Search results

1. mr_D

mk3 ibiza 4x4 gt3071 track build engine pics inside

I will be sure to whip his ass into gear when I see him. Also I will take the camera along for some shots :D
  2. mr_D

mk3 ibiza 4x4 gt3071 track build engine pics inside

You my friend are an absolute f*%$ing legend. I will be around on saturday for a nosey :D get the kettle on.
  3. mr_D

The passenger door wont unlock or open even the window wont close

cant you open the door from the inside?
  4. mr_D

Ignition Off Dial Lights stay on

is your indicator in the on position? my bora does this and im sure most of the vag range does.
  5. mr_D

How much have you spent!

on the cupra i spent about 5k in the 2 yrs i owned it. i wont say what i spent on the scooby after the ibiza
  6. mr_D

Brembo help.

everything is possible. just have to find someone to make the correct adapters and then discs accordingly.
  7. mr_D

mr_D's cupra (new pics on last page, updated 15/9/08)

ah thinking about the bora. been 2 years give me some credit lol. silver cupra. not sure on correct name now lol. and dai apparently its running 300bhp now. all green under the bay. i do miss it. but thats why i am keeping my eye open for a non runner or cat c damaged one
  8. mr_D

Brembo help.

correct. if you can get them made and the right connection for the caliper then shouldnt be an issue
  9. mr_D

Major Problems. :(

what engine model is it mate?
  10. mr_D

external wastegate vs actuator

wasnt welded properly then ;)
  11. mr_D

breaks jamming on

get the code using vagcom. can work from that then. if they are jamming on im guessing something is up with abs.
  12. mr_D

lost first gear HELP PLEASE.

resetting the linkage aint a problem. easy to do. 2 pins on the selctor
  13. mr_D

mr_D's cupra (new pics on last page, updated 15/9/08)

Anyone know? Wheres my car is? (obviously not mine anymore) Ibiza cupra. reflex silver. yx51 ckc. believe it was sold again on ebay back a couple of months ago. any rumors are its running 300bhp now?
  14. mr_D

Knocking noise when cold

not really. as the noise you explain sounds engine related. as it goes once warm.
  15. mr_D

Removing battery..a problem..!

get a nice long screw driver and you need to push the thing down and then pull the arms forward slightly. should release it enough to pull it up
  16. mr_D

Knocking noise when cold

oh and whats the mileage
  17. mr_D

Knocking noise when cold

when did you last change the oil? is there enough oil in it. now i think it could just be the tappets. they cant be adjusted on these. nothing to worry about!
  18. mr_D

Diff - Traction Control?

sounds like it might not be nothing new then. unless you have an issue with yours. cant say i have ever heard the noise you mention. but on the other hand do you get this on solid ground?
  19. mr_D

Knocking noise when cold

strange one. might be worth getting someone to have a listen. im trying to think what it could be. but passenger side in bay is gearbox, linkage, shaft, is it a clicking as in relay clicking or clicking as in metal catching something. does it happen all the time?
  20. mr_D

Diff - Traction Control?

if you want to go fast keep it for the track ;) ok so coming off gravel it also makes the noise. i would be checking down by the wheel and drive shafts. nothing catching at certain points. everything done up tight. also check the bearings and hub nut. sounds like its a pressure thing!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members