Search results

1. 700 mile club who's in?

After 3 weeks of fairly careful driving I've managed to get 715 miles from one tank of fuel in my 2006 2.0Tdi PD140 :D. Trip computer saying an average of 63mpg, I did have another 30 miles till empty but know I won't be able to buy fuel tomorrow morning before work. Car is completely standard...
  2. Alarm Source Codes

So my MK2 Leon 56 plate has decided that it wants to set off it's alarm at random intervals throughout the day. Lots of fun..... fuse will be pulled soon Now I have vcds and can go to central convenice and measuring block 20 and read the alarm source codes. Unforunately I did an auto scan and...
  3. A miracle

Well a miracle has happened in the mk2 world today. My mk2 passed it's mot first time woooop :D:D:D:D:D. I was even nice to her and paid for her to get washed and vacuumed.
  4. Why I love my mk2 Tdi

:D 130ish mile round trip Bristol to near Andover. Acheived an average of 86.2mpg. Gotta love the dirty diesels. I must admit I did only do 60 on the motorway but this is still impressive.
  5. Wheels like hockenhems

Quesytion for all you wheel*****s, i want something like tsw hockenheims http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=320438 but theyre not quite right to my eye whats similar?
  6. Boot Light switch

Could someone with a GTI or Cupra with a boot light please take me a picture of where the switch is located, :). Ive got the wires for the lamp in the boot just need to know if the wire for the switch is there too but haven't the foggiest of where it is meant to be. Thanks Mike
  7. Pollen Filter.

Im looking at getting a pollen filter on my car to try and stop it getting quite so damp in these winter months. From what i can see here i will need the 12 19 and 18 Has anyone got a picture of these on their car. Or removed aircon and got them spare and left over? Cheers.
  8. Disc + Pad Confusion

Ive been looking at getting some new discs and pads for my 1.9 tdi 90hp, when i looked on the euro car parts site they say i should have 256*20 discs and i went out and roughly measured my disc through the wheel and thats what they seem to be, but then i went on the ebc site and they say i...
  9. Variable Speed Intermittent Wiping

This also works on my sisters mk3 so should work on any mk3 with the 19 relay as standard. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2558199#post2558199
  10. Variable Speed intermittent wiping SOLUTION

Have you ever wanted that ability as in newer seats to be able to change the time between the intermittent wiping wipes. I have found the solution, what you need to do is buy a relay 99 from volkswagen as in this picture Once youv'e got it just pull out the relay from your car with 19...
  11. I think ive found the bumper extension for facelifts.

Came as standard on inca vans on a while i think saw one today and am pretty sure thats what it is. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Hand-Drive-SEAT-INCA-1-9D-VAN-LHD_W0QQitemZ140338579417QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item20acd4c7d9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  12. For those making MAF logs with older tdi's

After doing some logs on my ahu i was getting a bit worried that my MAF was very bad and not working well at all. But after a bit of research on tdiclub.com and other places i have found out that anyone with the old style pierburg TDi MAF like this one pictured here. Part number 974906461...
  13. Side Skirt Stud Locations

Right ive tryed searching but not found what i wan't has anyone out there got the skirts off their car and able to measure the locations of the studs which hold the side skirts on. If you do please let me know. Cheers Mike
  14. MAF and MAP Logs

Ive been out doing some logs today and pretty sure i've got an old MAF thats on it's last legs. MAP seems to be fine so i assume that shows that shows its the MAF sensor thats gone. Can I have your opinions please guys. Pretty sure i need a new MAF but just checking. Heres some graphs logged...
  15. AHU oil warning light

Hi does anyone know if the ahu's oil warning light is connected to anything but the oil pressure switches? more info here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=221684
  16. Engine oil warning light.

Well today i got onto sorting the problem of my oil leak on my mk2 ibiza 1.9tdi with AHU engine. The problem was the low pressure switch for the oil pressure warning light had deteriorated with time And was letting oil spurt out past it. So i thought fine off to euro car parts and get a new one...
  17. My new MK2

Just bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290316337985 going to collect it at the weekend. Bit of a hack to be fair but going to tidy it up a little, lowering will be on the cards once ive got it and given it a full service etc. Nothing like a...
  18. Mk2 toledo Bootspace.

Im looking at buying a mk2 toledo but am a bit concerned about the bootspace. I was wondering whether someone could tell me the distance from the back of the drivers seat to the back of the boot. Im into kayaking and need to know whether my paddles will fit inside the car.
  19. VAGCOM help needed North Devon/Cornwall

Hi ive been having some problems with my mk3 ibiza 1.4 and wondered if anyone around The North Devon/Cornwall area had VAG COM and would be willing to help get me some fault codes so i can see whats going wrong with my car. Thanks Mike
  20. New Ibiza photos from bristol

Apologies on low quality and no internal pictures wasn't allowed inside the display truck which was a bummer. But from what i could see when staff where looking it looks better inside than the mk4. Can't say i was amazed at the way they are trying to show off a new car or should i say not show...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members