Search results

1. Nick Cupra R

Front caliper on 1.8 GTI 16v

Whatever is easier to be honest. I don't know what is involved with a repair kit, I guess dismantling the caliper and re-greasing it etc.? I don't mind spending a bit more money if it saves me time and effort as long as a "bit" more isn't silly money in comparison. I suspect a new caliper to...
  2. Nick Cupra R

Front caliper on 1.8 GTI 16v

My front right caliper has started binding, the front right brake is obviously on when it shouldn't be as after a few miles the front right brakes are VERY hot and smell like I've done 15 minutes around Donington! The car also feels slow due to the brake being on. I took the wheel off and...
  3. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

As I said I still have mine, just drop me a PM or something to let me know if anyone wants to buy it off of me. It comes complete with the tool for cleanly removing the door card if I remember correctly. I always meant to fit it to my car as it would have really been nice to have (that is why...
  4. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

I never did fit my kit to my Leon Cupra R and have since sold the car! It is still in the jiffy bag it was sent in. :redface: If anyone wants it I'll sell it on (assuming I can find it). EDIT: I've now sold the Autowindow kit :)
  5. Nick Cupra R

SEAT Immobiliser problems?

Cheers Mark, I'll have a look at the weekend and check the connections. I'll try and sort it out myself rather than having to call you up again ;) GTI 16v, I've only had the car a matter of weeks so am still discovering its "features". The fault code was definitely relating to the immobiliser...
  6. Nick Cupra R

Thanks Mark, as I expected from what you said on Saturday to be honest. Where is the immobiliser located? Is it a little black box somewhere near the steering column?
  7. Nick Cupra R

I’ve just got myself a nice tidy Mk2 Ibiza 1.8 16v GTi as a runabout. I'm having some problems with the SEAT immobiliser. The car has a fancy after market alarm / immobiliser which is working fine but the SEAT immobiliser is still operating and causing problems. Sometimes the car will start...
  8. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

I haven't even got round to fitting the original Reflex unit I bough last year! :redface: Must get my arse in gear and get it in! :rolleyes:
  9. Nick Cupra R

SEAT Leon Strut brace

Ouch! Is that a rear lower brace?
  10. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

I still haven't fitted mine! :blink: It is just finding the time to do it :rolleyes: Although it is tempted to pay someone to fit it :idea:
  11. Nick Cupra R

SEAT Leon Strut brace

Phew... that took me for ever to read this thread! :blink: I wish I would have seen it sooner as I have been wondering about strut braces for a while now. I'm after improving the handling of my Cupra R where ever possible and am very interested in a strut brace. While driving (trackday...
  12. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

Yes I paid Express delivery.
  13. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

Got my kit this mornining! Yay! Thanks Scott. It does look quite complicated to fit (as far as the removing of door panels etc. goes). I am a little concerned about damaging the door panel and the plastic membrane, but I think if I am carefull it should be fine. I just need to find time to...
  14. Nick Cupra R

Pollen filter water leak ?

I had a similar thing. The water went to my rear passenger foot well though and it was pretty deep! :eek: They had my car in for 3 days to remove the mats / carpet and dry them out while they put sealent around the pollen filter. It hasn't happened again since.
  15. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

I think I will try and fit it myself also. While I am at it I will try and fit my Bluetooth in car kit for my phone. Shouldn't be too complicated to do... I hope!
  16. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

Still waiting for mine. Ordered on the 29th December. Hopefully it will turn up soon!
  17. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

Finally managed to order mine! Yay! :) Had my Paypal account authorised and all works ok. For those getting PayPal cookie errors when trying to finalise their purchase of the AutoWindow kit this is due to the AutoWindow link at the beinging of this thread opening up their site in a frame...
  18. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

It wont let me spend £68 (with express delivery) without doing the confirm thing :( Looks like I have a credit limit of £0 without doing the confirm bit. :mad:
  19. Nick Cupra R

remote folding mirrors

Damn, can't get PayPal to work correctly! Keep getting an "TEMPLATE [] LOAD FAILED" error below my country after clicking continue. Anyone else having this problem? :cheers: EDIT: Ok so I have now setup a PayPal account directly with them. But it will take a week or so for the $1.95 USD...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.