Search results

1. Poochy

1.4tsi remap

Might be a silly question but if you went APR but didn't have cruise control, how would that work out? - would you just be unable to switch or?
  2. Poochy

Oh No :(

I don't want to rain on the parade but ive heard nothing but bad things from Cardiff. I've never taken my car there but a mate of mine has and they've made silly mistakes, e.g. Changing oil and not putting lid back on, managing to get aircon fluid into his passenger footwell (these were all just...
  3. Poochy

Thinking of getting another Cupra Or Boca?

Think the updated software came before the engine for a quick fix. Ngk that's the make most people use for their sparks I believe. Ah maybe it is longer, definately cooler though. New engine has the new rings and pistons.
  4. Poochy

Thinking of getting another Cupra Or Boca?

Apologies if I'm wrong, as I don't own a mk5 and I've been reading mainly polo 6r information. What I've come across is; New software update for older models New spark plugs are neccessary, even more so if tuning (colder, shorter ones - someone will be able to provide you with the...
  5. Poochy

Ibiza MPG

I know this a mk5 thread but I'm considering a mk5 cupra/boc/polo/fabia Currently got a pd160 cupra mk4 and getting 370-400miles out of the 40ltrs (until trip says 0) I do short journeys, apart from my 50 round trip to work. so would a cupra/boc get near that sort of miles per tank?
  6. Poochy

High pitch whistle

Revive of my old thread. Still getting this problem, I've taken in to the garage but they say they not sure what it is. As everything seems fine in regards to everything mentioned about. Anyone else found a fix? My car has done over 7,000miles with this now and it's pretty annoying. Although...
  7. Poochy

High pitch whistle

So i'm assuming you mean the pipes towards the top and left of the engine. There was a bit of oil from around the oil cap and neck of the oil entry but i'm assuming thats from where its been serviced. I've now cleaned that to make sure no oil reappears. As you can see, fair bit of play in...
  8. Poochy

High pitch whistle

Thanks for reply, newbie question though, where do I need to look? Or is this ramp job to look? Also noticed my boost pipe isn't firmly connected and has a bit of play on in it. Taken a pic to upload.
  9. Poochy

High pitch whistle

Hi, pd160 70kmiles, turbo popped at 63k, replaced with a new turbo - all good but last week, after putting on my air con, I had a high pitch sound as soon as the boost kicks in up until 2k revs, as soon as it hits that, the sound dissappears (I believe). Now I haven't used my air con since...
  10. Poochy

Creaking cupra brakes

Week ago, belt, fluids and water pump changed. First time I've had this, so I'm guessing possibly air in brake fluid? Before I heard it the brake did feel a bit spongym But car this occur just out of nowhere? Brakes been working fine, until the last 5mins of journey
  11. Poochy

Creaking cupra brakes

Just being driving car, then all of a sudden when I pressed the brake pedal, I heard a creaking noise coming from the front brakes. Just parked it on a slope and everytime I press the break I hear it (and no car isn't moving, hardbrake on). I can also feel it through the pedal. Any...
  12. Poochy

Ibiza FR tdi engine stutter

By stuttering do you guys mean, the same stutter you get if you try and do 30mph in 4th? Where the revs are sitting around 1,500. I find I need to stay in 3rd for 30mph because of it. I got a 07 cupra
  13. Poochy

Car decisions

11/61 plate
  14. Poochy

Car decisions

My current car is Mk4 Cupra TDI (remapped), just decided to blow the Turbo (currently on 63,000), now I've heard loads of horror stories where people have replaced the turbo, only for it to go again. So i'm thinking of purchasing a new car with warranty on a finance package. The part i'm...
  15. Poochy

Hose lose?

No problem and thanks. Well I've had the car since 22000, serviced it every 10,000 at seat dealership with seat parts, warmed up and cooled down properly, and always used the rev range from 2,250-4,000revs, so i think it was just the luck of the draw. I wouldn't be put off too much...
  16. Poochy

Hose lose?

Got to laugh :p Kk thanks
  17. Poochy

Hose lose?

Lol. Doubt ill hybrid Does £900 for a new turbo sound about right?
  18. Poochy

Hose lose?

Haha, but then I woould need a new clutch, flywheel, hoses Tbh makes me feel like fixing it and selling it now :( nearly 2 years of ownership
  19. Poochy

Hose lose?

Just been told the turbo bearing has gone. So new turbo and fitting, roughly £1400, sound about right?
  20. Poochy

Hose lose?

It kinda does sound like that, I hear it more when I'm slowly taking off, probably due to the engine being quiter though I suppose. Not what I want to hear :( Changing the MAF at the moment, seems all pipes are intact. But little google research said that could be a sign of a failing turbo too...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise