Search results

1. sssstew

Worth restoring?

yeah agreed, it sounds like it would need a lot of investment, and the return if you sold it would be negative. So you would have to do it for the love of the car. So yes, please do it!
  2. sssstew

help derv gurus

getting a view on what those fault codes are would help a lot.
  3. sssstew

2016 SEATCupra.net National Meetup AT TRAX 25th SEPT - 15th Anniversary

I'm gutted I wont be able to make this to catch up with some old members of the site. But a flight back from down under is a bit too costly for this sorry guys. I cant believe that SCN is 15! a great achievement all involved :)
  4. sssstew

Ibiza TDI not starting!!

watched the Vid and it fails to crank, battery ok?
  5. sssstew

Replacing turbo help

Simple. Nice and easy then. Good to hear
  6. sssstew

Replacing turbo help

good to hear. what was the issue in the end then? boost?
  7. sssstew

Replacing turbo help

BXF is the PD 90 engine, i would recommend sticking to the standard turbo, unless you are up for swapping out/sorting out the ECU issues from a different turbo.
  8. sssstew

Servicing Recommendations Please?

yep agreed with above.
  9. sssstew

Servicing intervals - TDI 130

agreed, just drop the oil and filter every 6 months at home, cheap and easy job, then do its more major service at the 20k 12month interval and all will be happy and go on for ages.
  10. sssstew

Ibiza TDI not starting!!

yeah i dont think the second one would cause a fail to start, as its only a warning about the indicator light https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=248734 Is the fuel filter newish and clear?
  11. sssstew

G12 coolant and mixing it

not sure how easy it is to get to the o rings, sorry bud.
  12. sssstew

G12 coolant and mixing it

How much blue did you put in? To be 100% sure you should really flush and refill with G12 only to reduce the risk of build up. Other place for coolant to leak is from the oil cooler into the oil, how is the oil looking? and on the filler cap?
  13. sssstew

Boost problem slow as hell 90bhp

Hmm really could do with getting vagcom on it and doing some logging, MAF requested vs actual and Boost requested vs actual, this will give you a clue as to where the issue is, if no fault codes are logged.
  14. sssstew

cupra tdi hesitates on acceleration

could do with graphing those figures to make it clearer, from a quick look the MAF looks ok, but boost might be the prob, not getting what its requesting.
  15. sssstew

sssstew's 2nd Polo 9n GTI

Thanks :) They are pretty damn strict, theres not much more can be done with it from what i am aware, but actually the roadworthyness is a grey art, the gov dont publish exactly what you arent allowed, its down to the descresion of the inspector, so something that one might pass another might...
  16. sssstew

loosing boost at 3500 revs

yep agreed with muttley. either try clearing it yourself as per above, or you will need to drop the turbo off and clean it up.
  17. sssstew

Rev Limit

it will bounce off a rev limiter, at around 5k from memory. But revving a diesel that high is pointless the drop off in torque is massive at those revs, you should be chaging gear well before to keep on peak torque.
  18. sssstew

sssstew's 2nd Polo 9n GTI

Well after a really shite year after selling my original Polo GTI, I am so pleased to have got through it all now and have been able to hunt down another one (and not for a silly high price like some want on online down under), after some chat i bought a fellow VWWatercooled forum members car...
  19. sssstew

Glow Plug Thread?

moved to the TDI section as its not mk3 specific.
  20. sssstew

1.9 TDI oil leak

yep leaking EGR valve is common, gonna need a replacement from memory from what Ross once said.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.