Search results

1. chrisjgill

Failed MOT - Headlamp light intensity

My car has just failed it's MOT due to the nearside front headlight not having enough intensity. It's classed as severely reduced, hence the fail I had the bulb (D1S) replaced a few weeks ago (as the headlamp had stopped working) The replacement bulb got things working but clearly there is...
  2. chrisjgill

iPod Cable

Got my iPod cable today and plugged it in only to find it didnt work and said the accessory was not supported. I checked the settings under media and switched on the AUX2 input. I remember reading this in the manual! It still says the accessory is not supported on the iphone 3gs screen...
  3. chrisjgill

My new Leon FR 170 (Facelift)

Picked up my new facelift Leon FR 170 today from Hobin of Bury Great service for Paul and I love the car. I've only driven about 40-50 miles so far with mostly motorway but find it a big improvement over my pre-facelift Leon FR DSG. I do miss aspects of the DSG but the car feels well built...
  4. chrisjgill

Question on FR DSG box - how smooth?

Hi, Picked up my new FR DSG 08 last week and love it! One question though - I know the engine needs a good running in period but should the DSG box feel really smooth when changing up/down in normal D mode? Mine feels a little cluncky at times and i didnt expect to feel the gears...