Search results

1. Front assist - how sensitive is yours and do you think it would actually work for real?

I have the same as you Piles - on a very similar piece of road with a bollard in the middle like that. The odd thing is the inconsistency - one day it will scream at me, the next day it will scream at me AND put the brakes on pretty hard, and the 3rd day it will do absolutely nothing at all. It...
  2. Does your Formentor have issue with steering?

I have a brand new Leon FR Sport, which has exactly this problem, and I got exactly the same response from the dealer. I am in the UK, and the car veers off quite badly to the right. It's done it since I've had it (about 6 weeks), and hasn't got better or worse the more I've driven it (the car...
  3. Leon FR Sport 2.0 TSi 190- judder in low gears when cold

I have a 19 plate FR Sport 190 DSG, with 23k miles, and that has no judder at all even when cold. Always been really smooth, from new. I do have a really bad rattle from the rear wheel area though!
  4. New ST FR Sport 190 DSG Mystery Blue is here!

Hi all OK an update after my drive down to Cornwall yesterday. The car was fairly well loaded (2 of us plus dog, plus lots of luggage and stuff). Other than 15 minutes of stop-start traffic on the M23, the rest of the journey was fine, no traffic to speak of, so was more or less at the speed...
  5. New ST FR Sport 190 DSG Mystery Blue is here!

Hi guys, cheers for the messages. I had a round trip to Woking (70 miles) today. So far - the main comparison to the 184 is how smooth and 'light' the car feels - guessing a lot of that is down to the lighter engine. It's also quieter (less road noise). Having DSG is so much easier in traffic...
  6. New ST FR Sport 190 DSG Mystery Blue is here!

My long awaited ST FR Sport 190 DSG in Mystery Blue is here (ordered Oct 2018)! I took some photos of old and new cars before the old one was collected this morning (both on contract hire). Here's a link to the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wysZEtWScsYrtJUTA Not had much chance to drive the...
  7. Auto flappy paddle

Pleased you've got yours sorted Stoob as I've been following this thread closely. I was feeling a bit jittery about my new one - my ST FR Sport 190 DSG is due around 15th March but was ordered in October last year. I emailed the leasing company this morning and advised them that I would reject...
  8. Ice on inside of windscreen?!

Me too - I never turn the AC off, and just let it do its thing. I think I'm right in saying that when the temperature outside is below about 3-4 degrees, the AC unit does not come on though? Mr Pig - I remember that from my Mazda 6 (mark 1 facelift 2007) - if you turned the AC off, and it was a...
  9. ST FR 184 manual shuddering and feeling like engine will cut out

Just reviving an old post with the answer I got. Car went in to dealer as was due a service, and they couldn't find anything wrong and no error codes logged. It hasn't misbehaved quite so badly recently, other than a couple of days ago again when cruise control was on, and only a small amount of...
  10. Ice on inside of windscreen?!

Bendy, yes a lot of my journeys are around 1.5-2 miles (home to office) and same as you - not even one bar on the temp gauge. Thank goodness for heated seats! My parents used to have a Leon FR 150 (diesel) which was the same. I do some longer journeys too - I leased the FR 184 diesel because...
  11. Ice on inside of windscreen?!

I also have this on my 2016 FR ST 184, and also had it on my Mk2 FR (petrol). Interestingly, I've never had it to the same extent on any other car I've owned in recent years (Mk1 Leon FR+, Vectra, Mazda 6, Exeo, Citroen C2). I have noticed it's far worse, if you get a day where the...
  12. Power dip in 184 TDI

Oddly, mine did this really badly today. Whether the cold weather (-3 here) made it worse I'm not sure. Mine's a March 2016 model, with 15000 on the clock, no mods. Mine has always done it since new - when calling for a very small amount of power, usually in 3rd gear at 1500rpm, it's most...
  13. Seat Leon Tourer - Road Handling at 60mph +

My Leon ST FR 184 (2016 model) does exactly this - I've also noticed it more on parts of the M25 than on other roads (I think the area around the M3 / A320 is worst, anticlockwise). The original tyres (Bridgestone I think), and the replacements it's now on (Michellin) both do it, there's no...
  14. ST FR 184 manual shuddering and feeling like engine will cut out

Cheers Bendy. I didn't have the severe problems until yesterday either (mine's nearly 3 years old). It's done it again this morning too, plus driving in traffic I keep getting a 'surge' of power to the throttle as if I've floored it. Quite dangerous! Trip to dealer next week I think...
  15. ST FR 184 manual shuddering and feeling like engine will cut out

Hi all, I've always had the noticeable 'stutter' when lifting off the accelerator at around 1500 rpm, usually at low speeds and usually downhill, like others have said. However yesterday, on the M23 in the 50mph limit through the roadworks, with cruise set to 51mph, it started doing it...
  16. 2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Mine is on order ... a FR Sport ST in Mystery blue. Can't wait now I've read you guys' reviews of it. I currently have an FR ST 184 which is a great car (mine has lots of options on it), but really looking forward to the TSI and DSG.
  17. Crawley Servicing Reccomendations

Crawley here too - I've found Euro Seat's aftersales really good, no problems at all. Crawley Down were decidedly hit and miss with the service department, particularly in the latter days. My Exeo was in and out of there almost monthly with parking sensors that kept failing so I knew them well...
  18. Mystery letter from Seat

I got the same 'mystery' letter (I have a March 2016 Leon FR ST 184 TDi). I let the salesman do his pitch, which was that they had a half-empty forecourt of cars and were desperate to buy good quality cars and would pay top money. Then I pointed out my car was on contract hire at which point he...
  19. Leon FR TDI 184

Yup. It takes that long driving for the warning light to go off on my car. The Exeo I had before cleared it much quicker. Interestingly - yesterday I drove to Wales and back, a 300 mile round trip. The last leg was about 1.5 hours of fast motorway driving... and when I got home and parked on...
  20. Leon FR TDI 184

I have the FR ST 184 diesel, and my daily commute is 2 miles each way. The reason I got it 2 years ago is because the contract hire price was much cheaper than any of the petrol FRs. With the DPF - mine will go about 2 weeks with the above commute, and if I've not done any longer journeys (20...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.