Search results

1. lamchops

Wing Mirror Damage

Something similar has happened to my friends leon, if it can't be gently pushed back in you will need to take off the door card to gain access to the fixture.
  2. lamchops

DSG Firmware update - what is different?

Would this update affect a remap?
  3. lamchops

Leon mk2 PD170 Coolant sensor

from memory the 4pin green sensor is from the older models. I recently replaced the coolant sensor on my mk2 140 tdi and its a grey 2pin sensor. Its located to the right of the engine block hidden under the coolant & air flow pipe. I don't know if thats the same set up as the PD170 though. :-S
  4. lamchops

MPG 2.0tdi Leon 140bhp

We both do roughly the same runs to work and back yet he gets more than 200 miles per £30 tank, yet I struggle to get 180miles on a £30 tank of diesel.
  5. lamchops

MPG 2.0tdi Leon 140bhp

tyre pressure is sitting at around 30psi and the wheels had an alignment check not that long ago. A mate of mine who owns a 330d e46 gets a 55mpg return for a 20 mile run.
  6. lamchops

MPG 2.0tdi Leon 140bhp

air and fuel filter was changed 5000 miles ago, oil is changed every 4000 - 6000 miles. i also use millers additive in hope that it would improve the mpg, but it didn't. Is it hard to remove the egr valve btw, i think that might be at fault?
  7. lamchops

MPG 2.0tdi Leon 140bhp

i know this topic may have been covered many times before and i have done a search, but the majority is talking about FRs. I had a fault with the coolant sensor on the leon before and had it replaced since i thought it might have been the cause of my bad mpg. At a 16 mile run without giving it...
  8. lamchops

Hard start when engine is hot

Has any one experienced this on their Leon yet? I've had this problem with my tdi Leon for a while, had it scanned with no faults showing up and then was told the engine coolant sensor might be the problem as it doesn't show up as a fault half the time. So I went and bought a new coolant sensor...
  9. lamchops

Fuel Temp sensor & Coolant temp sensor location

Thanks mate, much appreciated
  10. lamchops

Fuel Temp sensor & Coolant temp sensor location

As above, can anyone tell me when the location of the sensors are in the engine bay? pictures would be a great help. The car is hard to start when the engine is hot. Might need to get either/both sensor replaced. The engine is a 2.0tdi 140bhp, thanks
  11. lamchops

Leon & Golf lowering springs

any one??????
  12. lamchops

Leon & Golf lowering springs

Just wondered if lowering springs from a mk5 golf would fit into my mk2 leon? since the suspension set up is quite similar. thanks
  13. lamchops

Vag-com obd-ii

do you know what version i am supposed to install for it to work? does it matter if i use either the vag-com 409 or 311 version?
  14. lamchops

Vag-com obd-ii

i bought the cable and software from ebay, the software worked fine for the 1st and 2nd go and then the program started to crash on me...:( is there certain models that the software is not compatible with? or is there any other software that can be used for fault scanning? can someone point me...
  15. lamchops

I have had enough of this car now

i starting to feel that way for my Seat as well so far i had to repair the water leaks, change the driveshaft, shocks, hub, think the bushing on the suspension arm is on its way. How do you know if the wheel bearing is wearing down? think it might need changed as well. lol
  16. lamchops

Toledo Mod Idea's

front splitter? 17 or 18 rs6 alloys or the alloys off an r32? get a carbon fibre single wing spoiler 4 it. that way paint is not needed for a spoiler tint the windows as wel, light brows, de badge it. i've got a tdi toledo n its not 2 dun up but it looks wel.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.