Search results

1. gregorcupra

Where to "T" in for boost gauge

Mine is t'd into the hose going to the top of the dump valve
  2. gregorcupra

external temp sensor

Im trying to find this sensor on ebay , with no joy at all! Anyone know where I can find one online ?
  3. gregorcupra

Fitting a manual boost controller ?

hmm gets more and more confusing Think ill just set it alight !
  4. gregorcupra

Yeah I see what youre saying but the idea behind the boost controller was to turn dwn the boost , due to it saying it was overboosting. However , now that Ive turned it down I get the same code. This morning I piped the mbc as others have suggested, disconnecting the pipework but leaving it...
  5. gregorcupra

I really dont think its a boost leak due to how intermittent the problem is, but Ive had the issue over a year now so I have no idea. I havent touched the actuator at all , and the code is 17965
  6. gregorcupra

Should have also mentioned that the error im getting is 17965 - overboost. How can it overboost if ive turned boost down !?
  7. gregorcupra

My Ford Imperial Blue Cupra

Hi there, thanks for the comments ! The silver car is this car lol. It was resprayed last feb. And yea I bought the brembos from badger 5. All I did was wash the car and polish it - no wax as yet. Polish used was turtlewax colourmagic
  8. gregorcupra

Right, still have the mbc connected with the n75, but still I have a problem!! Even though I have turned the boost down to 15 psi , it will still go into ****ing limp mode [:@] Take for example tonight. I ran some friends into town just cruising in 5th gear. Cruised most of the way home...
  9. gregorcupra

My Ford Imperial Blue Cupra

Washed and polished the cupra !
  10. gregorcupra

Would coolant temp sensor cause limp mode ?

No light and no beeping , but this is probably the third time Ive had that particular fault code re-appear. By limp mode I mean the car wouldnt go above 7 psi, but could still do 80mph etc
  11. gregorcupra

Would coolant temp sensor cause limp mode ?

As above , Im getting limp mode after quite high speed in 5th gear. I scanned for codes and got 16500 - coolant temp sensor. Any one had experience of this and has it caused limp ? Cheers
  12. gregorcupra

Cheers for the advice. So am I better runing the mbc without the n75 , or with the n75 ? Im just worried that if the N75 isnt plumbed in but is electrically connected then it will throw faults/still cause limp mode ?
  13. gregorcupra

Thanks very much Tarzan for your help. I think I will keep the n75 connected for now as I would think it would be dangerous otherwise if i were to put boost up too much. I think I am right in saying that if the n75 is connected then I can only turn boost up to the level the car is asking for ?
  14. gregorcupra

Ok all plumbed in so took the car for a spin. The main thing I have noticed is that the boost controller has a very small hole on it which is obviously put there when its made , but this thing hisses like crazy when the car comes on boost ? Is that normal ? Also , I started the boost...
  15. gregorcupra

Thanks guys, I found this diagram on the internet and copied what I saw : Thats it fitted now anyway , and Ive mounted the controller inside the car rather than outside. Hopefully I can turn the boost down a bit to overcome the overboost problem I have been having ! Thanks again
  16. gregorcupra

Hi there, Just got my forge mbc this morning and I'd like to know the best way of fitting it as they give no instructions ? Do I remove the pipework from the n75 or do I use it in conjunction with the boost controller ? What pipes do I plumb each part of the controller in to ? Thanks...
  17. gregorcupra

What is this sensor?

Aye good mate he does a nice job. He did the opening in my front bumper too , filled dents and refurbed the wheels at that price
  18. gregorcupra

What is this sensor?

Aye thats mine lol. Looks a lot better now right enough ! I paid £1200 I take it you know james ?
  19. gregorcupra

What is this sensor?

Nice one. Aye I fitted it myself wasnt too bad apart from chopping some metal away lol. Wasnt too neat cutting the bumper out because I knew it was going in for a respray anyway :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members