Search results

1. mk1 MAP Sensor location 1.6 EGR trouble

Faringdon mid way between Oxford and Swindon, bit far to go for help with the car though! If none of those sort out the light then I'm stumped. MAP sensor is easy though if it comes to that, you'll have it changed in half hour
  2. mk1 MAP Sensor location 1.6 EGR trouble

If it's just the engine light remaining have you cleared the code? If not you may find it's just from before is all. If it is just the code they reset after a while, I don't know the exact numbers but if it hasn't recurred after so many cycles it clears. I drove mine for a while with out even...
  3. mk1 MAP Sensor location 1.6 EGR trouble

Not sure how much a garage would charge as it's literally a 2 minute job with a registered version of VCDS. Have you posted up in the Vagcom requests section to see if anyone local to you can do it? As far as I'm aware though it needs doing as soon as it's unplugged but wait for someone more...
  4. mk1 MAP Sensor location 1.6 EGR trouble

Did you realign the EGR after replacing/cleaning it? You need a registered copy of VCDS to do it unless someone can advise you otherwise on that. And if yours is the BCB engine code then from the front of the car looking down the MAP is top left. You'll need to take off the plastic cover and...
  5. Seat Leon 1.6 16V Coilovers.

In addition to the guides this may help. Take car to local garage and get them to undo item 17 both sides with air gun. Gently tighten and drive home carefully! Jack and support car, remove wheel and open bonnet. Undo item 11 and pivot drop link (7) out the way. Undo hub by removing...
  6. Seat Leon 1.6 16V Coilovers.

It's all shown in post two of the guide with pics that may make it easier but basically the top mounts and bearings are held onto the strut by the little flat threaded bush shown in the guide, then that whole assembly bolts into the car from the wheel arch where it's held from the engine side by...
  7. Seat Leon 1.6 16V Coilovers.

Get doing it in the wet mate, I did! Took me 4 hours for the front, one side took 3:15 and the other 45 mins and about 1:30 for the rears. When you come to get the new shock into the hub is where I had trouble, sandpaper/wet and dry to dress any corrosion out the inside of the hub, plenty of...
  8. Seat Leon 1.6 16V Coilovers.

Just done my fronts, got the rears and then set up ride height tomorrow. I followed this guide for cupra. It's got everything you need explained. Have you bought new top mounts, bolts etc? But I didn't need to do this bit
  9. Driveshaft rubbing on ARB

It always looked fairly level but then I didn't really check much until the rubbing started. Had a look today when I went out with the Mrs and I can get 2 fingers in the left arch ago and 1 in the right. Hoping new springs and shocks will sort it as I don't want to throw money at it.
  10. Driveshaft rubbing on ARB

I'll look into it when I get back to the Uk in a month then. cheers for the advice
  11. Driveshaft rubbing on ARB

It's got new top mounts in now. You think its possibly time for a new kit then, think the lowering kit has done close to 70,000miles! I'm wary of spending more to not fix it is all
  12. Driveshaft rubbing on ARB

Jom 35/40mm shocks and springs, think I bought it from DPM performance years ago too. I had a look into the usual lowering rubbing but what's puzzling me is why it's happening now when it didn't used to and why the visual difference between the the two sides which I've never noticed before.
  13. Driveshaft rubbing on ARB

As the title really, always the right hand side, happens when on full right lock, long sweeping fairly fast right hand bends and on bumpy straight sections. Car is a 1.6sx that's been lowered for around 5 years with no issues until recently. I was told it was probably ARB bushes so replaced...
  14. Grinding/scrapping when turning tight

I've got this on my car at the moment, the ARB is fouling the drive shaft when I turn out the parking in front of my house with full right lock. May be worth a quick look to see if there is any scoring on the driveshaft
  15. OMFG! Best £89 I've ever spent...

I had this done about a year ago to my 2004 N/A 1.6 Leon and it made a difference for me, was smoother in gear, seemed to have a bit more go to it in the midrange (as much go as 105bhp can have anyway!), and mileage was up. I also had an emissions test before and after, some already pretty...
  16. Loss of power at constant speed

It was with a quarter tank full this time on flat level ground
  17. Loss of power at constant speed

Today was overtaking a lorry on a dual carriageway in my car, i have a 1.6 16v BCB engine. At about 70mph constant speed, ie not accelerating, the car seemed to lose power and just started to slow as though I'd lifted completely off the throttle or was gently braking. After several seconds it...
  18. Leon MK1 Cruise Control Guide - Pic Heavy

Excellent guide, had no problems carrying out the job following this, just be aware that if it is cold your fuse box can and will shatter if you try and remove the purple locking device too forcefully! To remove the wipers I used mole grips. Crack the nut slightly but do not remove, slip one...
  19. what have you done to your car today ?

Cleaned it yesterday then a layer of Carlack68 nano systematic care followed by Long Life sealant, and today another layer of sealant. Was ashamed at the amount of dirt the systematic care pulled out the paint, and just how swirly it is!
  20. Wing adjustment

I'll have a look in mine when I do it tomorrow, weather permitting
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.