Search results

1. ChrisGTL

EA189 N0x emissions action @ SEAT

Surely any half decent remap has overwritten the dodgy code to cheat the emissions system anyway. I would only apply the upgrade if the car is stock. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  2. ChrisGTL

Central locking and Electric windows fault after changing battery

Did fuse 14 blow for you to change it or did you replace it just to rule it out? I remember I had something similar on my 19TDI FR - can't remember what the issue was. I will keep thinking. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  3. ChrisGTL

Tried all these? http://uk-mkivs.net/index.php?/topic/43448-Problem-with-central-locking,-electric-windows-failure-and-lost-all-interior-lights-too Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  4. ChrisGTL

Try this procedure: 1 - put driver window down. 2 - insert key in door lock 3 - twist to unlock and hold in position. 4 - with other paw unlock the car using the door panel button. 5 - release and remove key from door. 6 - test remote. **edit - sorry didn't see you had already tried different...
  5. ChrisGTL

Slight judder in my LCR

My guess is DMF issue. Common theme here seems to be low revs. At 40mph in 6th gear is it even worse? Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  6. ChrisGTL

How to take this off? (See Picture)

Is this the part here > http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_single/catalog/se/markt/E/modell/LE/year/2010/drive_standart/456/hg_ug/807/subcategory/807011/part_id/1395890/lang/e#sec_23 This might be some help > https://www.drive2.ru/l/8983573/ Can't find a guide unfortunately. It does look like the...
  7. ChrisGTL

Weird screeching noise when turning

Dry top mount could be a possibility. Only way to diagnose is by getting someone to turn wheel back and forth while you crawl about listening/feeling for where it's coming from. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  8. ChrisGTL

Dump Valve Query

Genuine Forge products are the dogs. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/The_Splitter_a_Recirculation_and_Blow_Off_Valve--product--793.html Depends how loud you want it? Silly loud or noticeable? Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  9. ChrisGTL

Front discs worn

English? You were asking about front discs. Maybe just get a qualified mechanic to sort it out if you can't use initiative to work it out for yourself. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  10. ChrisGTL

Front discs worn

Just enter your reg into EuroCarParts website and it will tell you what parts you need. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  11. ChrisGTL

DPF cleaner/diesel additives

Just had a word with a petrochemical chemist and he said Cerium Oxide based products can work well. http://www.energenics.co.uk/enviroxdpfassist/envirox-dpf-assist-technology/ Not cheap though!! Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  12. ChrisGTL

DPF cleaner/diesel additives

These products only increase exhaust temperatures so regeneration takes place sooner. Find a big hill and thrash your engine up it. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  13. ChrisGTL

Cutting out while driving.

Was the MAF the reason for limp mode? My experience is that MAF's often look in good condition even though they are failing. I guess you could unplug the MAF next time you have a stalling issue and see if it helps. If your engine runs better without the MAF plugged in I would suggest replacing...
  14. ChrisGTL

Why did you clean the MAF out of interest? Did you feel like the MAF was dying so you cleaned it? What did you clean it with? Isopropanol Alcohol? My thinking is a split hose or sensor problem. Also have a look under the manifold for split vac hoses. Are you running the Forge DV? Sent from...
  15. ChrisGTL

Any pattern to your problem? Does it only do it when engine is up to temperature or does it do it completely random? Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  16. ChrisGTL

Remapping questions

From what I remember you need downpipe for stage 2. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  17. ChrisGTL

Had a similar problem when I owned a R225. Mine turned out to be a split hose on hot side of turbo. Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  18. ChrisGTL

ChrisGTL - MK1 LCR 225 - Going from APR to REVO

Well that's it. Car now sold so I can take ownership of my late old man's Audi. Miss the Cupra already, such good fun and loved watching cars worth 3 times as much trying to keep up through the bends. New owner is stripping her and giving her a good clean inside and out. --------------...
  19. ChrisGTL

Knock Knock......who's there?

Reet chaps, About a year ago my car started to make a new unwanted noise whenever I travel on an uneven/bumpy/potholed road. Since the noise started it has passed two MOT's and I even took it to a garage who put it on their car shaker (no idea what its proper name is) and the mechanic...
  20. ChrisGTL

How to use iPhone to play music via USB & MDI

We have just removed the genuine iPhone connector/lead from our mk2 Leon as we are selling the car. Does anyone know what cars this will fit? It has a VW sticker on the unit so I presume it will fit a MK5 Golf and possibly Audi S3.....? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.