Search results

1. Husbandofstinky

Anyone recognise this motor?

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/driving-1/2018-11/swansea-named-as-uk-s-road-rage-capital/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2019th%20November&utm_content=Newsletter%2019th%20November+Version+B+CID_7e26291fa33299d04fc6c27749bfbb44&utm_source=campaign%20monitor&utm_term=Click%20to%20read%...
  2. Husbandofstinky

VAG electric seats

Good afternoon all. Re the Superb. Any thoughts please as the passenger seat will not adjust (bar the bolster) up and down etc. I have not yet looked at it properly but the car is very low mileage and the passenger seat never gets moved. The memory seats on the drivers side is obviously used...
  3. Husbandofstinky

Printer cartridge recycling

Our local primary school used to take cartridges presumably to make a couple of quid in the process (all good stuff). A year or so back they decided that they could no longer take any. Looking around I see there are company's that take them but some can be so fussy. All I want to do is to say...
  4. Husbandofstinky

Internal garage lighting

Random one this. Moved into another house just over a year ago and now trying to sort out the odd annoying small problems. The garage is a decent sized double width one with two pendants shedding a pathetic amount of light. Forget trying to work in there. The obvious option is to...
  5. Husbandofstinky

The PCP time bomb?

I noticed this Q & A in Honest John's usual regular emails. https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/82634/why-are-there-so-many-leased-cars-on-the-roads-lately- Have never done one yet (always saved up and paid cash) The Skoda being the last one at £23k+. However, have never ruled out...
  6. Husbandofstinky

Random drivel - Wild tales on Film 4

It was the usual evening after a crap day at work. Thumbing through the TV trying to find something decent to watch ignoring the box sets. Stumbled across 'Wild Things' on Film 4. Talk about a totally random film - five or six mini films with each one being a good yarn considering the...
  7. Husbandofstinky

Festive banner??

Its just not Christmas without one. :cry:
  8. Husbandofstinky

One touch elec windows

I have changed the battery on the car this afternoon and since then both one touch electric window controls don't seem to work. Coincidence?? Think so. Both fronts go up and down its just the one touch function that seems to be awol. Anyone else come across this before? Over the years I...
  9. Husbandofstinky

Bonnet reminder!!

I know this comes under winter checks, but check your catch and WD40/spray grease etc it up. These buggers can stick easily and a pita to sort out (pliers on the pull and then these break too) Tried mine this morning and first load of salt has already made it sticky despite spraying it...
  10. Husbandofstinky

PD Cambelt

The Leon has gone in for its 2 replacement cam belt today (approx every 4 years) The first replacement was just over four years ago full belts, pump. tensioners etc. This was performed at the local main dealer back in 2008/9. Anyways had a call today from a friend of mine who has a very good...
  11. Husbandofstinky

Lambs wool wash mit or micro fibre?

A bit of a traditionalist (lambs wool) but I know that things have moved on. Enough to change?
  12. Husbandofstinky

Steering columns

Are they solid UJ's (if more than one) or is there a rubber joint/bush? Reason why I'm asking is that the car wanders all over the place (I've had it from new so don't tell me its the cambers/tyres etc!). A friend of mine has a Lotus seven kit car (Ford running gear) and suffered similar...
  13. Husbandofstinky

Members sale transaction history

It's probably been considered already and not just a minor tweak, but has the thought of 'Rep power' (as used on other forums) been considered? May be a Untopian ideal, but I've found it works well on Pug306.Net and gives members an idea of transaction history between members as well as...
  14. Husbandofstinky

256mm rear brake upgrade (LC)

A quick question, I assume that with the change in rear callipers to LCR/VRS items, there is no question of fouling the stock 17" rims. Currently in the process of ordering LCR callipers, disks, pads and guards. For the record I know it will make bugger all difference but the stock items...
  15. Husbandofstinky

Intermittent indicator problem

I seem to have a connection issue with the OS front indicator. The bulb is fine, take it out and put it back in and it works for a while, sometimes a month, sometimes only a day. I spoke to a very good garage mechanic friend and he said straight away its the holder, VAG units are a PITA and...
  16. Husbandofstinky

Default 'title' in every posting

Noticed this one turned up yesterday (I think). Any particular reason?
  17. Husbandofstinky

Dog bone mounts

As the Powerflex debacle continues, can anyone recommend another alternative? I'm not sure if the Powerflex unit on the Leon is failing now and will have a closer look at it this weekend (knocking). Assuming a worse case scenario. Any ideas would be appreciated - not looking forward to...
  18. Husbandofstinky

Nice new banner

Clean and fresh. :)
  19. Husbandofstinky

Winter tyres - not your usual question

For those already running around on winter tyres (obviously not Leon specific obviously but where else can it go) but how do you feel about the tread movement? TBH I'm finding it quite disconcerting when the physics kicks in and the blocks move. Nothing too silly either and its movement and...
  20. Husbandofstinky

Speaker crackle

Probably a silly question but I assume that I'm getting this due to the possibility of wiring being a bit loose. The Pug estate has speakers in the tailgate and every now and then over a bump a crackle kicks in and continues for the rest of the journey but only on jolts from the road. All...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.