Search results

1. northernmonkey

Which mode do you use your FR in?

I use mine mainly in Sport.... I prefer the throttle response and the little extra umph!
  2. northernmonkey

Had my bumper repaired but not too happy..advice?

Cheers for the feedback folks... I took it back earlier this week and they looked it it and agreed it looked almost milky and dull in colour and that they'd repaint it Got it booked in for a few days next week so hopefully it'll get sorted!
  3. northernmonkey

Thanks for that jake...it's a place in Bolton called Samson's of whom a number of people have told me is a good bodyshop hence why I took it to them first and only really... It's strange because as I said they have done something with the whole bumper as there is the bit on the opposite side...
  4. northernmonkey

That's what I'd suspected...will a re-paint result in a better overall match now that there is no damage to the bumper? I presume they'd sand and re spray or something along those lines? The finish on the previously damaged side also seems ever so slightly dull to add to the colour mis match...
  5. northernmonkey

Somebody kindly bumped my Leon a few weekends ago and just buggered off... I couldn't stand seeing my car in such a state so I took it to a reputable (so I've been told) bodyshop in Bolton...I payed extra to have the full bumper done as I didn't want a patched up or half arsed job on a car...
  6. northernmonkey

Juddering at speed...

That's my first thought which is disappointing soon as I paid 20 quid for the repair...
  7. northernmonkey

Juddering at speed...

Evenin folks...hope your motors are all running sweet?! It's not a leon specific issue but I need a little advice none the less... I took my MK3 FR to my local branch of National Tyres yesterday to repair a puncture in the middle of the tread of my left rear. All seemed well until I hit...
  8. northernmonkey

Titanium Pack

I love it....real little head turner! I like the silver mirrors as a bit of a 'go back in time' exercise like FR's of old :D
  9. northernmonkey

1at & 2nd gear ratios

Thats interesting you should mention that....I have issues sometimes from 2nd to 3rd, usually if your giving it a little bit of stick but sometimes it does it even when your just plodding along! Just seems to get a little 'stuck' or very notchy and makes a little bit of a noise...Keep meaning to...
  10. northernmonkey

Titanium Pack

This is mine with the Titanium pack....Personally I think the mirrors look great! They match the wheels really well too [/IMG]
  11. northernmonkey

Sunroof supply or production problem

Likewise with me...Got mine beginning of April with the Sunroof...No issues as far as i'm aware. I think this is the same roof as in other VW/Audi models so should be a 'known part' really?
  12. northernmonkey

1.4 FR Ride Quality

You might want to make a point of driving around any pot holes! Speed bumps are hit and miss depending on if you can drive aronud them or not lol :happy: I have a 1.4tsi FR on the 18inch Machined wheels that come with the Titanium Pack.....I'll say the drive is urmm...'firm' It can be a...
  13. northernmonkey

What Tyres Are The MK3's Being Delivered With?

Another one with FR 18s and Cont Sport Contact 5's
  14. northernmonkey

Folding door mirrors on FR

I've had a few issues, sometimes they don't even fold in or out when you turn the controller first time lol.. Mine like yours, only fold up with the key when holding the lock but they do however fold back out once the key is turned in the ignition
  15. northernmonkey

My wait is nearly over now...

As standard, they light up in white when the car is in 'Normal' mode and light up in red when in 'Sport' mode!
  16. northernmonkey

What are the FR 17" alloys like in the flesh?

Silly me...I mean the performance 18s or the titanium pack 18s :)
  17. northernmonkey

What are the FR 17" alloys like in the flesh?

They probably do it on purpose to encourage more to upgrade, the stock FR wheels just look plain! It'll be interesting to see how many orders upgraded to the better 17s or 18s!
  18. northernmonkey

My wait is nearly over now...

All the more reason just to drive around in the dark lol...
  19. northernmonkey

Spare Wheel / Air Compressor Query...

This may sound stupid but does anybody know if the air compressor included in place of a spare tyre can be used as a regular compressor to top up air in the tyres or is its soul purpose to aid the use of the tyre killer filler foam stuff??
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.