Search results

1. My Ibiza is broken!!

Hi, The dealer fitted a new ECU and all was fin form that day onwards Ian
  2. Have new DSG Gear gator but button not right!

I sorted it today. Ive ordered a Golf lol
  3. New Key

Hi, I paid £140 for a new flip/remote Key at the dealers. Cheers Ian
  4. 1,2 TSI Clicking noise from the dash (relay sound)

Hi, Yes mine is the old vw 1.6 DSG. I get no noises like that at all. The car runs beautifully :)
  5. 1,2 TSI Clicking noise from the dash (relay sound)

Hi Yes, ESP requires discs I believe. Im glad to hear that you have them. Looks like the borchure is wrong. Cheers Ian
  6. 1,2 TSI Clicking noise from the dash (relay sound)

Hi, Have any of you gor the 1.2tsi with Stabilility? If so has your car got rear disc brakes? Cheers
  7. Is the FR engine any more reliable than the Cupra one?

Hi, I was just wondering if the 1.4 150hp engine used on the Ibiza FR is any more reliable than the one used in the Cupra? I have heard of a fair few engine management problems with the Cupra engines. Cheers Ian
  8. Have new DSG Gear gator but button not right!

Hi, Yes they did, but with one with the button problem :s
  9. Have new DSG Gear gator but button not right!

Hi, I have done this, and they have taken photos to send off to Seat. Will be interesting to see what happens
  10. Have new DSG Gear gator but button not right!

Hi, I have had the gear lever gator replaced on my DSG Ibiza as the other one had several splits in it. But! the button on the new lever seems to stick out too far showing the inside of the button and the cable connection. Heres a photo of it...
  11. Any news on 2012 facelift?

Would this replace the 1.4 150bhp?
  12. Any news on 2012 facelift?

Hi, I have heard talk of a major facelift for the Ibiza in 2012. Does anyone have any information about this? Any interior/ engine/ spec. changes? Cheers Ian
  13. How long before reversing sensors will be available again..

Hi, The factory fit ones on my 2009 Ibiza SC are mounted in the black plastic section on the bottom of the bumper, not on the painted part. Surely the dealer fit ones go here? I still can't see why I cannot add them as a factory order? Ian
  14. How long before reversing sensors will be available again..

So nobody knows when reversing sensors will be a factory fit option again? I quite like the way the radio cuts to lower volume when I select reverse and the parking sensors activate. I imagine this would not happen with dealer fit sensors?
  15. How long before reversing sensors will be available again..

Its been no stock for about 5 months now :confused:
  16. How long before reversing sensors will be available again..

Hi, I have noticed that you still cannot configure a new ibiza with parking sensors. This is apparently due to a 'shortage' of the sensors (weirdly enough only on Seats, not VW or Audi!) Anyone have any ideas how long this shortage will continue for? Cheers Ian
  17. Gear stick gaitor

Hi, Yes mine has holes in it too. I am waiting for the dealer to get the new one in. DO they replace the complete gear lever and fascia too (where the D N P letters are etc) Cheers Ian
  18. Windscreen Replacement Already

Hi, When you say stone chip I assume you mean a proper chip going through a layer of the glass? I have a couple of very small surface only chips, no more than 1mm across, that would be too small to have repaired (theres nothing for the glass filler to get a purchase on) I assume these are...
  19. New Keys

Latest development.... The keys arrived on 16th, but then the garage said they were waiting for the security code from Seat in order to be able to code them. Six days later no code apparently so I called Seat customer care. They called the dealer and apparently the dealers diagnostic and...
  20. New Keys

Well the keys have arrived! I am taking the car in Friday to be coded. Lets see how much they charge me for the coding, or if there may be some goodwill in this fiasco. I will certainly be letting the sales guys know my thoughts! Hope all is well Ian
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.