Search results

1. JamesL

Leon Boot Shelf/ undertray

Can't remember exactly how much I got for mine but £40/£50 would be about a fair price I would have thought. Wish they did one for my current car, loved mine.
  2. JamesL

Drive The Deal

Heard of quite a few people using DtD price to get their local dealer to shift their price. I'd be frank and say you want to go with the local dealer, would like to support them but at the end of the day they need to price accordingly if they want your custom. They may not (/want) to shift...
  3. JamesL

H7r hid

Bear in mind its personal preference on colour - if you like 8000k then keep them, but make sure they are aligned correctly. Personally, I had a 6000k pair, and when I switched cars, but a 4300k/5000k pair instead. Much prefered the colour - they were much closer to pure white, rather than...
  4. JamesL

MK3 Leon Advert

Door cards trick is pretty cool! Looks good tbh, nothing to drastic looks wise from what I've seen (although not looked too close).
  5. JamesL

Audi V. Seat Interior

I've never thought the seats (ie the upholstery) were that bad but always thought the dash could look a lot better in the leon. Especially compared to the Audi's. It's funny that the mk1 Leon & A3 had a pretty similar dashboard, but then the next models were miles apart.
  6. JamesL

*HELP* Ex-hire car history seems odd?

Unless its an absolute bargain I would walk away as well. Its not really about the mileage, its about the booting it from cold, about the fact you KNOW its not 'one careful lady owner' and you know that it could also have done who knows what else in amongst all those motorway miles. Its bad...
  7. JamesL

Another tragic vm wrap removed

Just been reading the thread on GTR.co.uk, and saw it on Briskoda. Pretty outrageous situation to be honest, I genuinely wonder whether its arrogance (that the wrap won't get taken off, or that it will be too late by the time it does get taken off) or stupidity (that they didn't think it would...
  8. JamesL

Cat D damaged car worth a look?

Due to hail stone damage?! Was it in the filming of The Day After Tomorrow or something?!
  9. JamesL

JamJay's BMW 135i (That no-one cares about because it's not VAG)

Sounds like even more of an animal! All lot power through the back wheels... :blink: I'm allowed to care about this thread though since I don't own anything VAG at the moment either :D
  10. JamesL

My dash clocks look different? MK2 Leon

PD is Pump Duese, VAG-developed diesel injection technology. Pre-facelift. Common Rail is the injection method the rest of the manufacturers use (pretty much) which VAG also now use on facelift models. As to price - no idea. Probably just happens that they have had more claims on the 08...
  11. JamesL

Seat garage in Kent ( near Medway) that's not hidsons

Bought my first Leon from Westerham and was very impressed with the service I received at the time (several years ago now!)
  12. JamesL

Glow plug Harness

It just pops on and pops off, so there shouldn't be anything holding onto it. The first couple of times I removed mine it was stiff though - I looped a zip tie round it to give me something to grip to, and then just put the zip tie right next to the part which attached to the plug, rather than...
  13. JamesL

A few more laughs ....

Love those.
  14. JamesL

Ice on inside of windscreen?

Are you sure its not damp inside your car? I had this in mine a couple of times when my door seals were blocked (on a Leon). My girlfriend has a soft top and she had this until we put some silica gel in the car.
  15. JamesL

Hard accel/running in

You guys say that but my car definitely pulls better having had a few miles but on the clock than when it was brand new.
  16. JamesL

Lowest insurance costs

Can't remember the exact cost, but I paid ~£100 a couple of years ago - probably when I was 20/21. Needless to say it was a mistake, but the still honoured it. Ended up writing the car off while I was on that policy. Must be karma!!
  17. JamesL

Hey guys

Hi Adrian, welcome to the forum! I see you've been making the most of the 'try before you buy' feature ;) Enjoy.
  18. JamesL

Hill Start Aid

On my Alfa, I've occasionally come to a hill, sat with my foot on the brake, then decided to put the handbrake on instead. After 2 seconds you feel the brakes release. I guess if you were to do the same you should find out whether or not you have HH, just make sure you keep your foot on the...
  19. JamesL

Newby from Berkshire

Hi Welcome to the forum! I'm also from Berkshire, although I've recently got rid of my Cupra. There is a readers ride forum if you want to set up a thread about your car! James
  20. JamesL

Anyone had the instructions book

Mine used to live in the passenger side door card pocket.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.