Search results

1. Husbandofstinky

Number Plates

My advice to anyone on number plates is to try and buy direct at the DVLA cherised plate auctions if you are going to spend proper money on a plate (dateless etc). Go through the hammer price history of those initials required (if possible) and set your reserve at the bottom end of those hammer...
  2. Husbandofstinky

Speeding Ticket

Generally speaking, if you go to court and are found guilty, the conviction tends to be more severe than had you pleaded guilty in the first place. This applies across the board be it motor or any other offences. In short, unless you really believe you have a good case, don't even go there...
  3. Husbandofstinky

Stupid Things you had done with or in the car

Nice to see you still about Fl@pper. its been a long time. Another stupid action many moons ago come to mind again. 1983 Ford Capri 2.8 (was a lovely motor). Decided to go through a local ford and the girlfriend at the time (the now mrs) said 'I wouldn't do it'. Being a 20 year old said 'it...
  4. Husbandofstinky

Stupid Things you had done with or in the car

First car - 1972 Mini 850cc Did everything to it including plenty of welding for MOT's. Just completed an oil change and then added the oil. Kept checking the dipstick and still not registering. Added more and then thought hang on a minute..... saw the fresh oil seeping out front under the car...
  5. Husbandofstinky

Black Box

Inbuilt obsolescence - great for the industry and jobs.
  6. Husbandofstinky

Traditional yearly Christmas movie

Traditional - A Christmas Carol (Patrick Stewart version) Comedy - National Lampoons Christmas vacation (got to watch it if you haven't already - totally extreme dysfunctional extended family) Action - Go to be Die Hard If the just the one choice then National Lampoons
  7. Husbandofstinky

New Tyres Advice

Good to know and a resounding yes, but I would have Michelin PS4's on something with a bit of poke. I have these on the Leon and they suit it well. Just waiting for the wear rate. The Skoda is mapped to just over 200bhp and a good tyre is recommended there. Currently they are Conti SC5's. Not a...
  8. Husbandofstinky

Black Friday Sales.

Bought two pairs of Oakley's today - 20% off minimum :cheers: https://www.oakley.com/en-gb?cid=IP-SGA_000000-UK_EN_Brand_Core+%5BE%5D_Brand_Core_oakley&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlK7aodjq3gIVaL7tCh1m3A_QEAAYASAAEgIyNPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
  9. Husbandofstinky

Any legal eagles about? Urgent help needed!

If it were me I would submit a query to the Honest John web site. I did have a question over legal matters and they responded within 24 hours. I have seen questions like this on their Q & A's and would suggest to have a quick look to see if you can find anything via a search. It is of course...
  10. Husbandofstinky

Anyone recognise this motor?

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/driving-1/2018-11/swansea-named-as-uk-s-road-rage-capital/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2019th%20November&utm_content=Newsletter%2019th%20November+Version+B+CID_7e26291fa33299d04fc6c27749bfbb44&utm_source=campaign%20monitor&utm_term=Click%20to%20read%...
  11. Husbandofstinky

Google Maps vs. Waze

I don't think you can really go wrong with Google maps. After trying 'Here we go' for a bit, I went back to Google. Like everything its pro's and cons.
  12. Husbandofstinky

At Risk of Redundancy

Interviews and quoting for jobs etc. are very similar situations imo. All I can say be yourself, be honest and tell them how it is. I can do this, I can't do that but I have done the other etc I haven't done a job interview in well over 20 years so I wouldn't know what the world is like on that...
  13. Husbandofstinky

At Risk of Redundancy

Wow 30 years of doing the same stuff (I know it evolves) and still liking it makes me feel envious. Almost 30 years of doing what I have been doing and tbh all I do is tolerate it now. Not a bad profession but for that length of time, I am bored of it and all of the government red tape that...
  14. Husbandofstinky

At Risk of Redundancy

You are doing the right thing, hanging on in there (possible redundancy) whilst continuing to look around in the meantime. I don't know what the redundancy situation is or could be (new owners, contracts etc) and it may be worth getting a little free advice on that one (CAB etc) It is a bummer...
  15. Husbandofstinky

Internal garage lighting

In the end I went for 48W LED Battens (5 ft) as they were inexpensive and readily available. All I can say is big difference and wish I had done them earlier. I went for a cool light as these generated 4500 lumens rather than warm light which were 500 lumens less.
  16. Husbandofstinky

V6 engine v 4 cylinder turbo?

Never liked the P6 but the SD1 always looked and sounded great in 'Vitesse' mode. Still all time fave remains to be the P5B coupe. God knows what a good one of them is worth now.
  17. Husbandofstinky

VAG electric seats

Good afternoon all. Re the Superb. Any thoughts please as the passenger seat will not adjust (bar the bolster) up and down etc. I have not yet looked at it properly but the car is very low mileage and the passenger seat never gets moved. The memory seats on the drivers side is obviously used...
  18. Husbandofstinky

We're all cleaning with the wrong thing...

That bloke needs to clear his workbench (sorry no sound if its a lass). It's disgusting all that tut/toot (however that's spelt) knocking about. Would drive me insane :fool:
  19. Husbandofstinky

Now even hybrids are possibly under threat

Personally I am not a fan of hybrids At first glance they appear to be the silver 'green' bullet for our addiction to fossil fuels. However, the carbon footprint in order to generate the battery pack is unreal. The amount of heavy metals required and intensive mining in third world countries...
  20. Husbandofstinky

Wearing a Ring

I don't wear one because of the ball ache it causes - eczema Rings are a pain anyhow and just there to keep the mrs happy imo