Search results

1. Oil for Leon FR

It's coming back to me now. I used this site before, and had another go and it's saying to use 5W-30. I guess I will just carry on using this with the 10W-40 the service centre used.
  2. Oil for Leon FR

!!?.... So I've just thrown away £30-£50 or however much it cost? :( I bought the oil which was stated in the manual
  3. Oil for Leon FR

Having just had a 20k service for my Leon FR I've noticed on the invoice that "10W/40 Ultra Oil" was used for the oil change. The oil I've been using to top up for the last year is Castrol Edge 5W/30.. Am I ok to keep using this, or do I have to chuck a brand new 4L bottle away and find some...
  4. Are Armrests cool?

What is cool? I think they make the interior look nicer. My arm is always resting on the thing, and I couldn't buy another car without one.
  5. Tyre Questions

Interestingly, blackcircles prices for those tyres come in £20 - £30 more! However, maybe the SEAT dealer is quoting for 17" rims or a smaller size somehow.. don't know. Think I'm going to do as eltawater suggests and move the less worn back tyres to the front and put two new ones on the back...
  6. Tyre Questions

Sorry if these are daft questions, but someone's mentioned to me that my tyres are at their legal limit (I'm assuming the front ones, because the rear ones don't look too bad) and should therefore be replaced. I can't afford this but will just get the front ones replaced if I have to. Is it ok...
  7. Fuse gone on Cigarette Lighter?

Hi, my cigarette lighter has stopped working. The only thing I use it for is my phone charger and it suddenly stopped working so I tested it in a friends car and worked fine! I identified the fuse number as 42 abd ampere = 15 in my Seat Leon FR manual. My question is do i need to go out...
  8. Boot Mats on e-bay

bah, i guess noone has any better idea than myself. thanks for the comments I'll go for this one: "SEAT LEON Hatchback 2005-onwards" and hope if doesn't come with the goose **** :D
  9. Boot Mats on e-bay

Does anyone know what the difference between these 2 mats are?! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-2-2007-onwards-BOOT-MAT-LINER-ANTI-SLIP_W0QQitemZ200207805415QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 (SEAT LEON 2 2007-onwards) AND...
  10. Boot Mat

Did you get yours from the above ebay link though? Whereabouts do you live?
  11. Boot Mat

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but is it hard metal/plastic? i.e. not flexible, shiney and slidey?
  12. Seat Complaint Letter Process

As it stands, there is nothing actually wrong with the car. I just had very poor customer service, and verbal statements (gentleman agreements) ended up being false. I'm not sure I want to take it as far as UK Chairman, etc... as it'll just get ignored, and the dealership will think I'm a right...
  13. Noisy / clicking engine - Leon FR 2.0TFSI

Is it loud? I haven't noticed this on mine
  14. Seat Complaint Letter Process

Long story. Basically, just poor service and delivery delays. Cheers Markoos. I'm also assuming you mean the Sales Manager of the dealership? It certainly pays to complain. The more you keep quiet and tolerate incompetence the more bullshit, wallet milking, and unprofessionalism that gets...
  15. Seat Complaint Letter Process

Does anyone know what general process I should follow? I'm in the process of writing a complaint letter following my recent purchasing experience with a dealership. Does a copy go to the MD of the dealership + their Sales Manager, another to SEAT Customer Care, and 3rd to someone at UK...
  16. NEW sat-nav

Thanks. That is the part code of my media system manual, btw. And the disc is a VW western europe thing. Cheers, I'll try that hold setup thing tomorrow. I didn't think it turned on unless the keys were in the ignition though. Are you saying I should then be able to change the language, and...
  17. Carpet Mat issues

Mine just seem to have "teeth" underneath which seems to hold it in place well enough. They are "Leon" branded mats which were included in the purchase.
  18. Carpet Mat issues

I haven't noticed any clips on mine :o
  19. NEW sat-nav

I got my car before I got the sat-nav cd and system manual too (!?). At the moment I can use the radio/cd etc.. but it's all in german! When I go into system to try and change the language, it doesn't seem to let me. I've been told that this has to be set up by the dealership (something to do...
  20. 18" Wheels - how should i test they have been put on properly?

Some people have said it states the tyre size on the tyres. Do you mean actually on the tyre and not the alloy? My current wheels certainly do not state the tyre size anywhere. Thanks for feedback so far.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise