Search results

1. steering wheel controls interface

I have: 2010 FL FR DDX4025BT CTSST001.2 Steering wheel buttons do the following: Volume up/down Track next/previous Track fast forward/rewind Attenuate on/off Annoyingly the phone button does not answer/hang up the phone but will change source with a long press There is no...
  2. condenser leak

Took me about 3 hours, I'm no mechanic though. You'll probably need another pair of hands when it comes to removing and replacing the lock carrier, and also when reconnecting the pipes to the condenser.
  3. condenser leak

Changed mine a few weeks ago, SEAT quoted 295 for a condenser so I went aftermarket. Got new seals from SEAT just to be safe, only a couple of quid. Bumper off, headlights off, crash bar off, then as Muttley said, slide forward the lock carrier whilst supporting the weight of the...
  4. fuel filter change vag com or not

I changed mine a year ago, as you described by filling the housing with fresh diesel, started straight away, no problems...
  5. LED Number Plate bulbs error light solution?

What about these as an alternative? They should give a white light with no errors and not be overly bright. Only negative is they are 10w and not 5, not sure if this would be damaging to the wiring...
  6. CR170 DPF Question...I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE GUYS!

You should be ok. I've been doing short journeys in mine (less than 3 miles to work) for the last 2 years without issue. It gets a good run once a week but hasn't been near a motorway in months and does less than 4k a year. Also running stage 1 revo for the last 4 months, no problems, no warning...
  7. Remap time!

Make sure you speak to someone who knows what they're talking about when you ring your insurance company, when I rang for a quote for my map I was told there wouldn't be an increase in premium, just a 26 pound admin fee. Rang back the day my car was getting mapped to be told £40 plus admin fee...
  8. Parking sensors

I fitted a set of Cobra A0158 parking sensors to my Leon. I would recommend them, they have worked faultlessly for 3 years. I find judging the back of the Leon a real pain as I have to reverse up to some very low walls. Fitting is straight forward: Remove the rear bumper and mount the...
  9. How bad is the dpf problem

I swapped to revo from a sedox map for my cr170. I had a nagging doubt after going to sedox, and Marshalls problems only multiplied that doubt. I wouldn't say my car is any quicker with the revo map, but I do have peace of mind now and that's worth a lot to me.
  10. Side lights for pre-FL Leon

As the chart above shows they give off a white light not blue. I've had them in for 2 years so far so lifetime is good. They contain halogen like a headlight bulb so the same rules apply when fitting...
  11. Side lights for pre-FL Leon

I use these http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/310764440966?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1 They are much whiter than standard sidelights. If you went for LEDs then they would be whiter still making your new bulbs look yellow...
  12. Service time. What parts are best?

When changing my brake fluid recently, I used original VW501.14 fluid after reading this on the mk5gti forum: "But the other killer of modern ESP systems is incorrect brake fluid. Motul RBF600 and other 'race' fluids may be superb on the track - but they really fcuk ESP units. I keep...
  13. tyre pressures, 18's

FL FR TDI on 18" Iberas is 32 front, 29 rear if that helps...
  14. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

None taken mate, you've probably just cost me 400 quid though!
  15. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

Ok here's mine: I think I like it even less now, starts to drop off by 4200 and is producing less than stock by 4700, surely it should have more power all the way to 5k???
  16. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

The sensible thing for me to do is just drive the car and see how it goes, though my map must be basically the same as you got from them which is what concerns me.
  17. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

Yeah the peace of mind is the kicker! The extra 400 quid could be worth it just for that alone, then there's Marshalls comments that the Revo map seems to pull much stronger over 3300 rpm and also on my graph the power and torque both take a big dive at about 4700 rpm such that they are lower...
  18. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

Well my car goes, sounds and feels ok, but I think this is where I'm heading: Current sedox map + could find the cash + no problems + zero peace of mind = change to Revo
  19. Not running right after dpf removal and remap

Ok, Marshall, Shnazzle, I had my cr170 mapped to stage 1 about a month ago by Sedox, now after reading your comments I'm feeling pretty paranoid about my car. I took it there as at the time there were some positive comments about them and I liked the idea of the before and after dyno runs. The...
  20. Cobra parking sensors A0258

I've got the a0158 kit that i fitted to mine a couple of years ago. When calibrating, the car should be as close as you can to 50cm from the wall. This will result in a constant beep at 30cm from an object when operational.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise