Search results

1. Dandle

Warning lights and now won't start

Try these http://www.ecutesting.com/ they are very helpfull on the phone with issues and they will check your unit for a nominal charge and if nothings wrong return it or repair for the quoted cost.
  2. Dandle

Brakes help

I did the brakes on m wifes altea earlier this year. One caliper was seized so i couldn't wind back the piston and the other was really tight but i got it back in. Anyway I replaced the seized one and put the new discs on within 10 miles I had to replace the other and buy a new disc as it had...
  3. Dandle

Location of BCM or Body Control Module

Bit old to be of use now but may be use full for someone else. The module for the control of the cars lights etc is located behind the fuse panel under the steering wheel. Drop the fuse panel down and it only takes ten minutes or so to take it out. The plugs are all on unique locators and are...
  4. Dandle

Altea using a lot of oil and Cream colur gunk on filler cap

Could just be the breathers need a clean. You will get white gunk if the engine is breathing heavy too.
  5. Dandle

MFD2 update

If the bluetooth is working, when you first turn the car on search for it on your phone. As above the code is preset at 1234 to pair. It only stays discoverable to new devices for a couple of minutes after powering up each time.
  6. Dandle

Steaming up!

There has to be somewhere common these are letting water in. My wifes one still steams up but she doesnt have wet carpets or anything, the inside of the screen was froozen earlier in the week. My dads Touran also does the same thing. I just dont know where to look now, ive even put silica bags...
  7. Dandle

Squeaky Windows !!

Its not the wire its the ends that wont hold on, the cables arent made as well as the OEM ones.
  8. Dandle

Squeaky Windows !!

Trust me don't bother with the £12 kit just write ot off to experience or sell it on. It is a pain in the backside to fit and will only break in a few months time, which means you will be pulling the whole door apart again. The only real fix is a new genuine regulator which isnt that expensive...
  9. Dandle

Airbag Light Permantly On

Good info. Thanks for updating the thread and glad you have finally fixed it.
  10. Dandle

Steaming up!

It was on and the recirc was cycling the air in the cabin.
  11. Dandle

Steaming up!

I thought of doing that but it doesnt stop the fact there must be damp somewhere. I tried on recirc the other day to see if that would dry out the air inside but it made it ten times worse. Guess I will have to start looking for a leak somewhere.
  12. Dandle

Steaming up!

Did you ever get to the bottom of the steaming up. My wifes Altea stems up when its damp out side and I am looking for pointers.
  13. Dandle

Squeaky Windows !!

I wouldn't bother with the ebay kit again. Mine lasted a year before that snapped. The regulator from seat comes all built up and is really easy to fit, whereas replacing the cables is a bit of a fiddle and requires two people. The kit I had from ebay was really tight which is why it snapped...
  14. Dandle

2.0 TDI bkd cambelt change

Thats a right pig when that happens. Going to be doing the cambelt soon on my dads Touran with BKD engine.
  15. Dandle

Squeaky Windows !!

The door comes apart quite easily once you know how. A good tip is to remove the speaker early on as that gives you a lot of access to line up the regulator there rather than struggling to move it from the top. Also if you cut off the tie wraps holding the wiring loom it frees the panel up to...
  16. Dandle

Squeaky Windows !!

I replaced the passenger side window cables on my wife's car exactly a year ago with a cable kit from eBay. Three weeks ago one of the cables snapped again so rather than buy the eBay kit I bought a whole brand new regulator from Seat. The whole lot was only £90 and came pre built with new...
  17. Dandle

Airbag Light Permantly On

You need an auto electrician to look at your car if your having these issues. The airbag light should be the last of your worries ATM. Fuses are rated for a reason and the wiring running to those fuses is sized accordingly, by fitting double the rating fuse you are coming to what is likely the...
  18. Dandle

Traction control light on

You can buy a repair kit now cetainly from VW not sure about Seat. Its the same unit though so the repair kit is good for the seat. Costs about £180 inc vat. You just remove the pump, unscrew the two halfs of the pump, fit the new valve block from the repair kit and refit it and bleed the...
  19. Dandle

Brakes gone soft?

Sounds like your brake servo has developed a leak. Take it straight back to your dealer to get it fixed.
  20. Dandle

Tyre ratings help!!

My wifes Golf was the 105bhp model with "T" rated tyres. Your right about the 2.0FSi that is fitted with V rated tyres.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.