Search results

1. chrisjgill

1.0 TSI - driving experience compared to a turbo diesel

I can't speak for the 1.0 TSI used within the VAG group, however I have recently driven a 1.0 ecoboost 125ps and a hyundai 1.0 120ps engine Having come from a 2.0 TDI 170, I can say they are slower to pick up speed and less urgency from a standing start. In gear is not as bad as I thought it...
  2. chrisjgill

New 290 Cupra

See post 26 above. Plus I remember the original post when Keri got the car Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  3. chrisjgill

New 290 Cupra

Hi Keri. Does the leasing company request the money for the car from your insurance? (Assuming it's not recovered) Does GAP protection cover any shortfall? Glad to hear you are able to get another one Fingers crossed you get to enjoy it [emoji4] Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  4. chrisjgill

Turbo problem

Had an issue very similar to how you describe I got a P0299 code come up for an underboost condition The turbo actuator had failed (or specifically the diaphragm within it) I was losing pressure under moderate or hard acceleration. Pretty sure (as others have mentioned on the forum) that a...
  5. chrisjgill

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Has anyone used Stable lease? They have their own PDI center (so assume this is not done by a local SEAT dealer) I wondered if this means a quicker turn around from build to delivery Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  6. chrisjgill

2.0 TDI Bmn Misfire and no power P0299 fault code

I didn't have a misfire but the coil light would come on if I pushed the car above 2k. Plus there was little to no boost The diaphragm had gone on my actuator I got the same error code An actuator repair kit was ordered by my local dealer and fitted Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  7. chrisjgill

2.0TDi Engine Fault - Turbo??

My issue was a failed diaphragm within the actuator. Not sure if this has led to any excessive wear on the turbo I am thinking the noise was the pressure leaking from the diaphragm (but just a guess) The actuator repair kit has been installed and comes with a 2 year warranty. Let's just hope...
  8. chrisjgill

Ibera tyre pressure

Mine are 32 front and 29 back Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  9. chrisjgill

2.0TDi Engine Fault - Turbo??

I have what's sounds to be the same problem P0299 code came up which I cleared but has since come back after the engine warning light came on and loss of boost. When the boost does seem ok, the noise when blipping the throttle sounds louder than normal. Like I can hear the turbo Could this...
  10. chrisjgill

Video reviews of Cupra 290 2019

Here are a few: Hope this helps [emoji106] Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  11. chrisjgill

Leon cupra lease deal ‘complete care’

Stable lease are advertising the non Lux model @ £295 a month with 10k miles. That's based on a 6 + 23 payment profile Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  12. chrisjgill

Good price or not?

I think the facelift (FL) was late 2009. I have an April 2010 model and have owned it for over 9 years. Top car. I've done over 126k in mine so don't expect it to fetch much (I have been quoted around 2.5 to 3k) The car you are looking at has very good mileage for its age. If it's the FL I'd...
  13. chrisjgill

2.0 TDI FR 170 continually failing emissions tests

My 2010 CR has a 0.5 plate reading (although the recent MOT document shows 0.05) I had a pass with an average reading showing 0.0 The oil temp was at 77 degrees MOT was done in April just gone Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  14. chrisjgill

Cupra Colours

I was looking to use select car leasing or stable lease. My trouble is not knowing if I stick with SEAT or switch to VW or Skoda. I do like the grey but think black always looks nice and stealthy I won't get white again as I've had mine for 9 years now. Need a change Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003...
  15. chrisjgill

Cupra Colours

Sorry to hear your car was stolen. I liked that blue colour. Didn't realise it wasn't easily available anymore - I wonder if that's due to this model reaching the end of production. I like the grey on a Golf GTI, not sure if the SEAT grey is similar Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  16. chrisjgill

New Cupra 290 Delivered - I'm officially one of you now!!

That's a good deal. All I can see on the website for 2 years and 10k miles is £287 on personal terms Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  17. chrisjgill

Failed MOT - Headlamp light intensity

Thanks for the replies I have had some diagnostics run on the car and the power ballast is at fault I've read on here of other people sourcing parts from eBay and fitting themselves The cost is high for a genuine part Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  18. chrisjgill

Failed MOT - Headlamp light intensity

My car has just failed it's MOT due to the nearside front headlight not having enough intensity. It's classed as severely reduced, hence the fail I had the bulb (D1S) replaced a few weeks ago (as the headlamp had stopped working) The replacement bulb got things working but clearly there is...
  19. chrisjgill

How long did you clutch last?

Still on original clutch @ 125k. Standard map though Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
  20. chrisjgill

PFL 2007 Xenon fault

I've been quoted around £150 if it needs replacing [emoji17] Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk