Search results

1. MikeO

Service/MOT/brakes and a moan

They are now owned by Hallfords, but not at the point when I got the MOT done. Only reason that I got the MOT done there 2 years ago, was because it needed a warranty job done and they were the only garage round here (one -ve point for living in the back of beyond) that was a Warranty Direct...
  2. MikeO

An old thread but... two years on and the car just sailed through the MOT again on same disks/pads. And on querying the MOT tester, he said and I quote "still loads of life in them yet". Fair enough I don't do that much of a mileage theses days and car only done 42K (I'm also VERY light on my...
  3. MikeO

Alarm light in door flashing fast

Thanks for that. Think I might get a new battery before Christmas just to be on the safe side. Suppose I can't complain, it's the original one! So that makes it heading towards 8 years old! I always like to get value for money (ha). :D
  4. MikeO

Alarm light in door flashing fast

Now I'm starting to wonder if I was imaging it! Car not used the last 10 days as there is an icy slope in front of my garage. Though I have had the battery on charge a couple of times during this period just to make sure no starting issues. Came to lock up garage tonight and noticed that the...
  5. MikeO

Rear ratlle

Again... if interior. Sounds daft I know. But try removing each of the rear head rests one at a time. The passenger side rear one makes a hell of a racket in my car (and always has). Remove head rest and noise stops. Never been able to sort it.
  6. MikeO

Fault code 17911 query

Well... Just spent the best part f half an hour peering under my bonnet. Even with the plastic engine cover removed and a 1,000,000 candle power torch. I can't see anything that looks like the widget in the pictures in the thread mentioned above. I'm assuming the pictures in the thread mentioned...
  7. MikeO

Fault code 17911 query

Volt meter in car seems to imply that full charging is occurring right from tick over. Not had time to take a look this afternoon as too busy. I'll dig out a torch and see if I can find the mentioned wire/s and give them a wiggle tomorrow. TBC
  8. MikeO

Fault code 17911 query

Thanks folks. I'll have a look later this afternoon if time.
  9. MikeO

Interesting thing is (see earlier in thread). Never got an advisory on the MOT last year. Just a "hard sell" from Nationwide Auto to have them done! They even marked them as a red item (IE. urgent) on my bill. Life...
  10. MikeO

Fault code 17911 query

Hi everyone (again) The following code has started to appear (have re-set / cleared it a couple of times now). 17911/P1503 - Load signal from alternator term. DF: Range/Performance/Implausible signal Now I've had a look at several other threads about this and have seen that the...
  11. MikeO

G62 temp sensor query

Thanks guys. I'll try the Skoda garage first. As I'm dropping my sisters Fabia in for some warranty work tomorrow. Failing that, I'll speak to Sere Motors.
  12. MikeO

G62 temp sensor query

Hi Been getting engine code 17664/P1256 - Engine coolant temp circuit (G62): open / short to B+ for a while now. From reading the forum, it appears that the G62 sensor being on the blink is quite common. So have finally decided to get it replaced. But... don't have a SEAT dealer...
  13. MikeO

An old thread this one. But thought i would post an update... Twelve months on and just had another MOT and surprise, surprise (ha) it sails through with no problems. Should point out that I'm on the same pads/discs (front & rear) that good old Nationwide Autocentre last year tried to convince...
  14. MikeO

Powdercoating Predicament

Hi At some places you can leave your car for the day and pick it up the next. At best you are without your motor for a day and a half. Either that, or hire a cheap car for a couple of days. No help to you where you are situated. But the folks that did my wheels, turned them round in a day...
  15. MikeO

I can't get my wheels off !!!

Good point. But I suspect they can see / feel the pads when it's up on the ramp (IE. when they are under the car).
  16. MikeO

In a fit of paranoia... Just wiped a front / rear wheel off and besides the usual over tight bolts fitted by the tyre fitter, they came off fine (looked like he might have even used copper ease on the wheel/hub facing). Last thing I wanted was trying to get a wheel off in a dark / wet day...
  17. MikeO

Just sort of thought they would have to, to check them properly. O'well... just shows what I know. You live and learn... :)
  18. MikeO

They certainly "should do", to check pad thickness and state of disks. Though I have my suspicions that some garages don't!
  19. MikeO

EEEK! Got mine powder coated last summer! Lets hope they are OK to get off come the MOT next month! Emmm. Think I might just make sure sure and remove one of the rears myself when I have a minute. There's always something exciting (exciting?) just round the corner :)
  20. MikeO

As already mentioned by someone above... Put your bolts back in hand tight, lower car to ground and remove jack etc. then just drive it a few feet. Turning the car in a circle is sometimes the best method. This is guaranteed to break the seal between wheel and hub.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.