR due to the shocking state of our roads. IMO the worst I have...
  17. jezyg

FR TSi Going

After looking at a few cars taken the plunge and gone back to a BMW 1 Series, an F20 this time. Gone with a 116i SE with the 136Bhp/220Nm turbo petrol engine as it felt nicer to drive than a 116d/118d. It is about 10mpg better than my current Leon and added a couple of options to match the spec...
  18. jezyg

Tie Mii Citigo Up Sport

Sounds like a old Rolf Harris song when you put the triplets names together. Here is the subjective bit, which one is best? For the moment I have to say the Citigo but do like the kink on the VW Up. SEAT sadly I must say "need to try harder". Alloy wheel design and lower front bumper just...
  19. jezyg

Autocar 1.2 TSi Copa SE Review

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Seat-Leon-1.2-TSI-SE-Copa/258280/ Interesting read seems to back up what I have heard from a couple of Golf and Leon owners that economy is not that good in the heavier Leon/Golf as engine is working too hard.
  20. jezyg

FR TSi v FR TDi + Pics

Yesterday I swapped my CR FR TDi 170 for an FR TSi 211, so is the TSi the better car to drive and the simple answer is yes. But it is not quite so clear cut, initial impressions from stepping out of the FR TDi was how much lighter the clutch and steering was you can feel the extra weight of the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members