Search results

1. jasengine

110TDI with GT1756 hybrid

This was my old thread and no longer have the Leon, but does anyone know where it is now? I know this is a long shot. I've looked up the reg and its on a sorn,, but apart from that I know nothing.
  2. jasengine

Please, please, please help!

Good to hear. That's bad luck about the window mechanism. I changed the drivers side when I had the car! Water getting in again! That is a pain with that model, there's plenty on the forum on that topic lol. I thought I had sealed everything.
  3. jasengine

Please, please, please help!

I wont be the clutch, its a Southbend USA heavy duty unit mated to a single mass flywheel, to handle all those extra ponies!! Sorry to read you woes Dez! I still miss the car!
  4. jasengine

Open Cone Filter

You can get your turbo fitting with a larger turbine for about £300, no need to get a whole new unit. Cone filters or any other oiled type will give you nothing apart from perhaps more turbo whistle.
  5. jasengine

White/grey Smoke

The Garrett VNT1749VB is off the PD150 engine. The compressor wheel installed was a 56mm, so the turbo ineffect became a VNT1756. They machined the turbo housing to allow the larger compressor wheel to fit as well. I ran the turbo without a remap for a while and noticed very little difference...
  6. jasengine

White/grey Smoke

I would go for recon with a larger compressor wheel installed, you won't look back...well maybe in the mirror, as you pass a Porsche!! I would recomend CR Turbos, they have a website. They do a 1st class job, I had two jobs done by them: 1st time round the hybrid treatment on a standard new...
  7. jasengine

White/grey Smoke

If your oil level is correct, then is is almost a safe bet that the turbo seals are a bit on the worn side. One way to find out would be to put the cat back on; if the smoke clears up you know it the turbo seals.
  8. jasengine

White/grey Smoke

Possiblily turbo oil seals....
  9. jasengine

Turbo Replaced - Still Smoking Help

Sounds like turbo oil seals and/or a blocked crankcase breather causing oil to pass turbo seals.
  10. jasengine

Scala Radio replacing Aura?

Your right. Over the times I have done modifications and changes etc on this car, I have learned that there is no such thing as a 'simple job' lol
  11. jasengine

Ha! If only my cables could stretch that far from the dash! I can get them as far as the opening!! I might have to swap the connection over in the radio, if I cant get any more cable out of the dash. looks like this is going to be a weekend job :blink:
  12. jasengine

Interesting. I didn't notice any bullet connectors, unless their all wrapped up in that cotton tape. Further investigation required......
  13. jasengine

I think I have found the problem: I got the plug connector diagram for my specific Leon and compaired the Scala pin arrangement to the car's. There were a few differences! The +12v pin is swapped with the power to the arial and the CD data lines are swapped over. Why these would be different...
  14. jasengine

Thanks for the advise people. I will let you know how it goes.
  15. jasengine

show me your FMIC

On a 1.9TDI, but same theme
  16. jasengine

Could be. SEAT don't give much excess wire to play with! I was concerned about how much I had to pull the cable and contort my hand to get it in there!
  17. jasengine

Sounds simple...I'll give it go.
  18. jasengine

I have just bought a Scala Radio to replace my Aura in my Leon. The first difference I noticed is that they are a different facia widths! So I have ordered the correct side blanking plates, but having pissed about with the cables for an hour as they are so short, I managed to plug it in. Thing...
  19. jasengine

Can an oil catch can let too much oil down the intake?

The best catch can, if you dont want any oil getting into the intake is the Mann & Hummel ProVent - http://www.mann-hummel.com/mhuk/upload/doc/HBGDHjDBaVQ.pdf It's not the best looking thing, but it separates all the oil from the blowby!
  20. jasengine

Possessed LCR is no longer possessed

Woohoo :lol: I fixed it! I checked the battery this afternoon and it was 12.6v, what it should be. So I measured the voltage under the dash where all the main terminals are and found that it was only reading 8v or so. So I thought the only other thing it could be was the earth connection. So...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise