Search results

1. Insurance prices

So variables aside 900 for a 2ltfsi fr at 30 with “max ncb” doesn’t seem excessive? I pay less on a 3l v6 Mercedes currently [emoji23] ALOT less Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  2. Insurance prices

I am baffled with insurance, I pay more now than I did when I was 21... yet I have 10years no claims and am 30+ in age... I thought it was supposed to get cheaper from 25 .... [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Third-generation Leon has been unveiled.

Mk7 GTI engine would be nice 217hp. Be interesting to see the comparison in price, after driving a mk6 the seat has a lot of work to do.
  4. Petrol Usage

300 miles on £40 is very good, bare in mind £40 is something stupid like 30-32litres. Used to run a 1.4 16v polo 9n sport and 350 miles to a tank on the motorway. The trip computer is pretty rubbish to go off. I was driving a mk6 GTI the other week and the trip went up over the course of the...
  5. Leon mk3?

I don't get why they're putting a 1.8 tsi in the new Leon, the 2l tsi in the golf GTI is perfect, 40-42mpg on a run, pretty quick and smooth.
  6. 450 miles per tank - 1.4tdi (80) ?

Mrs gets 365 mainly motorway miles out of her 1.4 petrol... It depends how you drive and at what speed... My old FR TDI i never really had over 400 miles. If I drove at 60-70 I'd get 60mpg... Drive normally and get mid 40s...
  7. Symptoms pointing towards MAF issue.... Your opinion please!?

Throttlebody clean? Wouldn't hurt to do it anyway...
  8. amount of miles per full tank

My mrs gets about 365ish depends how you drive n all that.
  9. Actuator setup?

Sorry to rob your thread mate, If anyone has a working k03s actulator, pm me as I need one. Regarding your boost issue, have you logged the duty cycle? That should determine if your n75 is broke.
  10. cupra AUQ plug gaps

plenty of threads on other forums regarding it. Its recommended going a stage colder on a remap yeah, so standard is 6... mapped go 7. Gap should be 0.028 mapped or 0.032 standard. Im sure if its between 1 or the other it'll be fine. If it misfires or what not and the coils are fine... then...
  11. fitting thermostat

Best tool is a long 5mm Allen with the round head so you can undo it at an angle, as the bottom nut is a pain. The bolts have a 10mm head if you have a small enough rachet. Don't forget to drain the coolant lol!
  12. cupra AUQ plug gaps

0.032 standard 0.028 mapped? or similar... I run NGKs in my mapped golf and they were gapped fine(checked with a feeler gauge) and double checked for misfires etc via VAGCOM.
  13. Piston rewind tool?

Laser one is a good shout. It did a perfect job on my old car which had 312 discs and same for rear corrado pads. The cyclinder can be flipped over depending the size of the calipers. I got mine from GMF.
  14. What mod would you start with.....?

This thread will be full of posts saying remap soon :). Give it a full service, plugs etc. After a health check including for checking worn out hoses, get a forge 007 valve and a remap :)
  15. Where do you guys get your service parts?

Friend who works for VW parts or a certain mk2 owner on here. :)
  16. Checking waterpump?

Would be a cambelt off job...? You could just check the flow back to the expansion tank... At 4,000 rpm it should be as fast flowing as a hose pipe fully on.
  17. Coolant on lg

I done a fair few miles tonight and run logs... Seems sorted, can be as low as 91.5 on the run but mainly sits at 93.5 at idle it raises to 94.5 did rise for a sec to 97 but dropped as soon as I got going.
  18. Coolant on lg

Will do a proper test drive tonight, but i changed my thermostat today and so far so good. Before i changed it, the hose coming from the stat housing was always hot or warm... since the change its cold. Car settled at 94.5 whilst on my drive and dropped when i revved the engine.
  19. Coolant on lg

any updates on this issue mate?
  20. Coolant on lg

My 1.8t holds at 102 and drops a little on driving... Tuner has told me water pump... Vw mechanic says... Stat or temp sensor... Sensor made no odds so I hope it's the stat... Personally I think pump, but it does push coolant round all the time and at 4k it's like a jet wash, so fingers crossed...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise