Search results

1. mickeykdan

Losing Power Whilst Idle at Traffic Lights

I had just been on a 30 min drive around town. As I was coming home I had to stop at a traffic light. The car was idling fine until i took the handbrake off and put my foot on the gas. For the 2nd time in about 4 months my car cut out leaving me stuck at the front of the queue at the traffic...
  2. mickeykdan

New Air filter = Petrol Smell inside car?

Afternoon all, This afternoon i have removed air box and fitted an air filter cone in replacement along with a breather valve. I am now getting a strong smell of petrol inside the car - I also had the problem when i fitted the cone filter directly on air box after removing interior...
  3. mickeykdan

Filter & Cold air Feed (Minus Original Air Box)

Just a thought.. Is there any advantage in running a cold air feed from grill to an area close to the conical air filter which sits above the throttle body on my car? I have removed the air box and placed the filter straight on top with the help of a few reducers and jubilee clamps. If i run...
  4. mickeykdan

New Mod Ideas

After deep consideration I have decided I am going to keep my 1.4 Ibiza and use it as a project car rather than go to an Audi A3 or VW Bora. I travelled to london on saturday to look at 2 Bora's which were in extremely bad condition which was abit of a put off. I realise i have a tidy car...
  5. mickeykdan

Standard 1.4 SXE WHEEL & TYRE SIZES

Afternoon all, Please could somebody tell me the size of wheel and tyre which come with this 96/97 model as standard please? I can't remember as I have disposed of my old wheels. I do believe they were 13 wheels? Can somebody confirm along with tyre sizes? Thanks
  6. mickeykdan

1:18 Model Car - Seat Ibiza Cupra ?

Afternoon all, Does anybody know if a 1:18 / 1:24 scale model car for a Seat Ibiza Cupra exists? I’ve searched the net but no luck. Most sites do not even offer Seat as a searchable option. Thanks Mickey
  7. mickeykdan

Restoring Sideskirt & Black Trim

I have used back to black up until now however, as always; you get people telling you different. What works for you and what would you suggest?
  8. mickeykdan

Gti / Cupra Sideskirt End Caps

Hi All I am just adding the final touches to my MK2 Pre Facelift Ibiza by adding some Gti / Cupra Side skirts. However, after buying the jacking point covers I now believe 2 end caps on both skirts are missing. Does anybody have any experience of how much these will cost? I can’t imagine...
  9. mickeykdan

Rear Wiper Won't Switch Off

Morning All, I've had this problem for a while, however i have only raised the issue now. My rear wiper works but once in operation which an attempt to depress the rear wiper lever, it does not switch off, What could the problem be here? The only way to turn it off is too turn off the...
  10. mickeykdan

Badgeless Grill Fitment

Morning All, Very simple answer to this question I expect but how easy are badgeless grills to fit? My grill arrived this Morning. I know how to remove panels etc but I assume there are threaded holes to screw the grill behind the plastic trim that sits on the front of the car. Apologies...
  11. mickeykdan

Electric Window Jammage

Hi All, I have a problem with my passenger side window, it goes down fine without any hassle but fails to return to its closed position. To do so, I have to get out of the car, open the door and grab both sides of the window and gently push it up whilst asking somebody to keep the window...
  12. mickeykdan

Two Amp Setup

Evening All. I would like to enquire what further improvements installing a second amp will make to my car audio setup. Sounds like a bit of a blunt and silly question so please do ask me questions so I can gain a decent answer So far I have 1 1600W Mosfet Amp (Tiny Thing, The unit size of...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.