Search results

1. mark smith

Groaning steering

Here's the update . . . Supplying dealer believed the rack was faulty. When I enquired about a courtesy vehicle I was told "just because you have a Cupra doesn't mean your getting a car", not great ! Then proceeded to tell me that they needed to carry out diagnostics on the vehicle remove the...
  2. mark smith

Groaning steering

Have developed an annoying groaning from the steering when turning the steering at slow speeds when manoeuvring. Taken to the dealers today to have it checked out . . . Been told they believe the steering rack is noisy :cry: Will keep you posted. Cheers
  3. mark smith

DAB interference

Here's the pics !
  4. mark smith

DAB interference

I have sorted this. The DAB wiring runs through the offside trunking. I have pulled the wiring through and routed through the nearside trunking, DAB reception is back, with zero interference
  5. mark smith

DAB interference

Fitted a Blackvue DR750S 2CH today. Wiring for the rear camera running along the headlining, and then through the offside trunking into the tailgate to connect to the camera. No wires are visible. Have just popped out in the car and found the DAB is now not getting a signal. If I disconnect the...
  6. mark smith

Weight Plate

Hope this helps
  7. mark smith

Some lovely dealership detailing

I've got one of these to put on when it goes to the dealer. Spent a fortune having the paint corrected after collecting it, don't fancy shelling out again ! I just let them know politely at time of drop off not to clean it, inside or out.
  8. mark smith

Back in a Cupra!

Oh no
  9. mark smith

Cupra Ateca C+S and Design, Black

So far so good. Do get a lot of people looking around it, the badge throws them
  10. mark smith

Cupra Ateca C+S and Design, Black

Black Ateca, Comfort, Sound and Design pack with Pan roof
  11. mark smith

Sup

Hey, not been here for a while, had a LCR (225) 2004 - 2011, then had a Fabia VRS (twin charge) 2011 -12, followed by another (horrendous oil issues) 2012 - 13, then an Octavia VRS combi (TSi) 2013 to present. Decided we needed another wagon, after trawling dealerships we decided on the Cupra...
  12. mark smith

alarm fault ?

Nope ! Traded it ! Got a new Fabia VRS now !
  13. mark smith

started to mod after 4 weeks !! hope you like ! PIC HEAVY !!

Looking good, really like the wheels, suit the car a treat.
  14. mark smith

alarm fault ?

Have lubed the door latches, also just noticed the fuel pump doesn't always prime when I open the door ?
  15. mark smith

alarm fault ?

No water leaks, checked the battery connections, and have cleaned earth points in the engine bay.
  16. mark smith

alarm fault ?

came back to the car this evening, unlocked with the remote, that was okay. turned the ignition on, the usuall dash lights came up but then the lights went out and the alarm started going off, i couldn't stop the alarm. after several attempts at hammering the remote the alarm stopped, but as...
  17. mark smith

Help, handbrake light flashing !

the fliud's okay, i was on a flat surface. flashing was on and off at 1 sec intervals ?
  18. mark smith

Help, handbrake light flashing !

Came back to the car after doing some shopping on Sunday, when I started the engine the dash was giving out an audible warning, the handbrake warning light was flashing and the ABS and traction light's were on. Switched off the engine and restarted, lights all went out and everything seems okay...
  19. mark smith

Dash LCD screen backlight problem

i'm getting the same thing, intermitantly flickering dash back light for speedo, clock and climate display. recently replaced alternator and battery. have cleaned the earths under the battery tray, and a few inside the car. don't appear to have any other probs with running etc, just the bleedin'...
  20. mark smith

Windscreen chips

http://dmgautorepairs.co.uk/MOT.aspx
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.