Search results

1. wisejason

Forge recirculating/BOV

They sell a service kit on the web site for 15 quid.... simply take it off, unscrew the top, clean, grease the gaskets and new piston, screw backup. There is also a download guide on their website.
  2. wisejason

Temp gauge has a mind of its own

In cooler weather mine sat at 60'ish and maybe raised to 75-80 after a fast drive. But as soon as you went back to normal driving it dropped right off again. I'd say you probably do need to change it. Now the cold weather is here it would be worth a considering.
  3. wisejason

no mate... I've never checked it using the display. It gauge is good enough for me - it never sat at 90 until fixed.
  4. wisejason

Just done the thermostat on my Cupra. Think it was 14 quid from GSF and there is a rubber gasket in the box so dont by an extra one. GSF also now do order/delivery online. Now sits at 90 perfectly... Best tools for changing it are 1/4" deep 10mm socket and extention bar (trust me I tried...
  5. wisejason

V Power etc?

I tend to stick to Tesco 99 for Sainsbury 97(think used to be 98) because they are convenient. I think the biggestest difference when using any of the 97+ fuels is the car is smoother and I end up with around 20-30 miles more per tank. So extra cost at the pump evens out against smoothness and...
  6. wisejason

Exhaust

I went for Milltek a few years back and it has not missed a beat. Read my original write up: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212882
  7. wisejason

Stage 2 no fmic

I've just refitted my SMIC as I got fed up of the slight lag and pipes popping off my Toyosports FMIC. But now there is no fog light and plastic there the intake temps on the SMIC are just as good (but it is colder at the moment!). I wish I had spent the extra and got a Forge one. I ended up...
  8. wisejason

AntneeUK's Mostly Standard LCR210

yes mate... will shout ya if needs be.
  9. wisejason

Thinking about doing it myself to save on the labour... my estimate is about right. Thanks mate.
  10. wisejason

just out of interest what did that set you back mate... the LC is sitting on the drive with no clutch pedal at the momment. I working on around £700 for clutch/fly/slave/fitting as a ball park guess.
  11. wisejason

Jetex Induction Kit/Cone Filter.

if you warm up the 25mm breather filter outlet in hot water you can push it over the 28mm SAI pipe and there is no need for jubilee clips or mods to the SAI outlet.
  12. wisejason

Toyosport Intercooler Fitting Problem's?

Had it a couple of months I recon. I will agree that as time has pasted and the shine of the off takes has reduced due to the pipes sliding back, plus I'm more on top of checking them. So it is fairly infrequent now. With regards to the silicon couplers and the clamps... I think that mine...
  13. wisejason

...not on mine. All the main connections are done, just not the two small take off's (as per picture on Toyosports web site show it - but it is hard to tell). I know via PM that another couple of SCN'ers have also had the same problem.
  14. wisejason

... its not really a £400 quid saving though. Forge give SCN a 10% discount and then you have to take into account the extra cost of new joiners etc. The advantage the Toyosport kit has over other kits of (i.e. unversal eBay) is that the pipes are beaded (except for the take offs) so the only...
  15. wisejason

Having fitted a Toyosports FMIC to my LC I wish I'd gone for the Forge kit. By the time you have changed the silicon couplers and got someone to TIG weld the take offs for the DV/N75(?) you will of spent another £100. Forge would of been a simpler install IMO. The Toyosports FMIC does an...
  16. wisejason

How much difference will decent tyres make?

Type 'tyre poll' in the thread search in the Leon Mk1 section that the first three hits explain all. Currently running Hankook V12's which are great, but now running near the tread markers and starting aquaplane in heavy rain (same for all tyres)... will either stick with these when replacing...
  17. wisejason

Jetex Induction Kit/Cone Filter.

I would of thought that it would be close to the bolt hole for the original airbox - you could then simple reuse that bolt with a washer if needs be.
  18. wisejason

Amateur Racing

the Pug 106 or Saxo VTS would be a good little car to rag round a track. Better to have a smallish car/engine that you have to really work rather than a bigger car/engine. Keep it cheap and don't flash cash on mods. The only down side to sharing a car for this sort of thing is the fact that...
  19. wisejason

fmic turned up 2day :)

seen that cooler on another LCR on here. It looked like a really good fit and decent mounting points as well.
  20. wisejason

Can an oil catch can let too much oil down the intake?

yes mate... I was thinking of tapping into the looped outlets for my boost guage rather than take it off the FPR.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.