Search results

1. How to tell if your K1 is Real

Or, if the dealer knows what he's talking about he'll tell you the truth and offer more for one that's not a "real" K1 !!!!:whistle:
  2. FR Fog Lights

Isn't this a bit of a pointless exercise; the amount of fog thick enough to warrant the use of foglamps is minimal in the UK and surely there aren't any of those knobs that drive with foglamps on all year round on this forum!
  3. Pics of 2014 FR TDI with SEAT body kit!!!

At the moment all parts are being listed as a kit, our area SEAT aftersales manager has been here this morning and I asked him the question but even he doesn't know!
  4. Pics of 2014 FR TDI with SEAT body kit!!!

SEAT UK have now approved this kit for UK sale and have an initial stock of 100 kits coming in to the UK. The RRP supplied, fitted and painted is £2,499 which includes the rear spoiler, rear bumper, twin exit exhaust and side skirts. SEAT UK have decided against making the front bumper part of...
  5. How good is the Leon sat-nav?

I might be missing something here but where does it say the updates are free? All the statement says is that they'll be available, free and available are two different things. Whilst you may be right you could equally be wrong and SEAT will charge for them, they are after all in business. By...
  6. 4x4 Leon

Then you can be certain its Bull***t, as are most of the rumours that come out of NLC. The training staff don't even work for VAG, they're outsourced agency staff.
  7. Plastic Welding In Blackpool Area?

I have replied to your pm but in case you don't see it I'm going to get the bodyshop guys to look at the photo tomorrow. If you log into Facebook and go to David Cook Motors then click onto gallery you'll be able to see just a small sample of the quality of work they turn out.
  8. Leon Mk3 Preview

If you do make sure you order it with the Technology pack which includes the LED headlights and the satnav, there's an offer on whereby you can get both for £500 instead of the RRP of £1700ish. The LEDs are dead cool.
  9. Leon Mk3 Preview

Hi, For anybody itching to see the new Leon we will have one in our showroom (a left hand drive model) next Wednesday 16th January for selected customers to view so of course that invitation naturally goes out to all SCN members. We will only have the car from 12 noon until close of...
  10. Leon MK3 Preview January 16th

Hi, For anybody itching to see the new Leon we will have one in our showroom (a left hand drive model) next Wednesday 16th January for selected customers to view so of course that invitation naturally goes out to all SCN members. We will only have the car from 12 noon until close of...
  11. dealer margins

Yes of course it was a way of boosting the economy, as I said it was a brilliant scheme in every aspect. A recession is always based on not only financial reality but also on perception and confidence in the marketplace - those of us who in business when "Black Monday" occurred can testify to...
  12. dealer margins

Naivety again I'm afraid as far as the scrappage scheme is concerned. It was actually a very clever way for the government to appear as is they were giving away money when in fact they were gaining revenue. It also of course, revitalised the motor trade at one of the lowest points it had...
  13. dealer margins

No I don't take your view personally, in fact I find it quite amusing. I have a mere 35 years in various types of retailing varying from footwear to timeshare but more years in the motor trade than I care to remember. This business is like no other retail environment in the world and that's why...
  14. dealer margins

Of course they do and I suppose Tesco pay the checkout girl 50p for every 50p tin of beans she sells! Ever run a business? Firstly, price fixing was outlawed years ago under Bloc Exemption legislation, prior to this several dealers had been prosecuted for forming "price cartels". VAG were...
  15. Is this a good deal - Buying new Leon

Struggling to follow the logic:confused: How good the finance rate and therefore the interest payable, depends on what rate you agree to whether it's from your bank, Tescos et al, or the dealer. Commission? Don't understand what that is. Depreciation, that is a given on any car new or...
  16. Is this a good deal - Buying new Leon

The dealer does earn money if he charges over base rate but he'd have to charging ridiculous rates to get £3,000. If he was to earn that much on £18,750 over 3 years your APR would have to be around 26- 27%! The advantage of HP over a bank loan is that you have termination rights under the...
  17. dealer margins

Depends entirely on what campaign is running at any given time and on what models. There is a lot of rubbish spouted by people about margins but essentially you have to be happy with what you're paying and with the service you're receiving. There have been dealers (and continue to be)...
  18. Is this a good deal - Buying new Leon

Yeah, course they will and I bet you still believe in Father Christmas!:D
  19. Whats this above the drivers sun-visor ?

Why, what's wrong with the oem Bluetooth. I've driven dozens of cars with Bluetooth ranging from Bentley down to Kia and I've yet to find one that is better than the Leon's, one or two were maybe as good but the majority - including AM and Bentley were an awful lot worse.
  20. How to tell if your K1 is Real

I am a dealer and I can state categorically that given 2 cars as per your example I always pay more money for the one thats had the kit fitted by a reputable dealer than the one that came as a "genuine" K1. This is not conjecture, this is fact! A dealer fitting the kit has had control over...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.