Search results

1. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

It will cost you more than 1k to get over the 200 BHP mark. A very good so called basic stage1 remap of the TDI 130/150 should yield 175/185 bhp and to save upgrading clutches etc should develop a more modest 280 lbft. Remaps cost anything from £250 to £500. So for a modest outlay you will...
  2. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

It all really depends where you are in the country and how far you are willing to travel. I for one would without doubt recommend RSTuning, Paul seems to be the master of Stage 2 TDi tuning at the moment, he really knows how best to tune these cars. RSTuning are a supplier of Turbo Dynamics...
  3. This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

Sounds promising then...... I don't get VW/Audi the new 3.0 audi engines are going to be Supercharged and not turbocharged to match BMW - yet they release a brand new Twin Turbo 1.4 engine, when all along they have a twin compressor engine. All seems very odd.
  4. This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Seat-Ibiza-Cupra-and-Ecomotion-first-photos/ According to CAR it is the same twin compressor set up with just a few more ponies. They might be wrong though, it might indeed be a new engine with two turbos.
  5. This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

All the info I have seen on the A1 has suggested it will use the 1.4 VW family engines. http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Audi-scoop-special-Audi-A1-revealed/ Every manufacture is cutting down engine sizes to benefit greater emmision and fuel economy...
  6. This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

Looks awful in my opinion, the rear bumper just looks like an add on / after thought and the front plastic mesh inserts next to the fog lights look gash. I prefer the cleaner lines of the standard models. Was hoping for a 200 BHP Cupra and a bigger engine than a 1.4, although the 7 speed DSG...
  7. Tuning the 150

I run the traditional Sachs uprated clutch kit with new DMF, it copes with all the Stage 2 power, has never slipped once, and feels as smooth and as easy to use as an original clutch. Unless you are going for big big torque over 450 lbft then avoid the SMF and stick with a DMF and get the...
  8. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

Since I have owned mine I have always got 43 MPG. This was the same when it was standard and through mapping stages 1 & 2. So no fuel economy penalty by going to Stage 2. T Spark, you'll have one continuous smile all the way home... Wait till you feel the pull from 3500 - 4500 RPM... You will...
  9. Price of diesel

Just paid £1.35 for BP Ultimate Diesel. Not nice.
  10. MK2 Leon Cupra TDI

Ahh my Bad.......
  11. Price of diesel

£50 for 38 litres this morning. I went passed another 5 petrol stations to work and unleaded was 115p while diesel was 127-130p. 12-15p difference is now really making me think about owning a diesel. Diesel fuel is at a premium in europe hence the higher prices, but all the government needs to...
  12. MK2 Leon Cupra TDI

VAG Group have been developing a Twin Turbo 2.0 CR TDI engine to compete with BMW, Mercedes, Alfa Romeo, PSA Group with their Twin turbo set-ups. I have been waiting for this engine to appear for along time as it might just make me buy new. Rumours were that the Twin turbo VAG unit will produce...
  13. Price of diesel

£1.29 this morning for BP Ultimate Diesel - £1.25 for regular diesel. BP Unleaded £1.15 and Ultimate £1.19. By september I will be paying £1.45 a litre for BP Ultimate diesel.
  14. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

I have not noticed any real DMF issues at all. The pull is amazing from 3500+ so I tend to drop a gear and then floor it, but it will pull from say 2000 RPM, progressively with no DMF resonance. It's all in the mapping.
  15. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

This was a brand new Turbo as my OE one went bang last feb. Think I paid £700 is + VAT through a trade contact. In all honesty I really don't know the price of the map as my car was used for testing over a period of a few months. For a one off map price you will need to Contact Paul at RSTuning...
  16. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

It has a full Milltek Turbo back, there is no CAT and I have the non resonated system.
  17. 30-70 (3rd gear)

Sorry It was late last night and my eyes were half asleep, yes 2nd/3rd gear. 2nd's only good for 50MPH ish
  18. 30-70 (3rd gear)

I had a quick try tonight, 30-70 in 3rd is off boost for a short while, but still not bad at an average of 5.6. 30-70 in 2nd is awesome 4.5 average, you have to wait for a fraction for the turbo to kick in but when it does, boy does it go. Car had half a tank of Ultimate diesel and it was...
  19. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

I presume so, the TDI 150 and 160 models have large FMIC as standard and mine seems upto the job.
  20. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

Hi Mate, Yes this setup works for the Ibiza Cupra TDI, it will transform your car. Get a Standard RSTuning remap first though, that should take you to 200 BHP and then go Stage 2, it gives you a nice build up.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members